Hot Deals

[Kits.ca] FREE Pair of Eyeglasses - Just Pay $9.95 Shipping!

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 5:47 pm
Sr. Member
Mar 1, 2012
918 posts
650 upvotes
Darn. I'm being told the frame I want is OOS.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 19, 2011
1060 posts
653 upvotes
Montreal
Sadly the in-stock selection for men looks limited to big hipster styles.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 29, 2007
642 posts
346 upvotes
North America
series1000 wrote: I just want to be the first to say that these are not free. You are paying $9.95.
It's not the company charging you the shipping... hence, it's FREE. If you can drive over, pick it up for FREE... if you can't, you pay for shipping to the shipping agency, the store doesn't get any cut.
And to whoever upvoted your post, they need to read this, how can't you guys not understand that simple logic is beyond belief... what is with this up-vote and down-vote anyways? I have never used it...hmm...
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 29, 2007
642 posts
346 upvotes
North America
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: I know this is going to be hard for you to understand
The glasses are free
You just need to pay the $10 for them to ship them to your door
You are not exchanging money for the glasses, they are in fact free. What they are not covering is the extra expense to ship it to you. That you have to cover. If you need to think of it as only $10 for a pair of glasses including shipping so be it. But my invoice clearly states that the glasses were in fact free and I payed them $10 for express shipping to my door. Don't know why people are nitpicking this deal. If you don't want free glasses, move on. If you want to spend $200 at Costco great. This is about a free pair of glasses, can't really get cheaper than that unless you would like them to pay you to wear them too.

Again, thank op got a pair for free
Now, this is by far the best post I've read in a long time... Thank you for explaining things properly, much much better than I can.
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Sr. Member
Oct 25, 2010
669 posts
281 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got my mother one and got myself one. I lose glasses every couple months and mom just needed one while playing the piano so this was really great and timely!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1873 posts
523 upvotes
Toronto
Not the greatest selection, but make no mistake, these are decent glasses for $10. Solidly built.
Better than Clearly imo.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1245 posts
507 upvotes
FARMERBLANCHE wrote:
I know this is going to be hard for you to understand
The glasses are free
You just need to pay the $10 for them to ship them to your door
You are not exchanging money for the glasses, they are in fact free. What they are not covering is the extra expense to ship it to you. That you have to cover. If you need to think of it as only $10 for a pair of glasses including shipping so be it. But my invoice clearly states that the glasses were in fact free and I payed them $10 for express shipping to my door. Don't know why people are nitpicking this deal. If you don't want free glasses, move on. If you want to spend $200 at Costco great. This is about a free pair of glasses, can't really get cheaper than that unless you would like them to pay you to wear them too.

Again, thank op got a pair for free

Yo check out my friend's website wish.com I think you'll like it
Lots of free products
Just pay shipping

Oh and I'll also add that this company made $0 from this transaction because it was free, right ?
Great business model.

Or maybe the shipping cost for them was $5.

And they made $4.95 profit.

But that profit wasn't from the exchange of the glasses.

It was a generous tip you left them.

Because the glasses were free.
Last edited by series1000 on Oct 17th, 2020 3:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sr. Member
Mar 11, 2004
679 posts
27 upvotes
I'm technologically-challenged. Could not get a PD measurement less than 84mm on their site! I have a prescription but it doesn't show PD. Sadly I had to ditch the order.
Newbie
Nov 17, 2016
21 posts
18 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
series1000 wrote: Yo check out my friend's website wish.com I think you'll like it
Lots of free products
Just pay shipping

Oh and I'll also add that this company made $0 from this transaction because it was free, right ?
Great business model.

Or maybe the shipping cost for them was $5.

And they made $4.95 profit.

But that profit wasn't from the exchange of the glasses.

It was a generous tip you left them.

Because the glasses were free.
You're way too invested in this. Move on...
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1494 posts
928 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
What an awful site. Barely anything is available for virtual try on.

EDIT: Deal didnt work for me. Just gave me $99 off a kits branded glasses total $120.
Go on Zenni and you can get 2 pairs of glasses with thin lenses and coatings for the same price.
Last edited by ssjlancer on Oct 17th, 2020 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Oct 22, 2007
9004 posts
2546 upvotes
London
How do you enter something in the ADD field from a script?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
4580 posts
3139 upvotes
Edmonton
freddyprinze wrote: I'm technologically-challenged. Could not get a PD measurement less than 84mm on their site! I have a prescription but it doesn't show PD. Sadly I had to ditch the order.
You can call the place you got your eyes checked last and ask them for PD.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1494 posts
928 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Do I need to make an account first or something. Its just giving me $99 off for Kits branded glasses.

EDIT: Oh, its only free if you have a low prescription and you choose standard lenses and no coatings. Cold deal.
Member
Jul 25, 2008
262 posts
68 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Very little selection, virtual try-on didn't work for the dozen+ I tried (even though the option was there?).
Newbie
Feb 26, 2014
8 posts
3 upvotes
Mississauga
Ordered myself a pair of ray bans for $120, and gonna claim it via insurance.
Thanks!

Top