Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

$100 Koodo referral online | $200 for self referral

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2018 2:17 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1406 posts
750 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
wearysky wrote: The generally recommended method is to get the sim card, port your number over, and once you've confirmed that your port is complete, then complete the referral. You don't want to complete the referral with your temporary number and then do the port right after that, it really confuses their system. You will eventually still get the referral credit, but it's just easier to avoid having to contact support.
That's the plan. Thanks!
Oct 1, 2007
303 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: A breakdown for everyone....

Step 1: Get a Koodo referral link from a friend or family member who is a current Koodo customer and enter your name and email address. You will get a confirmation email with a link to complete Step 3. Or self refer with a new email address. Note: Google alternate email addresses no longer work.

Step 2: Activate a new Koodo account online. Remember, you’ll only get the $100 in bill credits if you activate online for a limited time! Referrals for activating in store is still only $25.

Step 3: Click on Provide Koodo Phone Number on the email they send you. If you are bringing an existing number from your old service provider, please wait until the number is fully functional with Koodo before you proceed.

Step 4: Both you and your referrer will get a $100 bill credit within 8-12 weeks.
Will the steps for self referral the same? Create a new line under the same account. Get the sim. Make sure the number is active. Then port over number.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
DollarSqueezer wrote: Will the steps for self referral the same? Create a new line under the same account. Get the sim. Make sure the number is active. Then port over number.
Yes, but make sure you use a different email address when signing up for the initial referral (different from the one currently attached to your Koodo account)
Oct 1, 2007
303 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
wearysky wrote: Yes, but make sure you use a different email address when signing up for the initial referral (different from the one currently attached to your Koodo account)
So, just want to make this clear.
Now I have emailed myself with the referral. Activate the referral in the new email.
Go into my account, add a new line. Pick the plan. Skip the add-on. Verifying the address.
I stopped here because I don't know what is the next step. I am afraid to go further.
What's next, pick a number, enter the number in the new email? Can I use the spare sim which I got from the essential phone? Or do I have to wait from the one they are sending me?
Thanks
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
DollarSqueezer wrote: So, just want to make this clear.
Now I have emailed myself with the referral. Activate the referral in the new email.
Go into my account, add a new line. Pick the plan. Skip the add-on. Verifying the address.
I stopped here because I don't know what is the next step. I am afraid to go further.
What's next, pick a number, enter the number in the new email? Can I use the spare sim which I got from the essential phone? Or do I have to wait from the one they are sending me?
Thanks
For the second line, use a different email address than the first line which should coincidentally be the account login. When you do the first step, enter your name and the new and different email address than the one used in the account login. Of course, use a legit email address that you will maintain access to, not a disposable email. You will be receiving emails to that account for the referral process.
Oct 1, 2007
303 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote: For the second line, use a different email address than the first line which should coincidentally be the account login. When you do the first step, enter your name and the new and different email address than the one used in the account login. Of course, use a legit email address that you will maintain access to, not a disposable email. You will be receiving emails to that account for the referral process.
I'm more confused now.
1) log in to my account (currently have an existing line)
2) add a new line
3) pick a plan, skip add on
4) put my name and select a number (because I am not putting over yet)
5) asked for payment, then submit order.

When do I enter the referral? Am I supposed to receive an email after submit?
Thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
DollarSqueezer wrote: I'm more confused now.
1) log in to my account (currently have an existing line)
2) add a new line
3) pick a plan, skip add on
4) put my name and select a number (because I am not putting over yet)
5) asked for payment, then submit order.

