Expired Hot Deals

Koodo

10GB add-on for $15 (Targeted, YMMV)

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 5:43 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1149 posts
489 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Anyone see the 25 dollar plan on their account? Some people seem to have it, and others were saying it was coming, but I have yet to see it on my account.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1426 posts
1703 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: Anyone see the 25 dollar plan on their account? Some people seem to have it, and others were saying it was coming, but I have yet to see it on my account.
A couple pages back a user said they had a friend who works at Koodo and got a memo that the plan was coming back. I have yet to see it on my account, but since I just changed my plan to the $35 plan I wouldn't be able to change again until next billing cycle. Then again, my new cycle does start in 4 days... :)
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1149 posts
489 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Majokito wrote: A couple pages back a user said they had a friend who works at Koodo and got a memo that the plan was coming back. I have yet to see it on my account, but since I just changed my plan to the $35 plan I wouldn't be able to change again until next billing cycle. Then again, my new cycle does start in 4 days... :)
Thanks, my offer is good until april 29th. I'll wait and see. Currently have the $40\6gb plan, and don't really need 16 gigs for 50, not a heavy user, but if I could get 10 gigs for 40 I'd be all over that. Just a waiting game at this point.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1426 posts
1703 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: Thanks, my offer is good until april 29th. I'll wait and see. Currently have the $40\6gb plan, and don't really need 16 gigs for 50, not a heavy user, but if I could get 10 gigs for 40 I'd be all over that. Just a waiting game at this point.
Yeah, why not change from $40/6gb to $40/10gb. :)

Just the one note, the $25 plan probably won't be tab eligible, while the $35 plan is. If that matters to you.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 4, 2008
2187 posts
410 upvotes
Just to confirm, I assume an EPP discount (mine is 20%) applies to the add on as well?

Also, I'd be able to remove this addon at any time? I feel that the addon would be great when life goes back to normal, but quite useless now. I'm thinking long term with this.

Thanks.
Member
Nov 18, 2011
237 posts
74 upvotes
EDMONTON
enhanced wrote: Just to confirm, I assume an EPP discount (mine is 20%) applies to the add on as well?

Also, I'd be able to remove this addon at any time? I feel that the addon would be great when life goes back to normal, but quite useless now. I'm thinking long term with this.

Thanks.

How so you get the epp? Can I sign up thru telus?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1149 posts
489 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
enhanced wrote: Just to confirm, I assume an EPP discount (mine is 20%) applies to the add on as well?

Also, I'd be able to remove this addon at any time? I feel that the addon would be great when life goes back to normal, but quite useless now. I'm thinking long term with this.

Thanks.
Wait, how do you get an epp discount with Koodo....
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1426 posts
1703 upvotes
enhanced wrote: Just to confirm, I assume an EPP discount (mine is 20%) applies to the add on as well?

Also, I'd be able to remove this addon at any time? I feel that the addon would be great when life goes back to normal, but quite useless now. I'm thinking long term with this.

Thanks.
I would assume the same with the EPP. At least that's the case when I was with Telus.

Add-ons can be removed in Self Server under the Manage Add-ons page.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1426 posts
1703 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: Wait, how do you get an epp discount with Koodo....
Same way as with any other EPP. Your workplace has to have an agreement with them.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1426 posts
1703 upvotes
cwangs wrote: How so you get the epp? Can I sign up thru telus?
You'd have to sign up for a Telus EPP through Telus. It's only if your workplace has an agreement with them though. Contact your HR department (or whoever manages these) to find out.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1149 posts
489 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Majokito wrote: Same way as with any other EPP. Your workplace has to have an agreement with them.
I had no idea Koodo does that. I'll have to look into it.
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2017
549 posts
544 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: I had no idea Koodo does that. I'll have to look into it.
I know for our Koodo EPP, we had to go to the Mobile Shop (Any, but I went to the one in my RCSS), you get a form from them, fill it out (With your managers sign-off, and a recent paystub), and email it into Koodo's EPP department. I assume it may be different with different companies, but that's for Loblaw employees...
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
60 posts
11 upvotes
Kingston, ON
I tried to get this deal via Koodo Facebook chat. They told me only these two offers are available in their system: lol

$55 for 8GB Canada unlimited talk/text caller ID vm etc
$60 for 10GB...

611 is impossible to get through. I'm pretty content with the $55 8GB plan... Pretty jealous of how some others are paying below $50 for 10GBs and beyond!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6055 posts
1871 upvotes
Mississauga
optikal wrote: I tried to get this deal via Koodo Facebook chat. They told me only these two offers are available in their system: lol

$55 for 8GB Canada unlimited talk/text caller ID vm etc
$60 for 10GB...

611 is impossible to get through. I'm pretty content with the $55 8GB plan... Pretty jealous of how some others are paying below $50 for 10GBs and beyond!
if you ever get the text of 10gb for $15 in the future, always accept it.... then when promo plans of $25 come up (unlimited talk and text)... that's when you change your plan... so you will end up with 10gb for $40
Sr. Member
Dec 4, 2013
722 posts
309 upvotes
Mississauga
Ducky wrote: if you ever get the text of 10gb for $15 in the future, always accept it.... then when promo plans of $25 come up (unlimited talk and text)... that's when you change your plan... so you will end up with 10gb for $40
But if that 25$ comes in x months. He'll be paying 15x for data he hardly use.
Newbie
User avatar
Nov 7, 2013
60 posts
11 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Always good to keep an eye out for deals, I had the Super 6GBs from 2012 up until last month for $54 ($60 minus tab discount 10%) Upgraded my phone and switched to $50 5GB and now $55 8GBs so I'm happy with a new phone and 2GB more for $1/month. Of course we all want 15GB for $39 lol

My data usage varies depending on travelling etc, I'll get my monies worth! Haha
cricketfan wrote: But if that 25$ comes in x months. He'll be paying 15x for data he hardly use.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
6055 posts
1871 upvotes
Mississauga
cricketfan wrote: But if that 25$ comes in x months. He'll be paying 15x for data he hardly use.
i look at it from a long term aspect...lol

or for time being... get the $35 one..
Sr. Member
Apr 13, 2016
541 posts
353 upvotes
has anyone done this for the $30/1GB BYOD plan?

seems like $45/11GB is a pretty good deal for those that want that
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2014
1149 posts
489 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
redflag0 wrote: has anyone done this for the $30/1GB BYOD plan?

seems like $45/11GB is a pretty good deal for those that want that
There's no minutes included in that plan correct?
Sr. Member
Apr 13, 2016
541 posts
353 upvotes
ahumanbeing wrote: There's no minutes included in that plan correct?
I completely missed that, have never seen a plan include 0 minutes before

I presume you could use VOIP apps, but I wouldn't do it - had over 1000+ minutes in calls in the last few months

though VOIP apps have become more reliable for me after iOS integrated the call UI

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)