Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Dec 16, 2010
772 posts
672 upvotes
Canada
DragOnT wrote: $54/10G is not bad as it is $5.4/1G; whereas the $40/8G is $5/1G; I would say not bad at all.
Good point. Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1195 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if the support team is the same as a supervisor?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19491 posts
6653 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
cappaj wrote: I signed up through Walmart and the same thing happened, it showed as $200 on his computer.

That said, I have no way of confirming that I'm receiving that bonus credit until I get my first bill - it doesn't show online, the Walmart paperwork doesn't show it, and I never received a confirmation email (for people who signed up online, that seems to be the place where they're seeing confirmation of the $180 credit).

I have no interest in contacting customer support to confirm it, so I'll just sit tight and wait for my first bill.
My email confirmation from signing up online says monthly bill credit -$15.00 and $0 for the SIM.
Jan 9, 2012
195 posts
46 upvotes
NEWMARKET
My PM plan renewed Aug 22 (2 days before I got the offer text). Can I wait until Sept 4th before I make the switch online, in order to maximize the amount of days I stay on my paid PM month?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2784 posts
2381 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Update:
I migrated 2 line from PM to Koodo back in March. for $40/4GB, but later on call in and got 6GB.
I call in last Friday try to get 8GB, got turn down, told me he willing to do, but the system won't let him.
Call again today, waited 10min , call pick up by supervisor directly.
He look into it and told me the same. He want to put me on 8GB plan, he try but the system won't let him,
He end up give me 1GB extra for 24 months for both line.
Not as good as 8GB but I am happy.
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Aug 26, 2018
20 posts
9 upvotes
I think you should do it as soon as you can because it may expire before Sep. 14
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2222 posts
1304 upvotes
GTA
forevergone wrote: Anyone know if the support team is the same as a supervisor?
I would say no. I would say the supervisor is part of the support team with more authority among the support team members.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Aug 12, 2015
233 posts
215 upvotes
Concord, ON
cappaj wrote: If you go to Walmart, the $30 activation fee is supposed to be waived by way of a credit on your 2nd/3rd bill.
I signed up at Walmart. Does that mean I won't get a bill credit of $15 on the 1st month bill?
Also, is the $30 dollar included in the $180 bill credit?
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
1195 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
DragOnT wrote: I would say no. I would say the supervisor is part of the support team with more authority among the support team members.
I figured as much. Will keep trying
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2222 posts
1304 upvotes
GTA
victor158128 wrote: I signed up at Walmart. Does that mean I won't get a bill credit of $15 on the 1st month bill?
Also, is the $30 dollar included in the $180 bill credit?
My understanding is that the $180 is from Koodo. The $30 activation fee is something that Walmart eats. So I would say they are different and you should get both if you are qualified.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Aug 12, 2015
233 posts
215 upvotes
Concord, ON
DragOnT wrote: My understanding is that the $180 is from Koodo. The $30 activation fee is something that Walmart eats. So I would say they are different and you should get both if you are qualified.
Thanks for answering. It seems people signed up at Walmart don't get to see the bill credit until the bill comes. The customer rep at Walmart didn't mention my $180 bill credit either. So I really don't have a clue if credit has been applied or not.
Oct 15, 2013
10 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver, BC
holydrinker wrote: So I've gone over the first like 40 pages and haven't seen an answer, only people who had the same problem. For those who reached to the last few pages and got the
"Your promo code is a one-time use only code, and has already been used.
Any promotional pricing has been removed from the cart, and you can proceed with our regular prices."

is there an answer to this?
The plan seems to still be the same plan on the page but the yellow box with the -15/180 credit on the bottom is now gone. Does that happen for everyone or did they remove it?
Never used a PM to Koodo deal before and my number should be eligible as I texted 5130 and still got the offer (so hopefully nobody hijacked my number...)
Can I go ahead and order or do I have to call them...
Anyone else encounter this and sign up successfully with the monthly credits? Adblocker is off
Nov 12, 2014
916 posts
588 upvotes
Kingston, ON
ChrisW208 wrote: Anyone else encounter this and sign up successfully with the monthly credits? Adblocker is off
I think that means the number was used previously for this or another offer? A few people have commented that they can sign up again using their number, but the 2nd sign up doesn't include the $180 bill credit.
Oct 12, 2014
799 posts
333 upvotes
London, ON
Hey,

I received the offer via text as well,

If I switch from Public mobile to Koodo, what phone's will qualify for the 35 or 40 plan?

thanks
Public Mobile
$38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21043 upvotes
Center of Universe
MrBanks321 wrote: Hey,

If I switch from Public mobile to Koodo, what phone's will qualify for the 35 or 40 plan?

thanks
Small and Medium tabs.
Oct 12, 2014
799 posts
333 upvotes
London, ON
vkizzle wrote: Small and Medium tabs.
The tabs will be $0? , is there a contract?
Public Mobile
$38 month
5GB Data
Unlimited international texting
Unlimited Canada-wide minutes
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4473 posts
1043 upvotes
Guelph, ON
MrBanks321 wrote: Hey,

thanks
Small or Medium on sign-up, but for future Renewals, only the Small Tab as per following criteria:
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/keepin ... your-phone

FYI - Your Tab is your only contractual obligation, otherwise can cancel at anytime.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35074 posts
21043 upvotes
Center of Universe
MrBanks321 wrote: The tabs will be $0? , is there a contract?
You pay $0 upfront and the balance is added to your monthly plan.
Some phones are $15 X 24 months, which would net you $0 with the $15 X 12 credit for the first year.
May 28, 2012
124 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
MrBanks321 wrote: The tabs will be $0? , is there a contract?
a5/ip6/a8 are 0$ on tabs plus with GC bonus up to 375$ from walmart/wow on the weekend not sure if there any more deals after.
the remaining balance on the phone they add tht to ur monthly plan 10-15$ till ur tap reach 0 or u can just paid off the tap after 3month.
Nov 1, 2016
106 posts
80 upvotes
none of the tab offers seem like a good deal. the medium tab is for $360 at least and mostly mediocre outdated phones