[Koodo] 15GB for $60 // 8GB for $50 Retention Offers + $5 credit for 6 months [YMMV]
- September 30, 2019
I previously had the $49 8GB plan + 1GB bonus + $10 monthly credit = $39 for 9GB plan
The $10 monthly credit expired so I called again. They couldn't offer that currently (the rep said call back mid-October) but gave me a $5 credit for the next six months. Something is better than nothing.
I also ended up switching to the 8GB for $50 instead of the 8GB for $49 because it removed the "for QC residents only" stipulation which in theory should prevent them from playing that card (they have tried that on me before during negotiation).
The rep also offered me 15GB for $60, but I don't use that much data.
Be aware of the following:
- The rep believed that the 8GB for $50 plan was eligible for any size tab (one of the other reasons I switched). It is NOT. It is ONLY eligible for up to tab medium. I did not inquire about the 15GB for $60 plan tab eligibilities.
- I am NOT in QC. My phone number is QC, my billing address is ON and I live in BC. What that means in terms of getting this deal, I have no idea. The 8GB for $50 plan I got says nothing about QC requirements but it may be offered only to QC plan holders.
- I have been a Koodo customer for many years, I have only one line currently.
- The expiry date of September 30th is only a guess. The rep said they have better offers usually in October, so I figured this may only be for the remainder of this month.
- Unlimited Talk / Text / Data (25gb LTE)
- Unlimited Roaming in US / Canada / Mexico
- eSIM capable