Hot Deals

[Kits.ca] FREE Pair of Eyeglasses - Just Pay $9.95 Shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 5:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1193 posts
2752 upvotes
series1000 wrote: Yo check out my friend's website wish.com I think you'll like it
Lots of free products
Just pay shipping

Oh and I'll also add that this company made $0 from this transaction because it was free, right ?
Great business model.

Or maybe the shipping cost for them was $5.

And they made $4.95 profit.

But that profit wasn't from the exchange of the glasses.

It was a generous tip you left them.

Because the glasses were free.
Wtf are you talking about now?
Are we discussing wish.com now?
Please show me how to send anything in Canada Express shipping free. We'll make millions.

I know it's hard to understand the concept of a loss leader. Just google it. You'll get it eventually. You really think they are making $$ on this?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4495 posts
2927 upvotes
series1000 wrote: Free shipping .
Just pay 9.95 for the glasses.
What's the different famalam.
Free is when you don't have to exchange any money for the good or service.
In Canada we pay to ship stuff.
Sep 7, 2002
933 posts
399 upvotes
1.67 index lenses are 99. Maybe a good deal for people with < 4.00 prescriptions, but mine at -4.25/-4.75 are outside the free range.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1494 posts
928 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
FARMERBLANCHE wrote: Wtf are you talking about now?
Are we discussing wish.com now?
Please show me how to send anything in Canada Express shipping free. We'll make millions.

I know it's hard to understand the concept of a loss leader. Just google it. You'll get it eventually. You really think they are making $$ on this?
I wouldnt say its a loss leader, theyre just betting on people adding at least an anti reflective coating for $10. With that $10 coating the price isnt any different from all the other direct from china storefronts. And if you have a high prescription and want all the coatings the price is actually worse.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2006
1360 posts
914 upvotes
Calgary
strife wrote: 1.67 index lenses are 99. Maybe a good deal for people with < 4.00 prescriptions, but mine at -4.25/-4.75 are outside the free range.
I had the same problem , but I got a pair of computer glasses which reduces the prescription strength. this would work for you too
Aug 30, 2020
89 posts
115 upvotes
It's $10, it's free, who cares. For $10 overall you can't beat the price. Most people probably spend more on Tim Hortons in a day. If these $10 glasses even last 6 months I would be happy. I remember my parents always riding me as a kid because I needed new prescription glasses every school year that costed $200-$300. Going to give this a try.
Nov 19, 2011
142 posts
33 upvotes
London
Bought 2 pair them in May, and one pair from Zenni and all of them are great for that kind of money. One pair in the car, next pair near the TV and the sunglasses from Zenni were used every week this year for golf. If you can match with whats available, its a great deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
1193 posts
2752 upvotes
ssjlancer wrote: I wouldnt say its a loss leader, theyre just betting on people adding at least an anti reflective coating for $10. With that $10 coating the price isnt any different from all the other direct from china storefronts. And if you have a high prescription and want all the coatings the price is actually worse.
You just defined what a loss leader is.
But you are absolutely correct You can get better deals for slightly more
Nov 4, 2004
70 posts
74 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Here is a link to a previous RFD thread with some feedback from people who received their glasses: kits-com-free-glasses-kits-com-code-2364077/4/

Again, I do generally recommend these online glasses companies, as long as your expectation of quality is realistic. Even within the lineup of clearly and other brands as you move to wards $40, $60, $100 a pair the quality may go up.

I also know that a higher price does not always equal better quality. Earlier this year I spent $800 on Gucci prescription sunglasses and $600 on Tom Ford prescription glasses. They are both of lower quality (plastic, creaking, flex) than my two Ray-bans which costed around $250 each. I knew this when I bought them, but I wanted the specific style and brand name and insurance was paying for it. Just my 2 cents.

$1400 on designer sunglasses in a single year covered by insurance? That's the real hot deal! How do I get me some coverage like that?
Mar 8, 2006
886 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
freddyprinze wrote: I'm technologically-challenged. Could not get a PD measurement less than 84mm on their site! I have a prescription but it doesn't show PD. Sadly I had to ditch the order.
PD is just a mm reading between pupils.
Select 64 or mirror and ruler.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4580 posts
3139 upvotes
Edmonton
pdienstm wrote: $1400 on designer sunglasses in a single year covered by insurance? That's the real hot deal! How do I get me some coverage like that?
nah, it was few years worth of flex dollars that I wanted to use up because I was leaving the job.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3082 posts
1649 upvotes
Canada
Anyone know if I just need 2.0 reading glasses, how does that translate into the prescription you need to enter?
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2011
1769 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how long promo been running for and when it will end?
Nov 16, 2013
623 posts
156 upvotes
GTA
So where do you get kens fixed then? I am also thinking on same lines to buy frames from them and then get the my progressive ( very high ) from some local shop which can be covered by my insurance
dealluva wrote: Sweet it worked. I picked out a pair of 99.00 frames.
I have a super crazy prescription and my glasses can cost a fortune. My insurance can't even cover a pair.
Had some problems entering in credit card number. Ended up just paying 9.99 for shipping on PayPal.
We will see . Always great to have a pair of beater glasses!
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
melikeydeals wrote: I've gotten 2 "free" pairs from Kits (Just used a different email address, same payment method, name and shipping address) and they are both good so far. Shipping was fast.
Where are these made and what kind of lenses are they using?

With online places like these don't u need to measure something so they're in focus? Sorry i don't remember what its called?
Will a local optician measure that thing for free if u tell them u want to order it from online?
I know lots of people who can't afford even the cheapest glasses available locally and they'd probably want to buy something like these... If they are ok practically... Is there a 100% refund including shipping?