Kits.com Free Pair Prescription Glasses

Deal Link:
Price:
free
Retailer:
kits.com
https://www.kits.com/freeglasses.html

Discount code FREEKITS

Pay $9.95 shipping only. it has been confirmed in the past that they ship to Canada for the same price.

I can confirm this works, I ordered a pair this morning.
Got that Zoomer account!
173 replies
Feb 7, 2003
250 posts
112 upvotes
FYI, that's $9.95 USD, which comes out to around $14 CAD. That's still a good deal, I think, for a no frills backup pair of prescription glasses.
Feb 4, 2015
398 posts
851 upvotes
Calgary, AB
It is probably still cheaper to order from Zenni even thought kits is "free" because coatings are expensive (relatively speaking).

For example:
Kits: Frame (free) + coating combo (UV+anti-reflect+anti-scratch) $19.99 + shipping ($9.99) = ~$30
Zenni: Frame (varies, but ~$10) + coating combo ($5) + shipping ($7) = ~$22

Kits will be a bit cheaper if you get zero coatings or other features, but if you do, they are all roughly half the price at Zenni. In a no coating comparison, $9.99 at Kits vs $14 at Zenni (using cheapest frame at $7 + anti-scratch and UV coatings, which are 'free').

https://www.zennioptical.com
Jul 30, 2019
36 posts
41 upvotes
Clarkson
It’s good for granparents.
No titanium glasses. Plastic ones are still more expensive with a prescription than titanium ones with the prescription in Eastern Europe.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6992 posts
3222 upvotes
Has anyone bought glasses with high-index lenses from Kits? If so, can you comment on the quality of these lenses and how they might compare to a Nikon high-index lens?
Jul 8, 2013
62 posts
55 upvotes
AMHERST
I bought non-prescription lenses and they are transparent (in a good way) with almost no reflection.
I think the flip-open case they came in would cost me more that $14
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2008
1008 posts
323 upvotes
How is kits able to consistently offer this deal? This is at least the 3rd rike I've seen this deal within 2 or so months
Jul 8, 2013
62 posts
55 upvotes
AMHERST
fancypantsfloyd wrote: How is kits able to consistently offer this deal? This is at least the 3rd rike I've seen this deal within 2 or so months
It must be profitable enough to eat the cost of the first one and make it up on the percentage of people who buy a second (or third, fourth, etc) time.
The last time they raised capital was Nov 15, 2016
Jan 8, 2011
39 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Heads up. I ordered a Pair back in early June.
Haven't recieved it yet.
Probably more of a post issues that a KITS problem though.
Dec 29, 2013
87 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote: Has anyone bought glasses with high-index lenses from Kits? If so, can you comment on the quality of these lenses and how they might compare to a Nikon high-index lens?
I got a free upgrade to high-index (without the coating I assume) and the quality is great tbh and I’ve worn it everyday since! I see no difference from the overpriced lenses.
Apr 25, 2014
169 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
It's a bummer that they don't offer progressive lenses :(
Jan 13, 2012
325 posts
326 upvotes
Vancouver
Blasterfi9 wrote: Heads up. I ordered a Pair back in early June.
Haven't recieved it yet.
Probably more of a post issues that a KITS problem though.
Had the same issue, contacted customer service and they sorted things out and reshipped same day. Good communication, I'd buy again.
Mar 7, 2011
341 posts
144 upvotes
Vernon
I got these last time around and love them.
shipping was super fast, 3 days in BC.
I had bought a pair from clearly and within a week the lenes were already starting to scratch even with their coatings.
kits hasn't so far =)

recommend kits!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)