Expired Hot Deals

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:09 am
Mar 12, 2007
52 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
weedb0y wrote: Worked fine in States
Does it only work on T-mobile? Any other carriers supported?
Jun 26, 2009
797 posts
371 upvotes
Calgary
I am using LeTv 1s phone, even though it stays on wifi all the time, every day there' s $0.02 charge for some 100kb of data usage, after block "all" apps except whatsapp using AFWall+ (Rooted). Don't know what this unknown data usage is everyday.

I am thinking of changing the ROM..
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
critical888 wrote: on 0 credit, knowroaming sim

Whatsapp Push notification for android , works oK

Whatsapp push notification for iphone, not oK, does yours work? the whatsapp does work when you goes in, but it wont notify you
Not 100% sure about Android, but it didn't work on iPhone for me. Someone explained about it on a previous post.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Aug 17, 2003
222 posts
38 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Not 100% sure about Android, but it didn't work on iPhone for me. Someone explained about it on a previous post.
It doesn't work on iPhone because it uses the Apple Notification Service. I think with Android the notifications come directly from WhatsApp so they don't get blocked.
Mar 17, 2008
254 posts
93 upvotes
Ontario
drdtyc wrote: I used the code posted in this thread to get $5 off.
Having clicked Facebook and Twitter links, I got 2 emails.
One email gave me $5 Facebook voucher and a $5 referral voucher.
The other email gave me $5 Twitter voucher.

How to get the $5 opening voucher you mentioned above?
There was a voucher number in my order confirmation that I presumably can use. (Done and it added $5.00 without me having to add any money - just backarrowed out, the $5.00 showed up)
I clicked on Facebook and Twitter about an hour ago, and I see the messages sent to those sites. But I have not received anything from K-R regarding those two. Is there anything else I need to do? How long before the emails arrive?

Do these credits provide free airtime? How are they applied - only when setting up account, or later? I bought the Global SIM which does not come with the $10 credit. I want to try this out before I add the $25 minimum which will be for talk when we head South.
Last edited by freeagent on Dec 29th, 2016 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 31, 2005
473 posts
119 upvotes
I tried the SIM in India and it was hit and miss. We were traveling quite a bit to different provinces and it connected to different carriers but the messages wouldn't always go through..it worked great on our 3h connection in Istanbul..I didn't try it on the way back though. Before leaving in Toronto it was also inconsistent...I managed to download a short video on WhatsApp and it pretty much stopped working after that.
Considering it tided us over a few days while we scrambled to get a local SIM it was worth the money however I wouldn't rely on it for all my travel needs.

I did not add any credit to my account so only used whatsapp.
Dec 6, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
PCalvin wrote: notifications work fine on my iphone :)
wait for say half hour without using the iphone, make sure you are not on wifi, only on the sim

try sending a msg over, it wont notify

also to make sure that there is no more credit in the sim

it should not notify because apple notification system seems not to be included in free list

The problem will be solve if there is a way to make the iphone whatsapp stays alive all the time..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5153 posts
1106 upvotes
I'm in Nicaragua and it works fine for chat which is all I need it for. Connects to Moviestar network automatically.
Dec 6, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
there is a workaround for iphone thou if your iphone is jailbroken

Install watchdog pro, enable stay alive for whatsapp only.

the notification still dont comes in but your iphone will make sound or vibrates + light up , when someone sends something

when someone calls, it will ring or vibrate but doesnt show who calls till you get back into the app.
Sep 13, 2012
21 posts
37 upvotes
clumzy wrote: Does it only work on T-mobile? Any other carriers supported?
You can use AT&T. Don't even bother with T-mobile. I think AT&T is the default now, just check for updates on your phone using the sim toolkit, the option is under sim applications for iphones.
May 12, 2014
222 posts
83 upvotes
Brampton, ON
BB88 wrote: Not 100% sure about Android, but it didn't work on iPhone for me. Someone explained about it on a previous post.
Whatsapp push notification works fine for android.
May 12, 2014
222 posts
83 upvotes
Brampton, ON
intx wrote: Do I need to keep a non-zero balance to use Whatsapp free?
Yes
Oct 7, 2011
110 posts
63 upvotes
Vancouver
harjinderkamboj wrote: Yes
Incorrect. You can use whatsapp free without a balance. I bought 2 and am using one with a $0 balance with whatsapp fine.
Also, that was a question from Nov on page 1 so I'm pretty sure its been answered already.
Aug 17, 2003
222 posts
38 upvotes
harjinderkamboj wrote: Yes
holyman007 wrote: Incorrect. You can use whatsapp free without a balance. I bought 2 and am using one with a $0 balance with whatsapp fine.
Also, that was a question from Nov on page 1 so I'm pretty sure its been answered already.
Agreed, I think it works better without a balance.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5207 posts
6187 upvotes
vro29 wrote: Agreed, I think it works better without a balance.
Without a balance, you won't get whatsapp notification on iPhone.
Though, balance will be used up pretty quickly because there is no reliable way to limit data usage by the OS.
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Aug 17, 2003
222 posts
38 upvotes
BB88 wrote: Without a balance, you won't get whatsapp notification on iPhone.
Though, balance will be used up pretty quickly because there is no reliable way to limit data usage by the OS.
Of course notifications work if you're using non-free data - was that in doubt? The point is to get *free* WhatsApp usage.

On Android you will get WhatsApp notifications without any credit in the account. This is the simplest way to get it working.

Also, you will still receive text messages even if you have a zero balance in your account.
Jun 28, 2015
6 posts
1 upvote
Richmond, BC
It works in Punta cana, we came back on 24 Dec. But some time it disconnects.
May 24, 2006
174 posts
28 upvotes
tabishz wrote: I am using LeTv 1s phone, even though it stays on wifi all the time, every day there' s $0.02 charge for some 100kb of data usage, after block "all" apps except whatsapp using AFWall+ (Rooted). Don't know what this unknown data usage is everyday.

I am thinking of changing the ROM..
I don't think you can fix the data leak.
Before AFWall+ started to applied the iptable rules, your phone OS is already up and many system and user APPs are already running, that is the APPs stealing your data.
If you can find a way, let AFWall+ started before all other apps, you could save a little bit data, but you still can't control OS leaking data.
Another way is disable data first and try enable data AFTER AFWall+ starts.
Jun 26, 2009
797 posts
371 upvotes
Calgary
mcron wrote: I don't think you can fix the data leak.
Before AFWall+ started to applied the iptable rules, your phone OS is already up and many system and user APPs are already running, that is the APPs stealing your data.
If you can find a way, let AFWall+ started before all other apps, you could save a little bit data, but you still can't control OS leaking data.
Another way is disable data first and try enable data AFTER AFWall+ starts.
Thanks for the tip, but i am not even rebooting the phone
phone just stays in standby or charge overnight.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)