• Aug 22nd, 2021 2:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
570 upvotes

Kodi stops after 6 songs played?

I have Firestick 4K attached to USB hub with power supply feed. In the USB hub I have Wireless keyboard atttached plus a usb flash drive Kingston DataTraveler DT50 USB 3.1.

Songs are on Kingston Flash Drive which are run by Kodi 19.1 on Firestick 4K. The casing of the flash drive does get hot to touch (metal). I am thinking, it could be overheating flash drive that causes it to stop after about 6 songs played or is it screensaver that kick in and on and off king of thing. If the firestick is idle no one touching it, it will stop automatically after 6 songs. It could also be some setting that I forgot to turn on or off in Firestick or Kodi.

I'll try VLC player and see how that goes.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
6 replies
May 29, 2004
519 posts
151 upvotes
i had issue with kodi 19.1 on my intel nuc 5i where i was doing library scanning and update. it causes the windows to reboot. I run many test and looking the cpu usage it goes 100% which is a bit crazy just for library scanning. I decide to stick with kodi 18.9 instead. kodi 19.1 has a lot of issue and it is not optimize with python 3. You can try switch to kodi 18.9 instead.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
570 upvotes
I could go back to 18.9, but as I see it, you have to keep up with updates in order for other addons to work properly.

I did try VLC player on firestick and it does appear to work properly without stopage, but I do have press few extra button on remote.

I haven't done add music, creating library sort of stuff on Kodi yet, maybe I have to do this. The thing is I want to play evrething off Kingston Flash Drive.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
6269 posts
6565 upvotes
GTA
I used to use the Kodi music channels provided in some repos years ago to stream music, probably 3-5 versions back. Not the exact same scenario as you, but I also found the music would consistently stop playing on its own after a given time, say a half hour to an hour. I always assumed the stream was cutting out, but I never figured it out. Looking back, I bet you're probably right in assuming there's a preset function making it cut out after a while.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
11483 posts
3878 upvotes
Winnipeg
I bet this has to do with android and hdmi hibernation kicks the program in android. I can run tvshows in shuffle all night long. But if I were transfering files only in android with no real change in hdmi signal it will hibernate. It kicks out to android menu in around +10 min or so since it thinks its idling. I think the issue is in android since its always running and there is no true off. There is only kill hdmi to save power. But killing hdmi signal in apps often kills the apps to save power as well. Its all about os software designed for battery and max savings.

Linux...never had an issue with it.

but try this
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346575
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
570 upvotes
lead wrote: I bet this has to do with android and hdmi hibernation kicks the program in android. I can run tvshows in shuffle all night long. But if I were transfering files only in android with no real change in hdmi signal it will hibernate. It kicks out to android menu in around +10 min or so since it thinks its idling. I think the issue is in android since its always running and there is no true off. There is only kill hdmi to save power. But killing hdmi signal in apps often kills the apps to save power as well. Its all about os software designed for battery and max savings.

Linux...never had an issue with it.

but try this
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346575
I'll try the screensaver option as suggested.

The trick I found is to put the album into Library with the third button on Firestick, then all song played after the 6th song too. So naturally I tried to put several album into Library but I think Kodi got overfull and kicked me out. I couldn't get back into kodi. So I went into applicatoion, manage app setting and tried to stop on Kodi, but that didn't work either. So I tried the other two option clear cache and something else. This time Kodi worked but my video apps on Kodi all disappeared. It's only one app that I am using, so I installed it back in.

The VLC player works but it too has some glitches if you too quick with pressing buttons.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2009
1819 posts
570 upvotes
Yup, it does work.

In Kodi you have to go into Interface by putting it in Expert mode, then Screensaver, Dim is inside here, from None mode put it to Dim and change the time to 60 min.

In Firestick there is also Screensaver adjustment by putting it in Display and Sound mode, there is Screensaver here, if any adjustment needs to be made but I left it as it is.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)