Hot Deals

[Kits.ca] FREE Pair of Eyeglasses - Just Pay $9.95 Shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2020 5:47 pm
May 19, 2003
960 posts
156 upvotes
Gave it a try as well..for $30 with the coating bundle shipped you can't go wrong..Thanks OP
Heatware: 56-0-0
Apr 25, 2020
117 posts
31 upvotes
Awesome! will buy a few pairs to give it a try.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1785 posts
325 upvotes
Lévis
fatestkid wrote: These glasses will feel like $5-$10 glasses. In my university days I got free pairs (paid shipping around $5-10) from zenni, clearly and one other brand. My prescription is low and the cheap glasses worked fine. I would recommend them if you're on a budget or need something disposable. My biggest issue was finding big enough frames because my head quite large.

However, now that I have insurance I much prefer spending $150-$250 at Costco or on Ray-Ban from any of the retailers.
Zeitaku wrote: No need to generalize.
I got 2 pairs from Clearly for $145-160 and they were uncomfortable to wear and not true to the size. It was also painful to wear those frames with on-the-ear headphones.
In July I got a free pair from Kits ("Ulysses" frame) and have been wearing it every day since. Not only they are very nice-looking and comfortable, but even the standard lenses with no additional coating are quality enough for everyday usage. So I would definitely recommend Kits, but not Zenny or Clearly.
Do you guys know exactly what your sizes are (bridge and lens size, arms, etc)? Because it takes little to be off, to the point the glass won't fit.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2038 posts
1485 upvotes
Fredericton
Thanks OP! In for a cheap pair.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Jan 22, 2020
16 posts
27 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Do you guys know exactly what your sizes are (bridge and lens size, arms, etc)? Because it takes little to be off, to the point the glass won't fit.
I do. I just use my previous pair of glasses as a reference - a lot of frames have their dimensions written on the inner side.
Maybe if you don't know what size fits you, you could go to an offline optical store (like LensCrafters for example) and try on a couple of frames. When you find the one that fits you, just take a picture of the dimensions written on the inner side of the frame.
Feb 18, 2007
557 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
fatestkid wrote: Here is a link to a previous RFD thread with some feedback from people who received their glasses: kits-com-free-glasses-kits-com-code-2364077/4/

Again, I do generally recommend these online glasses companies, as long as your expectation of quality is realistic. Even within the lineup of clearly and other brands as you move to wards $40, $60, $100 a pair the quality may go up.

I also know that a higher price does not always equal better quality. Earlier this year I spent $800 on Gucci prescription sunglasses and $600 on Tom Ford prescription glasses. They are both of lower quality (plastic, creaking, flex) than my two Ray-bans which costed around $250 each. I knew this when I bought them, but I wanted the specific style and brand name and insurance was paying for it. Just my 2 cents.
You guys are going o be in for a suprise when you realize that all this crap is literally the same cost to produce.

Nearly the entire eyeglass industry is owned by Luxotica, a de factor monopoly. And they RAKE in the profits. Eyeglasses and sunglasses cost next to NOTHING to make, even WITH prescription lenses. You and I, the general public an insurers are being RIPPED off by hundred dollar + eyeglass frames/eyeglasses.

Learn more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/anaswanson ... 2318f6b66b
Feb 18, 2007
557 posts
630 upvotes
Vancouver
Oomani wrote: Apparently their refund policy is non-existent for glasses and frames. They only offer exchanges or store credit, which is a shame. Can anyone comment on this? How's their customer service otherwise?
You want a refund policy for free glasses?
Sep 5, 2020
21 posts
11 upvotes
My lenses alone cost around $300, will I still qualify for these "free" ones?
Oct 16, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
Just an update on my order. The company reached out to me saying that as my prescription was too high I had 2 options, pay 100 dollars to upgrade for thinner lenses or cancel the order. I chose the 2nd option. This is already after me paying yesterday and the money taken out of my PayPal account. We will see how much of an issue it is to get my money back. Sounds a bit scummy to me. They better not try and offer me store credit. This is a bit of a bummer. They shouldn't have already processed my order. This makes me question this companies business ethics and is this a company you want to do business with. Buyer beware.
Nov 17, 2019
61 posts
96 upvotes
mkm999 wrote: How were you able to order 2 pairs?

I am trying to get a 2d pair for my dad but the sites keeps rejecting the coupon upon check out

"Please correct the following errors to complete your order: (coupon_code): Coupon Code 'FREEKITS' usage exceeded. Limit 1 per customer. Coupon Removed."
Not sure how their system works. Maybe switch names on the order and use a Canada post flex mailbox? I used the same credit card and info, but I did order 1 month apart. This deal comes and goes a couple of times a year.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1453 posts
117 upvotes
micromen wrote: I used to do this when clearly offered cheap glasses. Not anymore. I find they don't fit right. Glasses are something you need to try on, see if it fits your face in person not something you can see a picture and punch in a few frame sizes and think it will work. Too much hassle. Now I go to Pearle vision and BOGO free sale and try on glasses and make sure it works. Never going back to online again.
Glasses have sizes. It's on the inside of the arm of the glasses you're wearing. Mine are 51-18-140. https://bfy.tw/POHt You can google what the numbers mean. Go to your old glasses drawer and find the glasses you have that fit the best and look the best for your face. The measurements will be the ideal frame sizes you would look for on any online site. Look at the other sizes you have that don't fit you well and look at what the numbers mean to your fit. Personally, I can't go with a different arm length but will tolerate a the other two measurements by a mm. The kits.ca website makes narrowing down the sizes very easy using the size filter.

My most comfortable glasses were actually super cheap from zenni years ago. It's too bad my prescription changed. They were plastic with wire arms and weighed next to nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4495 posts
2927 upvotes
I uploaded my prescription but it's missing the numbers for left eye cylinder and two axis numbers on the order status page. Should I be concerned or do they have actual human to verify the prescription photo?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4580 posts
3139 upvotes
Edmonton
danascully wrote: You guys are going o be in for a suprise when you realize that all this crap is literally the same cost to produce.

Nearly the entire eyeglass industry is owned by Luxotica, a de factor monopoly. And they RAKE in the profits. Eyeglasses and sunglasses cost next to NOTHING to make, even WITH prescription lenses. You and I, the general public an insurers are being RIPPED off by hundred dollar + eyeglass frames/eyeglasses.

Learn more: https://www.forbes.com/sites/anaswanson ... 2318f6b66b
Settle down, I've known this since 2010 when I first bought an expensive pair.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4580 posts
3139 upvotes
Edmonton
SPARTACVS wrote: Do you guys know exactly what your sizes are (bridge and lens size, arms, etc)? Because it takes little to be off, to the point the glass won't fit.
No, I don't. I usually estimate based on previous pairs and it doesn't always work out ordering online. My head is quite large and I'd day 4 out of the 8-10 I ordered online worked out for me. When I go to a store I have to try 15-20 pairs just to find 2 or 3 that fit me.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals