Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

256gb S10e - $200 up front - $480 on tab - free buds

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2019 8:33 am
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto

[Koodo] 256gb S10e - $200 up front - $480 on tab - free buds

I'm looking for a phone and figured the s10e would be my best fit. See that koodoo has save $430 on large tab. It's $720 for $0 on extra large tab, this is $680 plus service+tx outright. Also save $35 connection fee/sim and
plus you get the 256GB for the price of 128GB.

Good deal? If not, please feel free to flame. I'm not cell phone savvy but I got this, and there's a full refund
1.JPG
Last edited by koffey on Jun 19th, 2019 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
26 replies
Jul 2, 2018
93 posts
74 upvotes
It is a good deal if you are willing to shell out that amount on money on a phone that will depreciate very fast. I was also tempted to get that phone before but I figured that I am not yet in the financial position to shell out that kind of money for a phone. So, I just went to a Pixel 3a worth 280-ish after everything. :)
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
BabyBestfriend wrote: It is a good deal if you are willing to shell out that amount on money on a phone that will depreciate very fast. I was also tempted to get that phone before but I figured that I am not yet in the financial position to shell out that kind of money for a phone. So, I just went to a Pixel 3a worth 280-ish after everything. :)
I don't flip phones. I'm replacing a s7 edge busted screen since Jan lol
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Repost deal has been ongoing
Sorry, I didn't see any posts for this. I did know there was a samsung deal to get a free storage upgrade but not from a provider with additional kickbacks. If you can post the previous thread I'll ask the mods to merge.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2018
1119 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote: Sorry, I didn't see any posts for this. I did know there was a samsung deal to get a free storage upgrade but not from a provider with additional kickbacks. If you can post the previous thread I'll ask the mods to merge.
koodo-koodo-flash-sale-2282843/#p30886496
koodo-256gb-s10e-512gb-s10-price-128gb- ... #p30898981

basically on going, not sure what additionally kick backs you mention but its been $680 for almost 3 months now.

Wowmobile still offering $100 gc, for those that need to get it now.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
95thRiflesOCI wrote: koodo-koodo-flash-sale-2282843/#p30886496
koodo-256gb-s10e-512gb-s10-price-128gb- ... #p30898981

basically on going, not sure what additionally kick backs you mention but its been $680 for almost 3 months now.

Wowmobile still offering $100 gc, for those that need to get it now.
Yeah but wow's price isn't as cheap as koodoo, meanwhile bestbuy gives you a $200gc, again, not as good as koodoo.

I don't see anywhere in these threads about the price being $680, there's nothing for details in those threads other than the 256 for the price of the 128, both threads about a month ago, not 3.

Am I supposed to automatically know it was the same costs? And know that this deal was ongoing for 3 months? Sorry, right off the bat I said I'm not cell phone savvy. If you posted this information instead of repost like in those other threads you would have been much more helpful. Regardless, thanks for the input.

Capture.JPG
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2018
1119 posts
735 upvotes
Toronto
koffey wrote: Yeah but wow's price isn't as cheap as koodoo, meanwhile bestbuy gives you a $200gc, again, not as good as koodoo.
????? What you mean not as cheap as koodo. Its the same price, the incentive is to get you to sign up with them. Also BB isn't offering $200 gc atm, where are you getting your information from?
koffey wrote: I don't see anywhere in these threads about the price being $680, there's nothing for details in those threads other than the 256 for the price of the 128, both threads about a month ago, not 3.

Am I supposed to automatically know it was the same costs? And know that this deal was ongoing for 3 months? Sorry, right off the bat I said I'm not cell phone savvy. If you posted this information instead of repost like in those other threads you would have been much more helpful. Regardless, thanks for the input.

Those who went to the koodo link at the time of the thread which I'm sure many of us did, because there are many more posts / threads about this deal would see the price similar to yours.

And no your not suppose to know its the same cost, thats why there are other RFD's to chime in to give their input on the best deal. I'm just sharing that its been ongoing and that other incentives could be over the hill in addition to the koodo offering.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
95thRiflesOCI wrote: ????? What you mean not as cheap as koodo. Its the same price, the incentive is to get you to sign up with them. Also BB isn't offering $200 gc atm, where are you getting your information from?

Those who went to the koodo link at the time of the thread which I'm sure many of us did, because there are many more posts / threads about this deal would see the price similar to yours.

