Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Sep 11, 2017
37 posts
12 upvotes
what is the fastest way to switch to koodo? i guess it is instore. or could i use my old koodo sim again? can i use my koodo account (which still exists) and refer myself? but how to keep my email then without opening a new account? and how do i add another line on my koodo account and get another refer bonus?
Koodo 5GB $35
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18689 posts
6711 upvotes
Toronto
wursteater wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:13 am
what is the fastest way to switch to koodo? i guess it is instore. or could i use my old koodo sim again? can i use my koodo account (which still exists) and refer myself? but how to keep my email then without opening a new account? and how do i add another line on my koodo account and get another refer bonus?
What are you trying to do? If you have an existing account with lines in it, just add another line. You can refer your new line using one of your existing lines.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Jun 7, 2007
713 posts
241 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If I have an eligible PM number to change and I want to switch my 40/6gb plan, is the way to go to add a line to my current Koodo account, and one activated I port my current 40/6gb number to the new 40/8gb plan? Just want to get some confirmation that doing all these in the same account is fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1030 posts
412 upvotes
wursteater wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:13 am
Fastest way is in store by buying a new sim. They may make you port your pm number though.
You can not use a old sim you previously used.

You can not refer yourself on the same line as far as I know. Even if you try to open a new account it will say your already registered with Koodo when you give your details. Maybe open a line in family members name if that referral is that valuable to you. (With their permission obviously).
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18689 posts
6711 upvotes
Toronto
25jai wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:21 am
If I have an eligible PM number to change and I want to switch my 40/6gb plan, is the way to go to add a line to my current Koodo account, and one activated I port my current 40/6gb number to the new 40/8gb plan? Just want to get some confirmation that doing all these in the same account is fine.
You can't port Koodo to Koodo. You have to port out and back in.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2612 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
Midevilshadow wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:12 am
If I call in to switch from the $45 to the $40 plan will they ask me again to verify my PM number?
No
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8207 posts
3337 upvotes
Markham
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:06 am
I would not want to be a Telus shareholder. They converted $40 prepaid to $35 postpaid. That will hurt the ARPU. Moreover these new postpaid customers will be paying $20 a month for the first year. The most important thing is the psychological lower limit for cell plans at $40 had now been breached. That is why I keep saying the mother of all migration offers will come in December. Remember back in February, the first migration offer was $40/4GB. That's looking like a cruel joke right now. A $35/8GB Christmastime gift is not out of the question. Along with avoiding Telus stock, Shaw is even more precarious. Why would anyone with freedom not be getting Public Mobile service and waiting for the offers.
Well on the long run they are getting more post-paid subscribers, that was what the CEO wanted in the very first place. Get them onboard first, then try to move them up to spend more later.

Rest assured everyone will be bombarded with $60/mo offers later with a tab. I know I have one sitting in my self-serve. You'd be surprised how many people still argue how "$0" phones are "deals" without looking at TCO.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18689 posts
6711 upvotes
Toronto
dealseaker101 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 3:52 am
So $35 for 8GB/10GB ? Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Yes! We will call it the freedom mobile coffin nailer offer.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1030 posts
412 upvotes
25jai wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:21 am
Seems fine however you can't just port your new 8gb line over the old 6gb line phone # You'd have to have the 6gb phone # leave Koodo postpaid... for example go to Koodo prepaid or Public Mobile first ($25 credit for going to pm) or another company then port back that # onto the 8gb line
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Jun 7, 2007
713 posts
241 upvotes
Richmond Hill
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:23 am
You can't port Koodo to Koodo. You have to port out and back in.
Oh so I guess I'll have to add the plan as a new line, port my existing Line to like the 10 dollar PM plan and then port it back to the new plan?

What about referral? Can adding a new line to my account be referred, by another account say my friend's?
May 20, 2017
521 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote:
Why would anyone with freedom not be getting Public Mobile service and waiting for the offers.

There are lots of ID10TS out there Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
May 24, 2017
285 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
will888 wrote:
I would not want to be a Telus shareholder. They converted $40 prepaid to $35 postpaid. That will hurt the ARPU. Moreover these new postpaid customers will be paying $20 a month for the first year. The most important thing is the psychological lower limit for cell plans at $40 had now been breached. That is why I keep saying the mother of all migration offers will come in December. Remember back in February, the first migration offer was $40/4GB. That's looking like a cruel joke right now. A $35/8GB Christmastime gift is not out of the question. Along with avoiding Telus stock, Shaw is even more precarious. Why would anyone with freedom not be getting Public Mobile service and waiting for the offers.
ARPU means nothing when customers are no longer subscribed at all. Yes Freedom and other carriers must be panicking. Telus is cleaning up. More subscribers means more revenue. They can work on ARPU later.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1030 posts
412 upvotes
25jai wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:27 am
Oh so I guess I'll have to add the plan as a new line, port my existing Line to like the 10 dollar PM plan and then port it back to the new plan?

What about referral? Can adding a new line to my account be referred, by another account say my friend's?
No because it's an existing account. It's not a new referral.
You can however get a PM referral credit of $25 by using an existing PM members phone #. If your staying with PM 72 hours that will help pay any fees you paid at PM.

But Koodo no if you have an existing account. Unless you make a new account in a family members name then you can refer each other
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18689 posts
6711 upvotes
Toronto
wonderwhy wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:32 am
There are lots of ID10TS out there Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
I don't want to get too off topic here. I can't see how freedom customers can have signal for long enough over a month's time to use up 10 gigs. By the way that would make a good promo code for freedom customers.
Last edited by will888 on Aug 26th, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1030 posts
412 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:15 am
What are you trying to do? If you have an existing account with lines in it, just add another line. You can refer your new line using one of your existing lines.
Can you refer new koodo lines inside the same existing account? I didn't think so but could be wrong.