Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Oct 22, 2004
529 posts
110 upvotes
thetipster wrote: This deal looks good @ first glance but for me and my 3 referrals we are all on the 90 day $40 for 4GB 4G data plans with PM.
Mine after discounts is $32/month. In the long run even the $35 plan for 5GB is not worth switching to.... too much bother for very similar plans. Over 3 years the koodo wins by only 80 bucks. Over 4 years only 35 bucks and over 5 years PM is back on top by 70 bucks.
It's possible the Koodo could be better as they have device deals that I could take advantage of soon but I can't predict the future and the current trend for Mobile plan pricing is downward. Maybe will be this way until 5G hits.
You really think you're going to be holding on to the same phone plan for 5+ years? If I were you I'd take the easy guaranteed $180 credit right now, there's almost definitely going to be something better within 5 years from now.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35080 posts
21045 upvotes
Center of Universe
frugalfruit wrote: If the rumours are true that PM will be shutdown in future, you might be left with no plan.

I am on 6GB/$40 plan and I don't think there is a better plan out there let alone this 8GB/$40 plan.
Source or reference to this rumor?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8421 posts
3609 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
vkizzle wrote: Source or reference to this rumor?
Apparently Koodo reps love spinning that rumour.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2327 posts
1996 upvotes
Ottawa
frugalfruit wrote: If the rumours are true that PM will be shutdown in future, you might be left with no plan.

I am on 6GB/$40 plan and I don't think there is a better plan out there let alone this 8GB/$40 plan.
vkizzle wrote: Source or reference to this rumor?
ToniCipriani wrote: Apparently Koodo reps love spinning that rumour.
Also people keep seeing that PC Mobile is going away and getting it mixed up with Public Mobile.
I am a current Koodo customer
Jun 30, 2013
628 posts
265 upvotes
GTA

In the business realm, PM will never die, may change into another name. It’s a gateway to better revenue for Telus. It’s a tool to capture big chunks of market share
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Aug 23, 2005
846 posts
51 upvotes
Thanks a lot, signed for the $35/5GB Plan
Is the Monthly bill credit applied to the bill i.e. i pay $24.55, or I have the credit on file to use against buying a new phone?
What is the Koodo Tab?
How do you guys check the monthly usage, does Koodo have an app?

Thanks
Last edited by Akronica on Aug 27th, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 28, 2012
124 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto

i mean even if PM is shutdown im sure they will move u to Koodo brand instead leave u without service. when the time comes im sure they will match the plan u have or move on to better plans/credits so nothing to worry about PM shutting downWinking Face.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35080 posts
21045 upvotes
Center of Universe
Stabwound wrote: You really think you're going to be holding on to the same phone plan for 5+ years? If I were you I'd take the easy guaranteed $180 credit right now, there's almost definitely going to be something better within 5 years from now.
But not for existing Koodo customers, or other non-PM customers.
These migration offers didn't even start a price war.
Jun 30, 2013
628 posts
265 upvotes
GTA
ToniCipriani wrote: Apparently Koodo reps love spinning that rumour.
No doubt, more specifically, it’s a rumour spread out by Telus propaganda machinery
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1388 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
idkdontask wrote: i mean even if PM is shutdown im sure they will move u to Koodo brand instead leave u without service. when the time comes im sure they will match the plan u have or move on to better plans/credits so nothing to worry about PM shutting downWinking Face.
They won't leave current PM members stranded. That would mean less sales for them. The only logical option is to offer them the exact same plan they had with Koodo if that's possible, or something very similar.
Jun 30, 2013
628 posts
265 upvotes
GTA
vkizzle wrote: But not for existing Koodo customers, or other non-PM customers.
These migration offers didn't even start a price war.
We might expect some movement in the market at the end of Q4 of 2018. Boxing Day sale may be a mini war, as the TELCOs will need to enhance revenue in annual report
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1556 posts
1623 upvotes
I have to say though whoever is in charge of things at telus is doing a good job of moving customers from other carriers to koodo. Went from 2 wind accounts and 1 fido account to 3 accounts on koodo.
Jun 30, 2013
628 posts
265 upvotes
GTA
Its not only Koodo, none of the TELCOs offer anything good for existing customers. They take the existing ones granted. At best, they instruct their retention dept to give small incentives to those who threatens to leave by calling in.
Apr 24, 2012
159 posts
120 upvotes
Markham, ON
Noob question but if I try to order a sim card online now, does it port right away? Or is there another activation process for when I actually receive the sim card? I want to make sure I don't lose service while I'm waiting for a sim card. For referrals from an existing Koodo customer, does this happen prior to ordering a sim card? Sorry if posted already there are 140 pages so far =/.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1388 posts
1347 upvotes
GTA
lallamalaughs wrote: Noob question but if I try to order a sim card online now, does it port right away? Or is there another activation process for when I actually receive the sim card? I want to make sure I don't lose service while I'm waiting for a sim card. For referrals from an existing Koodo customer, does this happen prior to ordering a sim card? Sorry if posted already there are 140 pages so far =/.
You won't lose service. I had done this with family members not long ago and the only time anything changes is if you manually go into the self serve account to change your number, talk to a Koodo rep over the phone or at a Kiosk to port a number.
Aug 23, 2018
92 posts
57 upvotes
Still waiting for PM to port my Koodo # to then transfer back.
Apr 24, 2012
159 posts
120 upvotes
Markham, ON
Slono wrote: You won't lose service. I had done this with family members not long ago and the only time anything changes is if you manually go into the self serve account to change your number, talk to a Koodo rep over the phone or at a Kiosk to port a number.
Thanks. My PB 90 days just auto renewed recently. Would it be RFD smart to order Koodo a day or two before Sep 4 instead of today? I get an extra week of usage on PB. If I get the sim card after Sep 4, will it still be valid. Point of the story: Order asap or stay on PB for another week until right before deal is over to maximize $.
Aug 6, 2018
13 posts
24 upvotes
Tried calling in 3 times today to switch from 45/8gb to 40/gb but got rejected all three times. Guess its time to give up.
Dec 21, 2009
284 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Just ordered sim today. My PB plan ends on 30th. Say If I dont get sim card mailed by 30th. Can I just add a $10 plan on PM for a month to hold my current number?
Will this cancel my deal or it should be fine.?
Nov 12, 2014
916 posts
588 upvotes
Kingston, ON
BrianL10369 wrote: Tried calling in 3 times today to switch from 45/8gb to 40/gb but got rejected all three times. Guess its time to give up.
Try later at night and hope you get an out of country employee who doesn't give a *#$&*# :)