Sports & Recreation

Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash ... Everyone On Board Dead

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2020 7:11 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 8, 2013
10205 posts
753 upvotes
koffey wrote: I know he has his own mamba basketball camp and what not, but I'll be honest, unless you can show me a list of stuff he has done, it's all about the fame game.
Kobe literally saved millions of people by just playing basketball and being an excellent role model.

You have kids in third world countries that would play basketball because of Kobe rather than do drugs and commit crimes or just not be prodructive.

Embiid and Demar are two that made it to the NBA. They said that they wouldnt be where they at without the influence of Kobe.

All these people that are playing basketball today. They know Kobe. They want to be like him at one point.

There is no price tag for that.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
kevindurant1 wrote: Kobe literally saved millions of people by just playing basketball and being an excellent role model.

You have kids in third world countries that would play basketball because of Kobe rather than do drugs and commit crimes or just not be prodructive.

Embiid and Demar are two that made it to the NBA. They said that they wouldnt be where they at without the influence of Kobe.

All these people that are playing basketball today. They know Kobe. They want to be like him at one point.

There is no price tag for that.
That is true and I agree, but it's from sport and fame, nothing more. I guess that mentality to some people is wrong. They think that because of a few donations here or there it's more than that.
Last edited by koffey on Jan 27th, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
8541 posts
2655 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: huh? you have a higher chance of dying in a car accident than flying
Well it depends how you drive. If you are a reckless driver then its true.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
How many charities are you the founder of, do you personally run and contribute to compared to Kobe Bryant?
Fact is he's done more charitable contributions and positive things in the world in a week than you or most people will
ever do in a lifetime.

https://www.essence.com/feature/kobe-br ... lanthropy/

He personally met with dying kids through Make a Wish Foundation requests over 100 times.

Also contributed the largest donation made to his high school's district.

[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 27th, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: quote removed
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13939 posts
5437 upvotes
kobe is not going to drive himself, he's gonna have a chauffeur
cgtlky wrote: Well it depends how you drive. If you are a reckless driver then its true.
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2614 posts
807 upvotes
Woodbridge
Tomorrow’s game with Clippers/Lakers has been postponed.

Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2015
1836 posts
279 upvotes
For the record only,

Last edited by cybercavalier on Jan 27th, 2020 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
Wow, entire family are some of the other victims... very very tragic. Everyone's death on there was tragic. Not sure all the "hero" talk is about... he was an amazing BBall player... in context he was good at putting a rubber ball through a friggin hoop man... ease up on the hero talk. His 13yr old daughter... my goodness as well... extremely tragic.

https://ca.yahoo.com/news/kobe-bryant-h ... 28169.html

very very tragic...

RIP all.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27438 posts
6807 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: Wow, entire family are some of the other victims... very very tragic. Everyone's death on there was tragic. Not sure all the "hero" talk is about... he was an amazing BBall player... in context he was good at putting a rubber ball through a friggin hoop man... ease up on the hero talk. His 13yr old daughter... my goodness as well... extremely tragic.

very very tragic...

RIP all.
I don't really understand this stance. Pro athletes aren't heroes to me by any means, but if they are to other people, or if people just want to use the term hero even if it's not meant literally, what's the harm? Why do people feel the need to tell others what they should and shouldn't feel?

If Kobe was a hero or role model to some, that's for them to decide, no one else gets to decide that for them.
Mar 19, 2007
309 posts
61 upvotes
Ottawa
RIP Kobe and the other 8 on the flight. Truly an awful tragedy.
He should be remembered as one of the top 2 most competitive, most driven basketball players ever. A true champion.
It truly seemed like getting charged with rape and settling in civil court changed who he was off the court into a better person for his family and those around him.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2007
1143 posts
86 upvotes
Rarely am I impacted by the death of a stranger or celebrity, but this just hit me on so many levels. I've been a lover of basketball since the early 90s as a pre-teen, and the game has meant everything to me. I did not know the man, nor did I like hero-ball style of play, but I always respected and admired his dedication, work ethic, intensity, and audacity to be the best at whatever he puts his mind on achieving. As a man, only two younger than him, who has lived an admittedly small life, I'm envious of all that he accomplished but as a basketball fan, grateful that I had a chance to witness his achievements on the court.

His impact on the sports and entertainment landscape was massive. He came of age just as the internet was gaining mainstream usage, and remained a fixture. He purposefully and tirelessly worked to become a legend. It's unbelievable that he's gone when he was beginning to do so much off the court.

Like all men, he had his failings, but for me, they are significantly overwhelmed by his contributions and impact. He made mistakes, but it appeared he grew from them.

On the Zach Lowe podcast, I heard that he was obsessed with the story of Achilles, who, as the story goes, was foretold that he was either to gain glory and die young or to live a long but uneventful life in obscurity. It's a poetic tragedy that destiny chose the former for Kobe.

RIP to Kobe, his daughter, and the others that perished in the crash.
Last edited by yucksta on Jan 28th, 2020 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1447 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
He was a good dude. Even better father.

Loved what he did on court, but i was more interested in watching him pass on his knowledge to his Daughter Gianna. She can ball! The similarities in their game is uncanny.

Just tragic that they both lost their lives this way along with the others on that helicopter.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1447 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
Shaner wrote:
If Kobe was a hero or role model to some, that's for them to decide, no one else gets to decide that for them.
Well said!
Aug 19, 2019
93 posts
35 upvotes
i'm still in shock, and i never thought i would feel this sadness over someone i've never met.

i keep imagining the final moment, when the heli makes contact with the mountainside and is descending, and i imagine Kobe turning to Gigi and holding onto her tight, and telling her it'll be ok ... staying calm and collected in typical mamba fashion, and maybe telling Gigi to say 'i love you' to mom for the blackbox recording. Telling her he loved her and was proud of her, and totally owning the moment.

i can't stop thinking about that, and it is just unfathomable. my heart aches for them, and everyone on board. Such a tragic loss of precious life.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2634 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: Wow, entire family are some of the other victims... very very tragic. Everyone's death on there was tragic. Not sure all the "hero" talk is about... he was an amazing BBall player... in context he was good at putting a rubber ball through a friggin hoop man... ease up on the hero talk. His 13yr old daughter... my goodness as well... extremely tragic.

very very tragic...

RIP all.
So you’re deciding for everyone else who can be a hero and who can’t? My daughter thinks I’m her hero. Are you going to tell her I’m not her hero because you don’t think so?

You know that saying, “Not all heroes wear capes?”
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)