• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 9:53 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2015
1032 posts
958 upvotes
Oceanhouse wrote: is koho founded by a gang of girls lol. why are all the cards pink? waiting till they make other card colours to use instore.
Plastic ones I believe you can choose from 3 colours (see first post). But metal is only one, the ugliest one (no idea why)
Sep 10, 2017
122 posts
134 upvotes
From what I hear the metal cards are unavailable right now even if you were wanting to get one of these cards.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
yes these are pretty ugly colours, the ones they use for the virtual card are the best

one question.. can you just subscribe to premium for a month and then easily cancel it (for when you travel)?
Sep 10, 2017
122 posts
134 upvotes
markj wrote: yes these are pretty ugly colours, the ones they use for the virtual card are the best

one question.. can you just subscribe to premium for a month and then easily cancel it (for when you travel)?
I posed that exact question to the customer rep and the answer is yes. $9.00 per month and $84 ($7 monthly paid in advance) for the year. In short, if you are being reimbursed for an external ATM fee (Which no other FI does including Stack) then this would make sense. I also asked if you would still get the 2% CB in the categories on top of the 1.5% fx waiver on this account and the indication given would make me believe they would.

I would likely go with the monthly situation when traveling knowing at least half of the monthly fee would go towards the ATM fee anyways. It would pay for itself.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2016
1294 posts
684 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Interesting experience with koho. I used my card and it said a partial payment went through. Then i was able to pay the rest of it in cash. It was at an uncle fatih's pizza. I'm not sure if it always works like that.
Aug 29, 2007
489 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
I have received my card but can't activate it, I talked on phone and have been told me to send my picture ID and also taking picture with that. Is it a normal process?
Sep 10, 2017
122 posts
134 upvotes
sam_b_d wrote: I have received my card but can't activate it, I talked on phone and have been told me to send my picture ID and also taking picture with that. Is it a normal process?
Yes it is, even if you went with crypto.com, you would go through the same process. Rest assured I have been with Koho for years, not a problem, they are trustworthy. They are not always quick to respond it seems, but always polite when you do get a response. Typically I just call it in because I know I am guaranteed a faster response.
Dec 1, 2013
269 posts
356 upvotes
Does the virtual card generate a new number for you to use for each purchase?
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2015
1032 posts
958 upvotes
Already posted in prepaid thread. The metal cards are no longer offered. They were ugly anyway.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4205 posts
505 upvotes
Calgary
can anyone pay wise.com with this card? thx
6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
kocoman wrote: can anyone pay wise.com with this card? thx
Top-up Wise? Haven't tried. Fees typically outweigh the cashback, if any.

You can push CAD from Wise to Koho, though.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Sep 10, 2017
122 posts
134 upvotes
kocoman wrote: can anyone pay wise.com with this card? thx
Why would you? The fees to fund with a CC makes it useless. I would link and pay the $0.06 it requires for the initial $30.00 deposit from your bank account. Offset the $0.06 by linking it with PayPal and get the 2 micro deposits to offset and then fund externally into wise.com for free deposits.

I am not sure how much use out of it I will get but the fact of making burner cards for free is a nice touch. Even with the marginal conversion fee it seems desirable to use this especially when doing business online with those you don't have too much knowledge with. Pay them once and burn the card, works for me.
Nov 1, 2012
540 posts
300 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
I notice reloading KOHO is available via visa debit. Can I reload from my Scotiabank and get some scene+ points?

There is a daily transfer max of $1500 ($3 value in scene points, if eligible), but still worthwhile to visa debit to KOHO and billpay from KOHO?

Is there a better Visa debit return than Scotiabank out there?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
TheSimpsons1612 wrote: I notice reloading KOHO is available via visa debit. Can I reload from my Scotiabank and get some scene+ points?

There is a daily transfer max of $1500 ($3 value in scene points, if eligible), but still worthwhile to visa debit to KOHO and billpay from KOHO?

Is there a better Visa debit return than Scotiabank out there?
  1. yes you can
  2. Not worthwhile for most of us, but some ppl may think it's worth the effort
  3. No, there is no VISA debit that gives any rewards in Canada aside BNS. The closest alternative is BMO, but that's an MC debit
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Nov 1, 2012
540 posts
300 upvotes
NEW WESTMINSTER
titaniumtux wrote:
  1. yes you can
  2. Not worthwhile for most of us, but some ppl may think it's worth the effort
  3. No, there is no VISA debit that gives any rewards in Canada aside BNS. The closest alternative is BMO, but that's an MC debit
Thank you OP

Do you happen to have KOHO's MCC? I would like to contrast with the list of exclusions.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
TheSimpsons1612 wrote: Thank you OP

Do you happen to have KOHO's MCC? I would like to contrast with the list of exclusions.
No, haven't had any luck. Gonna guess financial services.
Mar 23, 2019
462 posts
290 upvotes
A friend of mine got his KOHO account closed by KOHO.

He still has about 3k in there and KOHO said the money will be e-transferred back to his bank account but would not give any specific date.

Reason KOHO closed his account may be he was churning too much. He would load his KOHO card through visa debit and was paying bills only.

At this point, is there any way to reinstate his KOHO account? Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2016
3273 posts
5843 upvotes
Toronto
dzgzpy wrote: A friend of mine got his KOHO account closed by KOHO.

He still has about 3k in there and KOHO said the money will be e-transferred back to his bank account but would not give any specific date.

Reason KOHO closed his account may be he was churning too much. He would load his KOHO card through visa debit and was paying bills only.

At this point, is there any way to reinstate his KOHO account? Thanks
How is this churning?

I was able to beg KOHO to reopen my account after very large crypto purchases.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2021
1051 posts
2256 upvotes
YYZ
LarryT778370 wrote: How is this churning?

I was able to beg KOHO to reopen my account after very large crypto purchases.
Counter DP (sort-of):

I wasn’t able to get my card reopened because KOHO claimed I was abusing their offer page by spending too much (spoiler: I wasn’t, I bought gift cards; a reasonable amount - mid 3 figures).

They also claimed I was doing too many transactions on the card; once again, not true, I used the 20 transactions as permitted from the Cardholder Agreement.

IMHO, KOHO sucks, poor customer service for the time Ive used them (even worse than Stack, Revolut, and maybe even PayPower*)

I even paid for their Premium card back then, and they refused to refund me my membership fee until I complained to People’s Trust.

I was able to immediately transfer my excess funds out, but they took back more than $50 in cashback, claiming I didn’t earn it legitimately…

*and we definitely know how crappy PP CS is.
I'm tired
Honk.
Dealings with RY, TD, BMO, BNS, CIBC, Tangerine, Simplii, AMEX, BofA, Chase, LB, and MBNA.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)