When do I enter the referral? Am I supposed to receive an email after submit?
Thanks
Have you created a refer a friend account? You can do so at referafriend.koodomobile.com. Make sure you do this with your primary account. Your primary account also needs to be activate to receive an activation text. After activating account, send yourself a referral using a different email address than your primary account. Accept referral invite from your secondary email address. Now log into self serve and add a line. Not sure if they will give you a new phone number for the new line or if you must wait until you get your SIM, but once you have your new number, check secondary email and follow steps in the referral email to complete referral.
Koodo: $60/10GB
Zoomer: $45 4GB LTE Loyalty Plan
OP of the Zoomer Wireless $36 2GB LTE Promo
Oct 1, 2007
303 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
rolomonster wrote: Have you created a refer a friend account? You can do so at referafriend.koodomobile.com. Make sure you do this with your primary account. Your primary account also needs to be activate to receive an activation text. After activating account, send yourself a referral using a different email address than your primary account. Accept referral invite from your secondary email address. Now log into self serve and add a line. Not sure if they will give you a new phone number for the new line or if you must wait until you get your SIM, but once you have your new number, check secondary email and follow steps in the referral email to complete referral.
So, my steps are correct. Once I get a new number, I would put the number into "Provide Koodo Phone Number" in the second email, right?
Jul 26, 2002
89 posts
43 upvotes
Montreal
Wireless Home activations are not eligible to participate in the referral program.
Disappointed But Relieved Face
#!s#!s
Nov 3, 2010
127 posts
125 upvotes
Can I buy a SIM card from koodo store/bestbuy and then activate it online? Or I have to get the SIM card online as well?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
Vancion wrote: Can I buy a SIM card from koodo store/bestbuy and then activate it online? Or I have to get the SIM card online as well?
Just figured out you must buy and order online. I have an additional SIM I tried to activate, but doesn't seem possible.
Sep 9, 2011
167 posts
72 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Can you get the $100 credit If you buy the Sim card at a kiosk and then activate it online? Thank in advance.
Sep 9, 2011
167 posts
72 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Is a prepaid plan eligible for the $100 credit?
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2016
1874 posts
1018 upvotes
danlin78 wrote: Can you get the $100 credit If you buy the Sim card at a kiosk and then activate it online? Thank in advance.
Not possible. Must buy and activate SIM online. I tried. Cannot just activate SIM online.
danlin78 wrote: Is a prepaid plan eligible for the $100 credit?
No.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP. Ordered sim online
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
rolomonster wrote: Not possible. Must buy and activate SIM online. I tried. Cannot just activate SIM online.
Anyone know the city Koodo will send the SIM card from?
If Koodo sends the SIM card by Canada Post, it will take 1 to 5 business day depending on how far are you from the Koodo shipping office.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
embguy wrote: Anyone know the city Koodo will send the SIM card from?
If Koodo sends the SIM card by Canada Post, it will take 1 to 5 business day depending on how far are you from the Koodo shipping office.
I know they shipped my phone order from the GTA, arrived next day. I'm assuming that sim orders come from the same facility, but not sure.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
wearysky wrote: I know they shipped my phone order from the GTA, arrived next day. I'm assuming that sim orders come from the same facility, but not sure.
Thanks.
It will be longer for the west coast unless Koodo sends the order by next day courier.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
rolomonster wrote: A breakdown for everyone....

Step 1: Get a Koodo referral link from a friend or family member who is a current Koodo customer and enter your name and email address. You will get a confirmation email with a link to complete Step 3. Or self refer with a new email address. Note: Google alternate email addresses no longer work.

Step 2: Activate a new Koodo account online. Remember, you’ll only get the $100 in bill credits if you activate online for a limited time! Referrals for activating in store is still only $25.

Step 3: Click on Provide Koodo Phone Number on the email they send you. If you are bringing an existing number from your old service provider, please wait until the number is fully functional with Koodo before you proceed.

Step 4: Both you and your referrer will get a $100 bill credit within 8-12 weeks.

Google Alternate address doesn't work?

I'm already a customer with their home phone plan. I told one of my friend to send me a new referal link using my @googlemail.com address. This doesn't work too? I always can use a @outlook.com address.

Are they tracking only email address or customer name/address to find current custome?
Mar 5, 2018
124 posts
75 upvotes
Ottawa
rolomonster wrote: Not possible. Must buy and activate SIM online. I tried. Cannot just activate SIM online.
So my PM cycle renews on the 8th. Could I not order the sim and go thru the process of selecting the plan. Then instead of waiting for the sim to arrived - I go to a koodo kiosk and buy another sim and activate with that sim card?