Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
kits.com

Kits.com Free Pair Prescription Glasses

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2020 11:03 am
Sep 5, 2015
373 posts
1259 upvotes
Calgary, AB
It says "At least 1 KITS Glasses required in the cart.".
What does that mean?
Mar 20, 2005
121 posts
52 upvotes
Calgary
Received my glasses a couple days ago and they are excellent.

I didn't upgrade lenses and the default ones have some anti-reflective coating on them anyway...

Silicone nose pads are a nice touch too - I usually have to swap out the nose pads on cheaper glasses.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Similar to clearly contacts eh?
Blanka
Dec 3, 2019
6 posts
6 upvotes
ashwani2k wrote: It says "At least 1 KITS Glasses required in the cart.".
What does that mean?
Maybe you chose designer brand frames?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1753 posts
1902 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: Blue light coating is a hoax guys.
So much so that there was a recent study done that said they could actually be detrimental.
Feb 26, 2017
292 posts
230 upvotes
DanP wrote: So much so that there was a recent study done that said they could actually be detrimental.
scientific knowledge is never reducible to a single isolated study. you have to look at the overall evidence.

as long as the blue light filter is good, it's not a hoax, it has been studied extensively.

https://justgetflux.com/research.html

but if you don't actually have sleeping issues related to light, or you can use a blue light filter at the software level, you don't need this. I'm only getting it because my Kindle Voyage doesn't have a built-in filter.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
2054 posts
4712 upvotes
Added a pair of sunglasses to my cart and the total comes to $41.80 with shipping. What gives? FREEKITS only takes off $96 but the sunglasses are $123.

Am I missing something?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
cursayer wrote: Added a pair of sunglasses to my cart and the total comes to $41.80 with shipping. What gives? FREEKITS only takes off $96 but the sunglasses are $123.

Am I missing something?
This is in the terms of the freebie: "SUNGLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE WITH PRESCRIPTION LENSES AND COST EXTRA"
Feb 12, 2012
142 posts
59 upvotes
Oshawa
Anyone have any experiences with the sunglasses? Don't mind paying the extra to try them out, just wanna see if anyone else has grabbed them yet.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2008
1753 posts
1902 upvotes
Senescence wrote: scientific knowledge is never reducible to a single isolated study. you have to look at the overall evidence.

as long as the blue light filter is good, it's not a hoax, it has been studied extensively.

https://justgetflux.com/research.html

but if you don't actually have sleeping issues related to light, or you can use a blue light filter at the software level, you don't need this. I'm only getting it because my Kindle Voyage doesn't have a built-in filter.
When people are getting blue light blocking coatings on their prescription glasses, they are typically getting them from things like eye strain, or eye issues, etc which is a hoax.

You are referring to avoiding blue night before bed as that may cause issues with melatonin and delay its production which can hinder sleep. So i think we were referring to two different scenarios.
May 31, 2017
321 posts
300 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Similar to clearly contacts eh?
My guess is this deal is very much along the same lines as the old "first pair free" promotion that clearly used to run before being bought by essilor
Dec 7, 2008
200 posts
84 upvotes
Is the site buggy for you guys? When I try to create account, the provinces available is all in USA even when I changed country to canada. I also can't use their virtual try on.
Oct 9, 2019
498 posts
353 upvotes
I am in the-5.00 range on both eyes. Which site would be cheapest for glasses for home use - zenni or kits? Clearly costs around 70$ shipped for basic glasses.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
There's a little video from Marketplace about the so called blue light coating

Blue light can affect melatonin level but the blue AR coating won't help you with that.

Unless you have tinted amber glasses, I really doubt that coating does anything to block blue light
If you look at the sky and it looks blue...it aint filtering much.
Oct 21, 2017
181 posts
125 upvotes
My Kits glasses came in the mail yesterday. First time with Kits, but I've purchased many glasses from their competitors like Zenni and Goggles4U so here are my thoughts:
- frame quality is MUCH better
- shipped WAY faster
- overall a lot happier with these vs the others as they feel a lot more premium

My Zenni and Goggles4U glasses were in the price range of $7-18 USD. These were $24 usd only because I opted for the lense coating (highly recommend to avoid reflection). Even without that, for $10 USD they are fantastic and definitely worth the price. I have been using Zenni as my daily driver and these will replace those. Also, I purchased a pair of sunglasses from Clearly for about $35 CAD, and these beat the quality of those glasses as well.
AT&T 25GB
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1473 posts
2779 upvotes
Ontario
sirvar wrote: My Kits glasses came in the mail yesterday. First time with Kits, but I've purchased many glasses from their competitors like Zenni and Goggles4U so here are my thoughts:
- frame quality is MUCH better
- shipped WAY faster
- overall a lot happier with these vs the others as they feel a lot more premium

My Zenni and Goggles4U glasses were in the price range of $7-18 USD. These were $24 usd only because I opted for the lense coating (highly recommend to avoid reflection). Even without that, for $10 USD they are fantastic and definitely worth the price. I have been using Zenni as my daily driver and these will replace those. Also, I purchased a pair of sunglasses from Clearly for about $35 CAD, and these beat the quality of those glasses as well.
I echo this sentiment. Just got my Kits glasses two days ago, having also used the likes of G4U, Clearly, etc in the past. I'm quite impressed with the frame quality for the price! The arms are even spring joints rather than just plastic hinges so they can open a little wider too. The arms were just a tad long, which I expected when I ordered, but a heat gun took care of that adjusted quite quickly for me :) I wish they'd offer more lens selections like G4U does though - I could only get the standard lenses (included free) or pay about $100 extra for really high index ones. With my prescription strength, I usually prefer a regular high index, something between "standard" and super-thin.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
My glasses have been stuck in the 'baking your order' phase for the past few days :/
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
259 upvotes
Peterborough
just ordered a pair how long till they come I can;t drive till I get them?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
lillik wrote: Is the site buggy for you guys? When I try to create account, the provinces available is all in USA even when I changed country to canada. I also can't use their virtual try on.
Been there, done that...
IDStorms wrote: How are you creating an account, when there's no Province to select after you select Canada as the country?

Never mind, I changed it once my account was created, but that's not to say their registration page wasn't done right.
Mar 10, 2016
2 posts
Leask
I ordered from this site today, paid $81 with tax via PayPal.

Got myself a metal prescription frame, all the coatings (UV and Blue light). My current frame is from Costco and other brands are easy $300, so a steal for me.

I also learnt the parent company is LD Vision, the PayPal support directs it to them. On their site however, I didn’t find any information relating to kits.com.

They have shipped already, let’s see how they are in person. Excited for them.