Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
kits.com

Kits.com Free Pair Prescription Glasses

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 11:03 am
Mar 31, 2020
72 posts
44 upvotes
Bad deal if you have high prescription. Around $124, much more expensive than something like Clearly
Jan 26, 2005
979 posts
98 upvotes
recordman wrote: My computer glasses came, rather quickly. The quality is quite good; all for $13.90. Kits is most likely taking a big loss. Kudos to them for having this promotion.
Computer glasses? do they offer those block Blue Light, Anti-Glare lense?
Nov 19, 2018
73 posts
42 upvotes
Surrey, BC
$14, came with a glasses case, little screwdriver. cloth. Can't really complain and recommended to friends.
Jan 26, 2005
979 posts
98 upvotes
I ordered on July 2. Until now, i still haven't see my order move. Email them and they said they cannot fulfill my order because i request progressive lenses at this time. They should fix their website instead of wasting people time

Thumb down of kits
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4997 posts
2214 upvotes
Vancity
helphelp911 wrote: Computer glasses? do they offer those block Blue Light, Anti-Glare lense?
Nothing special. Just regular lens with prescription for close range. My regular progressive glasses are -3.50 for far range, and -2.50 for close range. The new Kits glasses are -2.50. If I want the blue light thing, I can run an app. to alleviate. I run f.lux on Windows.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9231 posts
2902 upvotes
London
I need a new pair, but man, I find none of these frames appealing.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1598 posts
449 upvotes
seems like the pulled the bait and switch on me

told me my frame isnt in stock anymore and was pulled from their listings

I check online and its still listed as available and is now way more expensive
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1288 posts
345 upvotes
Ottomaddox wrote: I need a new pair, but man, I find none of these frames appealing.
I'm finding there is really not much for smaller faces. Basically two options and even then they are a bit bigger than what I already have. I might wait to see if they get more frames in.
Mar 7, 2011
664 posts
377 upvotes
Vernon
helphelp911 wrote: I ordered on July 2. Until now, i still haven't see my order move. Email them and they said they cannot fulfill my order because i request progressive lenses at this time. They should fix their website instead of wasting people time

Thumb down of kits
it seems you wasted their time as it clearly states "At this time, KITS is not producing bifocals, progressives, or prescription sunglasses" right from the linked page.
RFD Aquarium forum come join us =)
Feb 26, 2017
253 posts
200 upvotes
I don't need new glasses but I'm always worried if I break mine I'm going to be in trouble, especially when traveling, so I ended getting a pair. I also went with the Blue Light filter because that might be useful for me with my sleep disorder. I already use F.lux on the computer but for televisions and other sources of light like lamps and ebook reading, it's not possible to alter them for me. Looking forward to trying them, Gale was the only model I thought looked ok.
Nov 19, 2011
202 posts
81 upvotes
London
Thanks everyone, I'm going to try them out. I ordered without the coating and it came to $ 12.60 Canadian all in. If they are any good at all this is a gift!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5257 posts
1206 upvotes
I normally wear progressives, but for playing tennis, I don't need the reading part of the prescription. So I ordered a pair on the 6th, it shipped on the 7th and arrived today. That's damn fast. They won't win a fashion award but for limited use and/or backup, they are fine. My total was $29.90 USD (shipping + anti-scratch/UV/etc... bundle).
Jan 26, 2005
979 posts
98 upvotes
brigand wrote: it seems you wasted their time as it clearly states "At this time, KITS is not producing bifocals, progressives, or prescription sunglasses" right from the linked page.
LOL, Am i? I went through the checkout without problem. I know nothing about progressives blah blah lens. I just put my # in the boxes. I don't even know i am ordering progressives lens. They said because i put +1.5 so it is progressives.

They should stop me at check out and saying they don't offer that measurement in the checkout process

Also, they should tell me right away after order placed. Instead of i email them after a week asking what is going on with my order

THUMB DOWN on website and customer services
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1455 posts
459 upvotes
Halifax
helphelp911 wrote: LOL, Am i? I went through the checkout without problem. I know nothing about progressives blah blah lens. I just put my # in the boxes. I don't even know i am ordering progressives lens. They said because i put +1.5 so it is progressives.

They should stop me at check out and saying they don't offer that measurement in the checkout process

Also, they should tell me right away after order placed. Instead of i email them after a week asking what is going on with my order

THUMB DOWN on website and customer services
I find it funny you are down voting their website because it wasn't designed to protect you from yourself since you clearly didn't read or pay attention to what you were doing.
May 22, 2018
255 posts
455 upvotes
Ontario
I wish they had 1.74 compression, the highest they offer isn't thin enough for me :(
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17022 posts
4810 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Got mine. Not bad. Frame is larger but that's all they have. Will order again, specially if they offer lower priced high index lenses.
Feb 3, 2013
418 posts
400 upvotes
Victoria
choclover wrote: Has anyone bought glasses with high-index lenses from Kits? If so, can you comment on the quality of these lenses and how they might compare to a Nikon high-index lens?
I've never bought from Kits, but the 1.67 high index lens material would be the same as what Nikon would use. What would be different would be the quality of the lens surfacing,if a digital, aspheric or spherical lens profile and quality of the non-glare coating. Of course the optical centre placement is critical in stronger Rx's. Nikon would also be using proprietary software to model the lenses during surfacing.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17022 posts
4810 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
PaliGap wrote: I've never bought from Kits, but the 1.67 high index lens material would be the same as what Nikon would use. What would be different would be the quality of the lens surfacing,if a digital, aspheric or spherical lens profile and quality of the non-glare coating. Of course the optical centre placement is critical in stronger Rx's. Nikon would also be using proprietary software to model the lenses during surfacing.
I got 1.67, no qualms. It's a quality lens.
Aug 14, 2004
319 posts
181 upvotes
Burnaby
Got my pair in 2 days thnx