Hot Deals

[Kits.ca] FREE Pair of Eyeglasses - Just Pay $9.95 Shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 5:47 pm
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
ssjlancer wrote: I wouldnt say its a loss leader, theyre just betting on people adding at least an anti reflective coating for $10. With that $10 coating the price isnt any different from all the other direct from china storefronts. And if you have a high prescription and want all the coatings the price is actually worse.
What are the other direct from china storefronts? Thinking Face Links? Thinking Face

Does the anti-reflective coating work? Is that when you see a slight blue or green color on the lens? Will it come off over time or is it manufacturered into the lenses themselves?
Jul 22, 2020
259 posts
29 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote: Now, this is by far the best post I've read in a long time... Thank you for explaining things properly, much much better than I can.
I think the costco brand ones have a warranty right?
Oct 16, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
vivmk20 wrote: So where do you get kens fixed then? I am also thinking on same lines to buy frames from them and then get the my progressive ( very high ) from some local shop which can be covered by my insurance
I have a couple of pairs of glasses and like to have a beater pair around . Just bought an eye glass kit from dollarstore to fix the arms if they happen to break. On a trip to India I stocked up on a few pairs so don't mind if I happen to break a pair. Its disgusting how much a pair of glasses can cost here.
Jun 12, 2018
81 posts
44 upvotes
Petawawa, Ontario
Thanks OP. Ordered a pair with all the coatings for $30. At first it told me my prescription was too strong for the standard lenses. Started over again and it worked. -4.5L, -3.5R
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
2800 posts
740 upvotes
Wanted blue light glass... still getting charged with $60 inclduing shipping
Images
  • Screenshot_20201017-221740_Samsung Internet.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1453 posts
117 upvotes
orangeteam wrote: PD is just a mm reading between pupils.
Select 64 or mirror and ruler.
Measuring your PD is actually very easy. I've done it with a ruler in the mirror and got the same number as the ophthalmologist .
Jan 4, 2008
420 posts
143 upvotes
Mississauga
I'll give these a shot I guess.

I have prescription sunglasses and prescription glasses, both cost over $300 (thanks Lenscrafter...Although only reason I got them were cause of a family discount so I got them at a fraction of that cost) Not in use most of the time anyways, I mainly just use them for driving.

My regular prescription glasses, seems like the coating is peeling off from one lense. Might have been partially my fault since when I first got it I used to leave it in the car, which you're not supposed to do.

But for $10, I guess I could afford to get some backup and see how it goes. Not sure if I should bother with the anti scratching or coating for $10-$20? Or do people think it's worth it?

And the one part that's hard to judge is measuring length from the front to the back(by the ear) Many are 140-150mm. Not sure how to measure that on my current set. Do I measure from the front to the back, or do I include the curved piece (since the ear piece does curve downwards which gives diff distances depending how you measure).

Now to find my old prescription number. I have no idea what my prescription numbers are.
Last edited by dxbender on Oct 18th, 2020 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4580 posts
3139 upvotes
Edmonton
GreenLean wrote: Where are these made and what kind of lenses are they using?

With online places like these don't u need to measure something so they're in focus? Sorry i don't remember what its called?
Will a local optician measure that thing for free if u tell them u want to order it from online?
I know lots of people who can't afford even the cheapest glasses available locally and they'd probably want to buy something like these... If they are ok practically... Is there a 100% refund including shipping?
The measurement is called pupillary distance (PD). I'm not sure if they will measure for free, but usually when you get your eyes check you can ask them to write it on your prescription. There are instructions online on how you can measure it yourself, but I'm not sure how accurate that will be.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Jun 15, 2015
84 posts
41 upvotes
Winnipeg,MB
You are right. In China, a pair of glass with extremely high tech only $100-200such as Titanium alloy memory glasses,pure or some chemicals elements with titanium , anti some lights, scratch, extremely light, coating....... I got one before I came to Canada, its really comfortable and light, it’s only $40. The seller said he still have lots of profit, and I found some people said it’s only cost $8-15.
Jan 24, 2010
312 posts
300 upvotes
Canada
quantman wrote: Got 2 pairs so far. I don't think I'll ever be able to pay 300$+ for glasses again. The prescription was spot on. The only thing I recommend is double checking the size of the frame.

Edit : They ship from BC, got my pairs within a couple of business days. I'm in Ontario.
How were you able to order 2 pairs?

I am trying to get a 2d pair for my dad but the sites keeps rejecting the coupon upon check out

"Please correct the following errors to complete your order: (coupon_code): Coupon Code 'FREEKITS' usage exceeded. Limit 1 per customer. Coupon Removed."
Dec 25, 2012
437 posts
434 upvotes
Ontario
I used to do this when clearly offered cheap glasses. Not anymore. I find they don't fit right. Glasses are something you need to try on, see if it fits your face in person not something you can see a picture and punch in a few frame sizes and think it will work. Too much hassle. Now I go to Pearle vision and BOGO free sale and try on glasses and make sure it works. Never going back to online again.