Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1187 posts
512 upvotes
My friend offered to let me use his PM number, and it's eligible for this deal. My gf is currently with Koodo. Can I open a new line on her account and port her current number over to this new line, or is there another way for her to get this deal if she's an existing customer with my friend's PM number?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2006
1196 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
If you have positive balance on the PM account, will Koodo credit you back?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7918 posts
1838 upvotes
Scarberia
D168 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 2:59 am
My friend offered to let me use his PM number, and it's eligible for this deal. My gf is currently with Koodo. Can I open a new line on her account and port her current number over to this new line, or is there another way for her to get this deal if she's an existing customer with my friend's PM number?
it will be using your friends number, so i think your friends account gets closed if you port in your gfs name! i think
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Dec 25, 2017
95 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto, ON
vincom wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 1:28 am
to port a non PM number, wait for activation email , do not call!!
I've got my sim about 4 days ago but haven't received my activation email. Are they guaranteed to send it to everyone? I haven't even received my shipping confirmation email. Only order confirmation.
Koodo 5GB/$35
i7 6700k | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1396 posts
772 upvotes
condo
Can anyone confirm if we can use a friend's number to get this deal, if they don't want it. Will this promo force them to port their PM number and lose their plan or can they remain on the 120/12gb plan without experiencing any change to their service.
Dec 15, 2017
184 posts
111 upvotes
tmonies wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 3:31 am
Can anyone confirm if we can use a friend's number to get this deal, if they don't want it. Will this promo force them to port their PM number and lose their plan or can they remain on the 120/12gb plan without experiencing any change to their service.
If it’s like the last migration promo ($45/8gb) then yes you can use you friends number without them losing their account. However there have been recent reports that unless you port, Koodo has stopped activating the SIM cards. Ymmv.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2013
5485 posts
2058 upvotes
redflagdeals.com
will888 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 9:13 pm
I predict that the mother of all migration offers will come around Black Friday to boxing week.
So $35 for 8GB/10GB ? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."
I like wearing tinfoil hats.

¯\_(-.-)_/¯

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ "Behold!"
Aug 11, 2018
113 posts
36 upvotes
Djinni wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 3:25 am
I've got my sim about 4 days ago but haven't received my activation email. Are they guaranteed to send it to everyone? I haven't even received my shipping confirmation email. Only order confirmation.
How soon after you received the sim card did you resort to calling in and trying to port?
$75/15GB + 10GB/$15
$35/5GB
Thank you El Tabador
Aug 27, 2012
22 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So I was able to switch from the earlier $45/8GB plan to this $40/8GB one!

However, the procedure I followed was a little unusual. I explained the situation as anyone else would (activated pretty much 3 days ago) but the retentions rep told me I should go to a store to have the switch facilitated. When I got there a nice fellow made a call into head office or something and from there I managed to switch over the plan. I'm not certain the bill credits will be applied but nonetheless a good outcome of the effort :)
Aug 5, 2008
109 posts
78 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON L4…
xdakax71 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 4:49 am
So I was able to switch from the earlier $45/8GB plan to this $40/8GB one!

However, the procedure I followed was a little unusual. I explained the situation as anyone else would (activated pretty much 3 days ago) but the retentions rep told me I should go to a store to have the switch facilitated. When I got there a nice fellow made a call into head office or something and from there I managed to switch over the plan. I'm not certain the bill credits will be applied but nonetheless a good outcome of the effort :)
Did you have an eligible PM plan for $40/8 to do the switch? I recently switched 2 lines from PM $10 plan to Koodo $45/8. Would I be able to do what you did? Do they check what PM plan you switched to Koodo from?
Aug 27, 2012
22 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
e_speakerca wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 6:07 am
Did you have an eligible PM plan for $40/8 to do the switch? I recently switched 2 lines from PM $10 plan to Koodo $45/8. Would I be able to do what you did? Do they check what PM plan you switched to Koodo from?
Yes, I switched from the 2016 Black Friday plan. As far as I'm aware I was eligible for both. The $45/8GB plan one worked for my initial switch and then I actually received a text message about the $40/8GB offer after. It seemed to work on the website too when I entered it.
Sep 11, 2008
455 posts
222 upvotes
Quebec
vincom wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 1:28 am
to port a non PM number, wait for activation email , do not call!!
once u get activation email then signup to selfserve web portal.
sim comes w/a random koodo telephone number but wait for the activation email, sim is activated approx same time as when u get that email.
selfserve web portal has a porting option, use that and only that.
i repeat, do not call koodo to port a non pm number for this promo or any other pm migration offer
What if we chose to add a new line when given the option while ordering?
May 24, 2017
286 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
A lot of info here on activating at Wal-Mart, WOW Mobile or The Mobile Shop. Free SIMs , gift cards, added GB, etc.

Which one is the best deal ?