Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

10GB/$50 - Lunar New Year Plans

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2021 12:50 pm
Apr 10, 2020
290 posts
1075 upvotes
wetpaint wrote: I seriously think Telus is trying to kill Koodo.

I have three lines with Koodo for our small business and Telus never stops trying to get us to switch.

Koodo keeps getting more and more uncompetitive.

Why would someone choose Koodo at this point when they’re offering 4G with less data and now province only calling.

They claim they are offering their customers more choice by taking away Canada wide calling yet the price stays the same.

At this point, there are simply better deals elsewhere.
I think they are making their plans less appealing to push more people to Telus. By downgrading to province-wide calling and Canada-wide texting, Telus seems like "a better deal", since they offer Canada-wide calling.

The only reason why I'm using Koodo is because I find their signal and coverage much better than Fido. Otherwise, Fido has way better deals. Even Virgin is providing the same winback offer to get their customers back, yet Koodo can't do the same.

At this point, I'm really considering moving to Fido. I might even think about Virgin, despite numerous complaints about their poor customer service.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3450 posts
6276 upvotes
GeneralStore wrote: I think they are making their plans less appealing to push more people to Telus. By downgrading to province-wide calling and Canada-wide texting, Telus seems like "a better deal", since they offer Canada-wide calling.

The only reason why I'm using Koodo is because I find their signal and coverage much better than Fido. Otherwise, Fido has way better deals. Even Virgin is providing the same winback offer to get their customers back, yet Koodo can't do the same.

At this point, I'm really considering moving to Fido. I might even think about Virgin, despite numerous complaints about their poor customer service.
We got an email at work saying it was to give the customers a "choice".
It was the same when they raised the data overage rates from $10/GB to $100/GB. "It's to make sure the customer gets the right plan"
They always come up with some garbage
I wish the CRTC would actually step in for once. Charging customers $130/GB ($13/100mb as of today) for overages should be illegal
Public Mobile customer
Dec 4, 2013
685 posts
297 upvotes
Mississauga
Hang on to your babies ( migration plans, EPP) and never let go.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
10857 posts
6119 upvotes
Paris
cricketfan wrote: Hang on to your babies ( migration plans, EPP) and never let go.
Next step will be they take those.
Dec 7, 2020
300 posts
140 upvotes
caltran wrote: Ouch. That one actually really hurts.
I don't really care what they are doing. It's their business. I just felt bad for them. I'm currently with Rogers on their winback 25gb 45 plan
Feb 29, 2012
474 posts
170 upvotes
actng wrote: they forced me from telus to koodo not even 2 yrs ago with the $60/10GB circus
The funny thing is that isn't even a competitive plan anymore as per this thread
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
16516 posts
2930 upvotes
GTA
reachedlegendary1 wrote: The funny thing is that isn't even a competitive plan anymore as per this thread
well yea 2 yrs is a long time
and now they want me to go back to telus??? for an even less competitive plan???
Apr 9, 2008
532 posts
223 upvotes
Bby
The vast majority of customers don't use international texting and calling and do not see the value in it. Those who do can pay for it or get a special plan.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1376 posts
596 upvotes
Canada
cricketfan wrote: Hang on to your babies ( migration plans, EPP) and never let go.
Jerico wrote: Next step will be they take those.
Price increases reported here in 2019 has already come back now.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2247 posts
1504 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
liquidnails wrote: The vast majority of customers don't use international texting and calling and do not see the value in it. Those who do can pay for it or get a special plan.
This only benefits the "customers" if the base price actually lowers, but that doesn't happen.