Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

$100 - LG G7 ONE on Tab Large

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2018 3:58 pm
Jan 19, 2008
498 posts
332 upvotes
It has NFC.

Reasons to buy this phone.

Has a headphone jack
Has a Micro SD card slot
Runs Android one
Has a notch but uses the area beside the notch as a second screen.

Here is a good review:

Oct 13, 2018
265 posts
311 upvotes
isgaard wrote: Stock android is highly overrated and unnecessary. Stock android fanboys are as bad as apple only fanboys.

WTF is stock android anyways? The google experience? android 4.0 ice cream sandwich? Or the latest android OS?

There's so many flavours out there today no one has to be stuck on plain boring "stock".
Stock is the experience completely controlled by Google. It gets timely updates for at least 2 or 3 years depending on the manufacturer. It's basically the iPhone experience but for Android.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
mackdaddy wrote: Does anyone know if the koodoo cancel/ pay off tab process still works? Will I have to pay back the 'activation credits' if i port to prepaid SIM to cancel? How soon after activation can I cancel?

Thx thx
Koodo made it more expensive, because you have to pay more up front, like the activation fee. Usually the activation credits are in $15 a month chunks, so if you cancel early, you are not going to get all the credit. If you get a credit from a dealer, like points or a credit card, and you stick with Koodo for 90 days, you will not be blacklisted when you want to churn another phone later on. It is better fleece the sheep as opposed to skinning it.
Jul 25, 2010
482 posts
187 upvotes
On my self serve, the offer available now (YMMV) is:

$0 for LARGE TAB ($20 x 24 months) with 199 in bill credits (final cost ~280?) - pretty good.

Would this be better (LG G7 ONE for 280) than the Huawei P20 offer? (P20 for 260, because it's 0 down for medium tab for 24 months with 100 in bill credits)
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
redflagdealsguy wrote: Stepped away from the G5 and it's constant headaches after two generations. Boot loops and terrible GPS and build quality issues.

Went Samsung and never looked.

God bless.
Folks, consider my comment above when you consider the G7. A moment's pause may save you a year of headaches.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1158 posts
1336 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Were there any LG's without bootloops? I had the Nexus 5X or 6P or something and it had so many issues. When I sent it in they said it got wet inside. Apparently putting a phone in your bra is enough moisture to cause it to void the warranty.
Sep 20, 2003
669 posts
280 upvotes
Burnaby
redflagdealsguy wrote: Folks, consider my comment above when you consider the G7. A moment's pause may save you a year of headaches.
well with that logic shouldn't you b concerned about exploding batteries...
Jan 13, 2017
456 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
The original G7 was tab Large $0 down last month from Koodo. The G7 one is basically a downgrade but cost more?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
mc hammer wrote: well with that logic shouldn't you b concerned about exploding batteries...
Yep that’s why you get an Apple device where you can’t ever charge the battery anyway.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1752 posts
742 upvotes
Windsor
I had all LG Devices from G3 till G6 and never had any issues with them .. so for boot loop issue i would say what was percentage of users impacted ?
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2987 posts
2369 upvotes
Fredericton
vicktnguyen wrote: The original G7 was tab Large $0 down last month from Koodo. The G7 one is basically a downgrade but cost more?
Correct!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
taurus25 wrote: I had all LG Devices from G3 till G6 and never had any issues with them .. so for boot loop issue i would say what was percentage of users impacted ?
My LG G4 was doing okay until I put it in the washing machine, but the fingerprint scanner on my LG G5 stopped working about a year after I got it, and the GPS has random issues. I'm not really a big fan of LG quality for phones but they seem to usually offer the best bang for the bucks.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1752 posts
742 upvotes
Windsor
willy0275 wrote: My LG G4 was doing okay until I put it in the washing machine, but the fingerprint scanner on my LG G5 stopped working about a year after I got it, and the GPS has random issues. I'm not really a big fan of LG quality for phones but they seem to usually offer the best bang for the bucks.
Agreed on second part.. I usually never pay full price for any phone n considering for LG that i get it discounted or on deal every time .. n never had issue so in today's world its best bang for buck for me it even beats one plus
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
taurus25 wrote: Agreed on second part.. I usually never pay full price for any phone n considering for LG that i get it discounted or on deal every time .. n never had issue so in today's world its best bang for buck for me it even beats one plus
As long as you're lucky with the LG brand, can't really blame you for being a loyal customer Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
Feb 23, 2017
47 posts
36 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
I'm now seeing $200 on medium tab (24 x $15), less $100 in bill credits so $460 all together. A little warmer but hoping for a better deal for BF
Aug 27, 2018
100 posts
136 upvotes
Edmonton
bridonca wrote: Koodo made it more expensive, because you have to pay more up front, like the activation fee. Usually the activation credits are in $15 a month chunks, so if you cancel early, you are not going to get all the credit. If you get a credit from a dealer, like points or a credit card, and you stick with Koodo for 90 days, you will not be blacklisted when you want to churn another phone later on. It is better fleece the sheep as opposed to skinning it.
So you are saying that activation credits will have to be payed back now? WTF?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
GimeeDatPhone wrote: So you are saying that activation credits will have to be payed back now? WTF?
No, it is that if you cancel within a year, you will not get the full activation credit. If you have $180 activation credit for Koodo, Koodo will take $15 each month off your bill. If you cancel after a year, you get the full activation bonus, you cancel after 3 month, you will only get $45 of the $180 as a credit.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
bridonca wrote: No, it is that if you cancel within a year, you will not get the full activation credit. If you have $180 activation credit for Koodo, Koodo will take $15 each month off your bill. If you cancel after a year, you get the full activation bonus, you cancel after 3 month, you will only get $45 of the $180 as a credit.
In the past the activation credit was applied right away to the upfront cost. The bill credits would be applied over the course of 6 to 12 months. Has this changed?
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2012
1752 posts
742 upvotes
Windsor
Oatmeal wrote: In the past the activation credit was applied right away to the upfront cost. The bill credits would be applied over the course of 6 to 12 months. Has this changed?
No, the poster above have wrong information or I guess new to koodo
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
4018 posts
2517 upvotes
Halifax
Oatmeal wrote: In the past the activation credit was applied right away to the upfront cost. The bill credits would be applied over the course of 6 to 12 months. Has this changed?
There is a very good chance I confused the terms. I activated a Koodo contract in the beginning of September. I got a LG G6, with $300 in credit from Lobaws Mobile shop. From Koodo, I got a $35 unlimited Canada wide 5 GB plan, with the phone on $360 medium tab. Also from Koodo, I got $180 of activation credit, which will pay off the tab for the first year.

While still a decent deal, it is worse than previous Koodo promotions. There is a $30 activation fee, I could not pay off the phone at The Mobile Shop, so I was not able to take advantage of the Loblaws tax free sale, nor was I able to use my points, which I was able to do before.

As for my 2 months experience with Koodo, I have had to contact the CCTS twice, because both my bills were wrong, and there was no way to reach anyone at Koodo. Koodo does not like that BTW, hopefully enough not to mess up my bill a 3rd time! Koodo provided me with a special phone number to call before I contact CCTS. I would hope I do not have to use it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)