Expired Hot Deals

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2018 10:44 am
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
1452 posts
228 upvotes
Montreal
BYEEEEE Knowroaming!

Fido 3GB $15 deal, here I come
Apr 11, 2012
317 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
Chat sim is another alternative as well if you are just using whats app or any other messenger app. It is 44.00 USD per year. I don't know about their reliability. Mixed review on Amazon. Confused Face
May 24, 2014
185 posts
89 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
williamsauga wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 10:15 am
BYEEEEE Knowroaming!

Fido 3GB $15 deal, here I come
I contacted Fido about it, and both the customer service rep, and their website, stated that you have to be a paying customer of Fido (ie, have a plan; not prepaid) to get that deal. Are you already with Fido?
Apr 22, 2012
684 posts
73 upvotes
TORONTO
threehappypenguins wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 1:21 pm
I contacted Fido about it, and both the customer service rep, and their website, stated that you have to be a paying customer of Fido (ie, have a plan; not prepaid) to get that deal. Are you already with Fido?
I was not Fido customer to get the $15 plan and a free tablet back then. It depends the FIDO sales person whether he/she knows how to set up the plan. I went to the first one the sales girl told me a lot BS and I left to Best Buy on Dundas. He knew what to do to set up the $15 plan in 20 minutes. I got my free tablet and the $15 3 gb data plan to use on my phone.
Apr 11, 2012
317 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
HappyValley1 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 1:34 pm
I was not Fido customer to get the $15 plan and a free tablet back then. It depends the FIDO sales person whether he/she knows how to set up the plan. I went to the first one the sales girl told me a lot BS and I left to Best Buy on Dundas. He knew what to do to set up the $15 plan in 20 minutes. I got my free tablet and the $15 3 gb data plan to use on my phone.
Do they still offer free tablet?
May 24, 2014
185 posts
89 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
HappyValley1 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 1:34 pm
Hmmm... that is interesting. So it seems that you just have the pull the right strings and talk to the right person. Good to know! Just so I have an idea, how long ago were you able to obtain this?
Nov 14, 2012
458 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Sad to see this deal go. I got KnowRoaming SIM for my whole family and racked up over $100 of credit, can't see myself refilling it just to keep the credit alive.
Apr 22, 2012
684 posts
73 upvotes
TORONTO
Feb 15th, 2018 1:54 pm
Hmmm... that is interesting. So it seems that you just have the pull the right strings and talk to the right person. Good to know! Just so I have an idea, how long ago were you able to obtain this?
last December.
Sep 30, 2015
20 posts
1 upvote
York, ON
jaggu2001 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 10:16 am
Chat sim is another alternative as well if you are just using whats app or any other messenger app. It is 44.00 USD per year. I don't know about their reliability. Mixed review on Amazon. Confused Face
KR data rate is not bad. Yesterday I sent a whatsapp message and received a reply, all for $.09. I don’ know why it would not be $.15 since it is the rate for 1mb of data.
Much cheaper than using my Rogers paygo text message (I don’t have data so cannot use Rogers for whatsapp).
Jul 15, 2003
582 posts
104 upvotes
Feb 15th, 2018 9:53 am
For those of you who are now looking for an alternative, check out KeepGo. I can't say for sure yet they're a good service here in Canada (I ordered two days ago and am awaiting for their SIM in the mail), but you can buy a SIM for $41.65 USD ($49 USD before using coupon code KEEPGO_15_OFF) with free shipping and 1 GB of data that doesn't expire for a year.
This is a cost-effective data plan for light data users like myself as the 1-year top-up sounds great. Might be a good data companion for those using Speakout's 1-year phone top-up.

You're essentially paying $8 or $15 for the SIM card.

I'm currently on Fido's 3GB a month plan and barely use any data! Maybe when my contract expires, I'll move over to KeepGo.
Apr 11, 2012
317 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
HappyValley1 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 2:18 pm
last December.
Just had chat with Fido CSR and Tablet deal is still on but she said if I use that sim card in any other device than I will be charged $1.00 per minute of usage. Doesn't make sense to me. If i take just a 3gb data plan without tablet than I am ok to use the service in any device.
Apr 22, 2012
684 posts
73 upvotes
TORONTO
jaggu2001 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 3:13 pm
Just had chat with Fido CSR and Tablet deal is still on but she said if I use that sim card in any other device than I will be charged $1.00 per minute of usage. Doesn't make sense to me. If i take just a 3gb data plan without tablet than I am ok to use the service in any device.
I am not sure whether they can lock the sim card with the tablet. In my case, I am using the sim card in my iphone 5 and sold the tablet for $180. I check my account last couple months and only $15+ tax charge to my account. when I got my tablet, I ask the csr not to open the seal. So that i can sell it as BNIB sealed. It was back then and a lot of people use the 3gb data on smart phone and it hurts their data plan sales. So they may find a way to force you to use the sim card in tablet. It has a thread about FIDO 3 gb $15 in hot deal. You may post there and ask the expert there.
May 24, 2014
185 posts
89 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
krist8 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 2:24 pm
KR data rate is not bad. Yesterday I sent a whatsapp message and received a reply, all for $.09. I don’ know why it would not be $.15 since it is the rate for 1mb of data.
Much cheaper than using my Rogers paygo text message (I don’t have data so cannot use Rogers for whatsapp).
That's actually a lot of data for two messages. With Fongo, two messages (one sent, one received) uses 20 KB. Your two messages (sent and received) used up 600 KB of data. WhatsApp uses 30 times as much data for messages than Fongo if your information is correct.
djray wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 3:02 pm
This is a cost-effective data plan for light data users like myself as the 1-year top-up sounds great. Might be a good data companion for those using Speakout's 1-year phone top-up.
I am currently using SpeakOut, but I plan to totally get rid of it and use KeepGo as my only SIM card. It actually simplifies things for me since I can have one Canadian phone number for texting and calling, via Fongo. Check out this thread where I managed to find what I was looking for: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/creative ... h-2169230/
Jul 15, 2003
582 posts
104 upvotes
Feb 15th, 2018 4:06 pm
I am currently using SpeakOut, but I plan to totally get rid of it and use KeepGo as my only SIM card. It actually simplifies things for me since I can have one Canadian phone number for texting and calling, via Fongo. Check out this thread where I managed to find what I was looking for: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/creative ... h-2169230/
Subscribed! Thanks for posting your thread.

I'll most likely try to do the same thing. Will post some follow-up thoughts in your thread.