Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] 10GB add-on for $15 (Targeted, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2020 5:43 pm
Tags:
May 25, 2015
93 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
Just to add for eligibility purposes, my account has around 5GB out of the 8GB used with around 3 days left in the monthly cycle. I usually use around 75% of my data.
Koodo $50/12GB - 25% EPP = $37.50/12GB
Dec 24, 2006
411 posts
160 upvotes
Sanforized wrote: Got this promo finally. To summarize what all the threads in the past have said about this, there is a chance that you will lose the ability to use the data add-on if you change your plan. So to mitigate this, you want to change the plan first and then reply to the text offer:
1) Call Koodo to downgrade your plan or do it through Self Serve. It has to be one with Pay-For-Use Data or else the add-on won't work.
2) Wait 20 minutes and then reply to the text offer to add your 4GB/$10 or 10GB/$15.

Pictures attached of my offer and rate plan. I got loyalty to add a $30 unlimited Canada-wide talk and text plan with Pay-Per-Use data. Then proceeded to reply to the text for the additional 10GB/$15 and I end up with $45/10GB data and unlimited talk and text. Good luck!
Last year's thread for this promotion indicated Koodo had closed the loophole by only allowing plans with data to apply the 10GB add-on offer. Can anyone else confirmed that they changed it?
Dec 22, 2017
343 posts
569 upvotes
For many of us here, once we change from our loyalty plans, we cannot go back.
If we were to change out of our loyalty plans to an in-market cheaper plan and the data add-on does not work, couldn't we be stuck in a situation where you are out of your loyalty plan and the data add on does not even work?

Sounds a bit risky, just saying.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
3561 posts
653 upvotes
Kingston
Sanforized wrote: Got this promo finally. To summarize what all the threads in the past have said about this, there is a chance that you will lose the ability to use the data add-on if you change your plan. So to mitigate this, you want to change the plan first and then reply to the text offer:
1) Call Koodo to downgrade your plan or do it through Self Serve. It has to be one with Pay-For-Use Data or else the add-on won't work.
2) Wait 20 minutes and then reply to the text offer to add your 4GB/$10 or 10GB/$15.

Pictures attached of my offer and rate plan. I got loyalty to add a $30 unlimited Canada-wide talk and text plan with Pay-Per-Use data. Then proceeded to reply to the text for the additional 10GB/$15 and I end up with $45/10GB data and unlimited talk and text. Good luck!
Is this available to new customers or is there something for new customers? I am with VM and looking at my options
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1156 posts
919 upvotes
Vancouver
Koodo: Sorry, it doesn't look like you're eligible for this offer at the moment. We'll be sure to keep you in mind for future deals!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21215 posts
2511 upvotes
Toronto
dicecube wrote: Koodo: Sorry, it doesn't look like you're eligible for this offer at the moment. We'll be sure to keep you in mind for future deals!
same - my dad is on the $40/6Gb plan and rarely uses enough GBs - thought it might be good to get the data add-on and downgrade to the $25 talk n text plan...

But looks like he isn't eligible and the $25 talk n text plan is gone anyways...

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
Jul 13, 2008
19820 posts
4399 upvotes
GTA
kcorscadden wrote: Is this available to new customers or is there something for new customers? I am with VM and looking at my options
This is only for current customers that get a text from Koodo with the add-on offer. There seems to be a theory about them sending the offer to people who use a minimal amount of their monthly allotment of data or come close to using it all up.
May 25, 2015
93 posts
117 upvotes
Vancouver
GeneralAkbar wrote: For many of us here, once we change from our loyalty plans, we cannot go back.
If we were to change out of our loyalty plans to an in-market cheaper plan and the data add-on does not work, couldn't we be stuck in a situation where you are out of your loyalty plan and the data add on does not even work?

Sounds a bit risky, just saying.
I suppose it depends on the plan and the person. Being on the $50/8GB plan, and usually using 5-6GB out of the 8GB, it wouldn't be the end of the world for me to take a jump at the $35 talk/text plan and try to add the add-on that was offered, when I can fall back on the in-market $50/5GB plan. Risking the loss of 3GB to gain 2GB isn't a terrible risk for me.

With that being said, I'd prefer to wait to hear what others have to say about what they know or what their experiences have been.
Koodo $50/12GB - 25% EPP = $37.50/12GB
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4331 posts
5799 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
brownbobcat wrote: Last year's thread for this promotion indicated Koodo had closed the loophole by only allowing plans with data to apply the 10GB add-on offer. Can anyone else confirmed that they changed it?
Hmm. Can you get the add-on first and then sign up for the talk and text plan?

I reluctant to pay off my $90 tab because they waive it sometimes.
Dec 24, 2006
411 posts
160 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Hmm. Can you get the add-on first and then sign up for the talk and text plan?
Supposedly they will remove add-ons if the plan is changed.
Jun 21, 2011
984 posts
162 upvotes
YYZ
Nothing for me. I'm on the 60 12gb plan with epp lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5731 posts
1526 upvotes
Mississauga
lunear wrote: I got this too and added the 10GB for $15 to my $40/6GB plan. But Koodo has no $25 with unlimited talk and msg plan any more. Otherwise it would be great to have 10GB and unlimited talk and msg for $15+$25=$40.
good things come to ppl who wait.... wait for the next $25 promo... take the addon for now...
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13230 posts
2578 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
I thought it was free. Then read the title. A hard PASS. Next. :facepalm:
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9732 posts
4535 upvotes
Not eligible for this one, FeelsBadMan
Telus $45 25GB
Jul 2, 2018
66 posts
45 upvotes
If you take the addon now and wait for the 25 promo, doesnt it get taken off from your account when you downgrade?

---------------

I have received this promo and I am contemplating on getting it. Any idea on how to reach call center? I called twice and all I get are pre recorded messages to use self serve.