Expired Hot Deals

KnowRoaming Global SIM Sticker

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2018 6:44 pm
Jul 11, 2007
329 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
a newbiw question.. so we have unlock phones with 7-11 speakout pre-paid service. there is no international roaming for speakout . let's say we are going to Mexico or US next week, i just need to buy knowroaming stick on sim, then we will have unlimited use to whatsup app while we are at US and Mexico?
i check the KnowRoaming site, and their regular SIM also comes with free usage on whatsup, and do i need credit in my acocunt to use whatsup,also anyone know how long will knowroam keep my SIM active with $5 or $0 credit ?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1434 upvotes
Richmond
gogozy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 2:58 pm
let's say we are going to Mexico or US next week, i just need to buy knowroaming stick on sim, then we will have unlimited use to whatsup app while we are at US and Mexico?
i check the KnowRoaming site, and their regular SIM also comes with free usage on whatsup, and do i need credit in my acocunt to use whatsup,also anyone know how long will knowroam keep my SIM active with $5 or $0 credit ?
These questions are all answered in more detail the other long thread, but in short:

With either the sticker or the KR SIM in place of your regular Speakout SIM you should be able to use Whatsapp for free while roaming in U.S. or Mexico, as long as your phones are unlocked. If you already have Whatsapp enabled on your phone with your existing phone number, you don't need to change it to use KR.

You do not need any credit in your KR account to use free Whatsapp roaming. If you have credit in your account, and you enable Mobile Data (required to use free Whatsapp), the credit will leak away quickly as Android unavoidably uses some background data beyond your control. But Whatsapp will keep working even when your credit drops back to $0.

Nobody can say how long KR will support this service, or how long they will keep accounts active. Nobody has reported an issue so far, but there can be no guarantees about the future.
Jul 19, 2015
438 posts
324 upvotes
London, ON
Thx OP, used this last weekend going over the border. I have a dual sim phone and didn't realize I had to have it in the data sim slot (idiot) so obviously it wasn't working at first till I realized my mistake and switched it over. Once in the right slot had to restart the phone and then it started to log in and all went smoothly. Used whatsapp with no issues to msg. First time using whatsapp too, at least it's free, not sure what the popularity of whatsapp is to all the other options on a different note, pretty basic. Pretty awesome service for those cross border shopping trips since whatsapp messaging is free after initial purchase of sim.
Jul 11, 2007
329 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
thanks OP, and thanks Faith24. i am reading the jumbo thread now ;)
Temp. Banned
Dec 16, 2016
270 posts
37 upvotes
Canada
KnowRoaming is now permitting the use of WhatsApp without incurring any associated data charges. WhatsApp usage will not deduct from your balance and will not appear in your Usage Section of the KnowRoaming App. The other cool thing is even if you run out of credit on your KnowRoaming account you will still be able to access and use WhatsApp.

What features do we offer for free within WhatsApp? Here's the breakdown:
- text and voice messaging
- file transfers (picture, video, etc)
- voice calls
- video calls

I hope that helps clarify how our Free WhatsApp Feature works!
Jul 11, 2007
329 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
thx, got the Moto 4E from US walmart few weeks ago, unlocked it with ebay code, insert speakout7-11 SIM, download whatsup, and activated. will test the Whatsup with KK SIM once it arrived. thanks!!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1892 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Faith24 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 3:12 pm
These questions are all answered in more detail the other long thread, but in short:

With either the sticker or the KR SIM in place of your regular Speakout SIM you should be able to use Whatsapp for free while roaming in U.S. or Mexico, as long as your phones are unlocked. If you already have Whatsapp enabled on your phone with your existing phone number, you don't need to change it to use KR.

You do not need any credit in your KR account to use free Whatsapp roaming. If you have credit in your account, and you enable Mobile Data (required to use free Whatsapp), the credit will leak away quickly as Android unavoidably uses some background data beyond your control. But Whatsapp will keep working even when your credit drops back to $0.

Nobody can say how long KR will support this service, or how long they will keep accounts active. Nobody has reported an issue so far, but there can be no guarantees about the future.
Basically the account will become 0 credits over time even if we only use whatsapp , how long will they let my account sit at 0 balance before closing my account....
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Apr 24, 2010
518 posts
134 upvotes
Canada
gogozy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 4:32 pm
thanks OP, and thanks Faith24. i am reading the jumbo thread now ;)
Don't need to read it, just buy one for each member of your family. You won't regret it especially if you travel out of the country even infrequently and you have a dual SIM card phone. It is a especially useful for all Freedom Mobile customers because of all the reception holes and small coverage areas.
Apr 24, 2010
518 posts
134 upvotes
Canada
Shu wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:02 pm
Basically the account will become 0 credits over time even if we only use whatsapp , how long will they let my account sit at 0 balance before closing my account....
My account never drop to $0, it has been kept at $1.33 for months even after I used it in Hong Kong for a few weeks recently. But the background apps did used up my referral credits in no time.
Nov 23, 2009
59 posts
11 upvotes
Newbie to KR and whatsapp. For using KR to make free whatsapp voice call, can I call local numbers (like people without whatsapp or any service numbers)?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1648 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Do they other data plans such as 10 days, 30 days? All I can find is the one day unlimited plan of 7.99. I need something closer to 30 days oversea, even 1 Gb will be sufficient as I need it for maps.
Feb 8, 2011
728 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
As mentioned earlier the point of this product is the free whatsapp regardless of credit balance and not the expensive data plans they have. You will get much better value using other SIM cards

Don't forget to click the Facebook and twitter buttons for the 5$ credit ( each)
The most important thing in any game should be the player. We have built a game for them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2010
1892 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
malbrax wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 2:30 pm
As mentioned earlier the point of this product is the free whatsapp regardless of credit balance and not the expensive data plans they have. You will get much better value using other SIM cards

Don't forget to click the Facebook and twitter buttons for the 5$ credit ( each)
Facebook and Twitter...does that mean the card comes with $10?
Zoomer Wireless [on Rogers Network] $36 - 400 Canada Wide Minutes + 2GB LTE data
Feb 8, 2011
728 posts
224 upvotes
Toronto
You have to click on the links on the order confirmation page , they send an email with the 5$ voucher that you can apply to your account
The most important thing in any game should be the player. We have built a game for them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BPhT-KI1E