Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

1GB 500min $45/month - 2GB $60/month unlimited min ON BC AB PE NL NB and NS

• Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2016 1:44 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2127 posts
1613 upvotes

[Koodo] 1GB 500min $45/month - 2GB $60/month unlimited min ON BC AB PE NL NB and NS

Koodo promo cell phone plan for ON BC AB PE NL NB and NS
Updated now for all provinces other then MB, SK and QC (who have cheaper on-going/regular prices already)

1GB 500 Canada-wide minutes $45/month
Unlimited evenings and weekends (5pm)
unlimited messaging(text & picture)
Call Display, Voicemail, Call Waiting, Conference Calling and Unlimited Canada-wide Family Calling

Additional data $5/250 MB
Extra local minute rate: 50¢/min. Canadian LD rate: 50¢/min.

Yes I know this is only a WARM deal but for 1GB and 500 canada-wide minutes its not bad.
Yes I know there are better retention type plans out there, and better plans in other provinces
Yes there is a certain $48/$53 5GB plan out there

But for the average person in ONTARIO who wants a publically available plan (from an Ontario kiosk), or wants to get a phone on a tab (Koodo has some great deals on Nexus 5 HTC M8 iphone 5 etc)

MARCH 14th
UPDATED TO 500 CANADA WIDE MINUTES.. way better then the 200 local from before
$50 referral/bill credit for new customers (referrals from active customers) - $50 is good till March 31st, after its the standard $25
125 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2008
1031 posts
673 upvotes
Quebec
Or for people who don't talk much and want data!
Dec 11, 2010
15 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
torontokris wrote: Yes there is a certain $48/$53 5GB plan out there
What's this plan? Very interested.

Thanks,
Banned
Oct 8, 2014
238 posts
120 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Aerok5 wrote: What's this plan? Very interested.

Thanks,
search the web or pm me
Feb 25, 2014
431 posts
113 upvotes
Westeros
If one adds International Long Distance Saver for $3/mo in addons, does that allow for cheap Canada-wide calling? It's 50 cents per minute otherwise.

Then again, voip.ms is cheaper!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2827 posts
901 upvotes
West
Wow this is bad. When Koodo switched to their current tab system (last year?) they had $45 for 1gb unlimited talk/text. Kinda wishing I switched to that plan. 200 minutes is peanuts for a month. We need a new carrier to enter Canada asap, this is getting bad.

Edit: just noticed that they are 'local' minutes instead of Canada-wide like every other plan, ouch.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
2441 posts
2539 upvotes
Toronto
tempting...
currently on their older plan (not as good as when they had the double data promo, missed that one)
$38
500min canada wide
500mb

I don't care for the minutes or canada wide, but an extra 500mb for $7 more a month might still not be enough to push me to change my data usage (to stream music, or watch youtube). Might end up still using < 500mb.
Maybe if this was $40. Nice try Koodo.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7635 posts
1576 upvotes
Toronto
WhatsTheRush wrote: Wow this is bad. When Koodo switched to their current tab system (last year?) they had $45 for 1gb unlimited talk/text. Kinda wishing I switched to that plan. 200 minutes is peanuts for a month.
Yeah, I have the $45 UL Talk and Text plan with 1gb, which was standard last year, not anything special. In fact they even offered 2GB for that price around Black Friday or something.

This current offering is pretty lame compared to last year's standard plan.
Jun 3, 2015
57 posts
5 upvotes
Oakville/OTT/MTL
At this point you are better off signing with cityfone...for 40$ you get 1gb and 400 canada-wide minutes and for 45$ you get 1gb and 500 canada-wide minutes (double mins + double data promotion), this is the same promotion they've had on and off since the summer. Uses the Rogers network. The only problem is that the phone selection sucks but you can always buy a phone on the grey market.

http://www.cityfone.net/rate-plans/smar ... rry-plans/
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3455 posts
1787 upvotes
Montreal
Lol local minutes. I feel like I'm back in 2009 after seeing that.

Meanwhile, I'm paying 34$ per month for unlimited talk, text and 2GB data in Quebec.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5879 posts
2263 upvotes
Kanata
omgreo wrote: I have the same $34 plan but in Ontario. How I feel when I look at these plans.
Same as well, just went over to QC side and signed up and ported my ON number.

I don't even think the posted deal is warm. It's pretty bad considering local minutes. Why are they going back to local minutes??
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3424 posts
1073 upvotes
I'm on public mobile... Unlimited province wide calling and 1.333 gb for $38. This "deal" blows.
Nov 3, 2004
22 posts
Tabooger wrote: Same as well, just went over to QC side and signed up and ported my ON number.

I don't even think the posted deal is warm. It's pretty bad considering local minutes. Why are they going back to local minutes??
Did you get to keep your 613 area code as well?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1233 posts
1797 upvotes
Toronto
Wait until Black Friday (if you can). I switched to Koodo on Black Friday 2015 and got 2GB data, unlimited nationawide calling in Canada, voicemail, unlimited texts, call display, for $49 a month. Anyone could have gotten that on that day. That offer may not be there this year but it could be, or even better
Feb 25, 2014
431 posts
113 upvotes
Westeros
2Sedins1Cup wrote: Virgin has matched
Not exactly. Virgin plan is Voicemail 3. Virgin perks are better though. Starbucks, Cineplex, etc.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1728 posts
599 upvotes
Canada
Piraxx wrote: Not exactly. Virgin plan is Voicemail 3. Virgin perks are better though. Starbucks, Cineplex, etc.
The fine details might not be the same, but it's still $45, 1GB data, 200 minutes, etc, and in Ontario only.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)