Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
KnowRoaming

KnowRoaming - 30% off any Data plan & Products + Free shipping code

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 3rd, 2020 6:23 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA

KnowRoaming - 30% off any Data plan & Products + Free shipping code

Deal Link:
Savings:
30% off
Expiry:
March 8, 2020
Retailer:
KnowRoaming
Got an email from KnowRoaming and they are offing 30% off all their data plans and products.

I tested by adding data plans, the Europe package, and SIM cards. They all got the 30% off.

Promo Code: SOLO30
Free Shipping Code: BARRY18

Yes the codes stack!!!

Things to Note:

Credits are only valid for 9 months from date of purchase.
If the plan isnt used within the 9 months you will lose it.
Once purchased, you should receive data plan codes within 24hrs in your email.
Last edited by Akizuki on Mar 3rd, 2020 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
This thing really went down the drain, the freebie WhatsApp disappeared but the nail in the coffin was when Airalo came onto the roaming train with cheaper pricing/better convenience.

I give this a few more years, if that, to go bankrupt unless they change their business model.

Edit: typos
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Mar 3rd, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
DeltaSingh wrote: This thing really went down the drain, the freebie WhatsApp disappeared but the nail in the coffin was when Airalo came onto the roaming train with cheaper princing/better convenience.

I give this a few more years, if that, to go bankrupt unless they change their business model.
Airalo forces you to use an eSim and not all phones are compatible. That and having a SIM in my mobile Wifi is great as I dont use this in my cell phone.

To each their own.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
Akizuki wrote: Airalo forces you to use an eSim and not all phones are compatible. That and having a SIM in my mobile Wifi is great as I dont use this in my cell phone.

To each their own.
I get that, but if you're going to be messing with physical sim cards you're better off getting one in the destination country.

Random example for Europe regional plans
Airalo: $40 = 10GB (data only)
KnowRoaming: $40 = 5GB (data only)

That's a ridiculous difference. Plus, I have to buy the sim card from KnowRoaming prior (if I don't have esim) at which point it makes no sense.

Edit: Added example country
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
DeltaSingh wrote: I get that, but if you're going to be messing with physical sim cards you're better off getting one in the destination country.

Random example for Europe regional plans
Airalo: $40 = 10GB (data only)
KnowRoaming: $40 = 5GB (data only)

That's a ridiculous difference. Plus, I have to buy the sim card from KnowRoaming prior (if I don't have esim) at which point it makes no sense.

Edit: Added example country
Putting a new SIM in my mobile WiFi each time I visit a new country and then having to setup the APN settings every time is not very user friendly. With the knowroaming SIM, i set it up once and just buy plans and activate. No need to hunt for SIMS in another country.

I just turn it on, let it connect to the countries provider and Im good to go. No fiddling with SIM cards, no APN settings.
Oct 6, 2008
182 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
Any free shipping codes that will stack? $8 for shipping kills it for me.
Nov 12, 2012
781 posts
514 upvotes
Calgary
TheHoffer wrote: Any free shipping codes that will stack? $8 for shipping kills it for me.
I didn't even get that far yet. Pricing some options for a trip to the states at the end of the month, but yeah, $8 for shipping really puts the brakes on things.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
TheHoffer wrote: Any free shipping codes that will stack? $8 for shipping kills it for me.
BARRY18

I will update the thread.
Oct 6, 2008
182 posts
141 upvotes
Winnipeg
Akizuki wrote: BARRY18

I will update the thread.
That code only took off $4.99 of the $8 shipping
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
TheHoffer wrote: That code only took off $4.99 of the $8 shipping
Thats weird i got all the shipping taken off.

Jul 30, 2018
204 posts
220 upvotes
Knowroaming is useless af.

The data speeds throttle down to nothing almost immediately - I'm talking Google Maps with cached data doesn't even load bad. I have no idea how they're counting mb's but I sure as hell didn't do anything crazy at all either. Ended up paying for roaming on my own sim - not that it's a good deal, but KnowRoaming left me ****.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2731 posts
2375 upvotes
GTA
makingbaconpancakes wrote: Knowroaming is useless af.

The data speeds throttle down to nothing almost immediately - I'm talking Google Maps with cached data doesn't even load bad. I have no idea how they're counting mb's but I sure as hell didn't do anything crazy at all either. Ended up paying for roaming on my own sim - not that it's a good deal, but KnowRoaming left me ****.
I have had spotty coverage before, I talked to their live chat when coverage was better and they gave me back some credits for the day as they know when you activate and if you used any data or not. I just used the credits to buy another day of coverage.

I usually only buy 3 and 1 day packages as once you are back to the hotel or airbnb you have the residence WiFi.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
Code BARRY18 gives $4.99 discount, not free shipping.