And no your not suppose to know its the same cost, thats why there are other RFD's to chime in to give their input on the best deal. I'm just sharing that its been ongoing and that other incentives could be over the hill in addition to the koodo offering.
I posted a pic in my previous post. So I guess the internet is wrong. And it's not as good cause these are not on the same plans. Wow and BB is on the XL.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ko ... n/13399040

Thanks for the information.
Last edited by koffey on Jun 6th, 2019 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
95thRiflesOCI wrote: Why would I signup with koodo directly when I can sign up with bestbuy and get those incentives?
Because BB isn't offering the 256 and $200gc still makes it more expensive than koodoo online. Also, you have to pay for your activation fee and sim card. I don't know where you see incentives... Unless you have to get the last word in every time, I have nothing else to say about this 3 month old non deal.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Feb 5, 2013
216 posts
130 upvotes
The S10e is much inferior than the S10. This is why its at this price.

If you can go for the S10. The S10+ is not worth IMHO but the S10E is worse than lets say the S9.

If you need a phone now... ok. But if you can wait for some sale... I advise against this E model. It exists for people that like the S10 name but want to save money in total, but the difference is not that big and there is much more value to be had with the real S10 in the long run.
For most folks its not worth it.
Jun 25, 2012
256 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
BearBraz wrote: The S10e is much inferior than the S10. This is why its at this price.

If you can go for the S10. The S10+ is not worth IMHO but the S10E is worse than lets say the S9.

If you need a phone now... ok. But if you can wait for some sale... I advise against this E model. It exists for people that like the S10 name but want to save money in total, but the difference is not that big and there is much more value to be had with the real S10 in the long run.
For most folks its not worth it.
Ehhh... I'll let these review headlines speak for themselves

Androidauthority.com - Samsung Galaxy S10e review: The best Galaxy S10 for most people

Phonedog.com - Samsung Galaxy S10e review: The S10 variant most people should buy

Mashable.com - Samsung Galaxy S10e Review: Same Delicious Recipe, But Serves More People!

... but I may be biased since I'm planning on getting the S10e as my next phone. ;)
Feb 5, 2013
216 posts
130 upvotes
The problem with the S10e is the pricing.

All of them being the same soc but the normal has better screen, better glaas and the telephoto. If the difference were bigger, sure the s10e would be a winner. priced by samsung the way it is... (you don't want to pay for the s10 but a little bit less you will pay)... since the e variant is not much a discount and will lose value much quicker...

My advice wait for the pricedrops on Blackfriday or something if you can get the S10 via bestbuy to get a good BB giftcard.

Of course no one will do that and the S10e will sell a lot. But thats what I'd do if one could time their phone upgrade.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
Can someone do the net cost calculation if you're dropping the contract after purchase, I was a big proponent of the 10e 8gb 256gb back in the day. I still am.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
redflagdealsguy wrote: Can someone do the net cost calculation if you're dropping the contract after purchase, I was a big proponent of the 10e 8gb 256gb back in the day. I still am.
If you're doing it online it's $680+tax and a couple of days of service
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote: If you're doing it online it's $680+tax and a couple of days of service
That's close to the effective price of the S10 plus 128gb from a few months ago in the BB buy and cancel maneuver.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Aug 10, 2017
203 posts
61 upvotes
need advice, I'm wearing glasses for reading (+2), but often don't use them with my current phone (Mi Note 3, screen 5.5). Already got S10e from my wireless provider, it seems the screen width is smaller here. Not sure if I should keep. if you were in the same situation (switching from bigger screen phone to this one), could you please share your experience?
Would you advice to go with bigger size phone instead (s10+?) and sell this one?
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1567 posts
888 upvotes
Earth
ed7258 wrote: need advice, I'm wearing glasses for reading (+2), but often don't use them with my current phone (Mi Note 3, screen 5.5). Already got S10e from my wireless provider, it seems the screen width is smaller here. Not sure if I should keep. if you were in the same situation (switching from bigger screen phone to this one), could you please share your experience?
Would you advice to go with bigger size phone instead (s10+?) and sell this one?
The width of the S10 and S10e are virtually the same; the S10 is taller. The S10+ is about the same width as the Mi Note 3. If you're used to the larger phones, the S10 might make more sense. It's all personal preference; since you have the S10e, why not stick with that. Also, the Mi Note 3, had a smaller screen than the S10e, since the Note 3 had a huge upper and lower bezel. See the comparison at the link below.

GSMArena comparison Mi Note 3 vs Galaxy S10 vs Galaxy S10e
Telus $45 25GB, Unlimited talk/text Nationwide
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
21468 posts
4884 upvotes
YUL
S10e 128gb is an even better deal now for existing Koodo customers. I was able to get it online for $0 on Tab LARGE, and also incliudes FREE Galaxy Buds and $125 in bill credits ($25 x 6 months)
Sp taking that, into consideration... $480 tab - $150 galaxy buds (going rate on kijiji if you sell) - $125 in bill credits = $205 net cost + tax. That's an amazing deal IMO.Again, this won't show up unless you're an existing Koodo client.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)