Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] 15GB for $60 // 8GB for $50 Retention Offers + $5 credit for 6 months [YMMV]

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2019 1:36 pm
[OP]
Jun 1, 2016
759 posts
657 upvotes

[Koodo] 15GB for $60 // 8GB for $50 Retention Offers + $5 credit for 6 months [YMMV]

Got off the phone with Koodo this morning.

I previously had the $49 8GB plan + 1GB bonus + $10 monthly credit = $39 for 9GB plan

The $10 monthly credit expired so I called again. They couldn't offer that currently (the rep said call back mid-October) but gave me a $5 credit for the next six months. Something is better than nothing.

I also ended up switching to the 8GB for $50 instead of the 8GB for $49 because it removed the "for QC residents only" stipulation which in theory should prevent them from playing that card (they have tried that on me before during negotiation).

The rep also offered me 15GB for $60, but I don't use that much data.

Be aware of the following:
  • The rep believed that the 8GB for $50 plan was eligible for any size tab (one of the other reasons I switched). It is NOT. It is ONLY eligible for up to tab medium. I did not inquire about the 15GB for $60 plan tab eligibilities.
  • I am NOT in QC. My phone number is QC, my billing address is ON and I live in BC. What that means in terms of getting this deal, I have no idea. The 8GB for $50 plan I got says nothing about QC requirements but it may be offered only to QC plan holders.
  • I have been a Koodo customer for many years, I have only one line currently.
  • The expiry date of September 30th is only a guess. The rep said they have better offers usually in October, so I figured this may only be for the remainder of this month.
Images
  • Annotation 2019-09-10 153923.png
$40 Phone Plan:
  • Unlimited Data (25gb LTE)
  • Unlimited Talk / Text
  • Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
22 replies
Jun 16, 2007
778 posts
213 upvotes
I really wish RFD would separate these outlandish YMMV deals into its own sub.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1188 posts
629 upvotes
My conversation with loyalty yesterday:

- $55/9GB is a Quebec/loyalty plan
- He can offer the following bill credits (12 month): $5/month Tab S, $10/month Tab M, $15/month Tab L
- I have a negative tab tab balance, and he offered a $100 reduction on the tab balance
- $100 upgrade credit if in store, $125 online

I pressed on for a very, very long time asking if they could do a different plan (similar to $55/9GB) or if I could be offered a larger discount, and they could not.

I do know there was a S10 promo that just ended this morning, so, it's entirely possible they just got new offers today...
Mar 13, 2012
870 posts
431 upvotes
Near You
Hot iff you can do as a new activation/port-in. YMMV otherwise.
💳✈️🌍 American Express Platinum+Gold+Cobalt (Free First-Class Travel) • Rogers WE • STACK
💰 HSBC PremierTangerineEQ BankMotive
📞 Freedom 13GB/45$ • Google Fi 📱 🖥️ Novus 1GIG/60$
Aug 30, 2019
147 posts
45 upvotes
What does ymmv stands for ? New here
walmart is new amazon
Jan 18, 2005
129 posts
31 upvotes
Meh, the last time I tried to get any sort of retention discount from Koodo I was told flat out no even when I threatened to cancel.

Not a bluff. Went with the 8GB+2GB USA deal from Public for $60 instead. Now I only have one phone left on Koodo.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2777 posts
497 upvotes
Ajax
Don't want to hear these plans only for Quebec
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1188 posts
629 upvotes
Called loyalty and.. yeah. He confirmed $50/8GB + $60 ($65?) 15GB are Quebec loyalty plans, not in market. Perhaps he's dicking me around but, I pressed for the point for quite a while (even put me on hold to confirm with supervisor) and said it was a Quebec plan.

Not sure how you're getting the $5/mo credit but also confirmed terms for bill credits are typically for upgrades/new activation. I have the $10/mo x 12months credit applied to my account and he flat out refused to apply it to my account (or was not able to apply it) until I got an upgrade (which I want to do, but probably waiting until black friday/etc.). He also confirmed there's no stipulation on this credit requiring an in market plan.

tl;dr - not even sure if this is YMMV since you must have a QC / Ottawa area code in order to be eligible for the plan.
Apr 10, 2017
811 posts
269 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 6:40 pm
Got off the phone with Koodo this morning.

I previously had the $49 8GB plan + 1GB bonus + $10 monthly credit = $39 for 9GB plan

The $10 monthly credit expired so I called again. They couldn't offer that currently (the rep said call back mid-October) but gave me a $5 credit for the next six months. Something is better than nothing.

I also ended up switching to the 8GB for $50 instead of the 8GB for $49 because it removed the "for QC residents only" stipulation which in theory should prevent them from playing that card (they have tried that on me before during negotiation).

The rep also offered me 15GB for $60, but I don't use that much data.

Be aware of the following:
  • The rep believed that the 8GB for $50 plan was eligible for any size tab (one of the other reasons I switched). It is NOT. It is ONLY eligible for up to tab medium. I did not inquire about the 15GB for $60 plan tab eligibilities.
  • I am NOT in QC. My phone number is QC, my billing address is ON and I live in BC. What that means in terms of getting this deal, I have no idea. The 8GB for $50 plan I got says nothing about QC requirements but it may be offered only to QC plan holders.
  • I have been a Koodo customer for many years, I have only one line currently.
  • The expiry date of September 30th is only a guess. The rep said they have better offers usually in October, so I figured this may only be for the remainder of this month.

Can I just say that I Fn hate you for having 9GB for $40?

I was with my $55/8GB for 2yrs

#(#-@-@+";!#(#!!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8207 posts
3337 upvotes
Markham
Furtive wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 7:05 pm
I really wish RFD would separate these outlandish YMMV deals into its own sub.
Maybe it's about time Koodo got their own retentions thread like Rogers and Fido in the Ongoing Deals section.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4896 posts
811 upvotes
So since I got F&F discount from Freedom Mobile plan ($45/m for 12GB) & free phone (as long as I stay the whole 2 yrs), I called Koodo to cancel (2 yr Koodo member, previously had 2 lines with them but currently only 1). Rep did not even make an effort to give me any deal at all (currently on $75/15GB plan, told them I wanted a cheaper plan, even if it meant less data but important to lower my monthly bill).
I am a Koodo customer
Oct 23, 2018
264 posts
145 upvotes
Although i am a loyal customer still of koodo, now i am open to migrate to Virgin orneven Freedom. That changes they made really sucks. I am just waiting for good deals on BF.