Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 2:46 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2222 posts
446 upvotes
You can have multiple Koodo accounts in your own name. No need to borrow a family member’s name.

You’ll need multiple email accounts and multiple self-serve accounts to do this.
Aug 2, 2015
17 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
Midevilshadow wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:12 am
If I call in to switch from the $45 to the $40 plan will they ask me again to verify my PM number?
No I called in this morning and was given the plan by speaking to a supervisor. The first line Rep told me I needed the text, but having switched over I didn't receive anything. The supervisor took about 10 mins to apply the promo and told me it was a one time exception.
May 20, 2017
500 posts
152 upvotes
GTA
ToniCipriani wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:25 am

Rest assured everyone will be bombarded with $60/mo offers later with a tab. I know I have one sitting in my self-serve. You'd be surprised how many people still argue how "$0" phones are "deals" without looking at TCO.
Ahh not me, I live and learn my lessons, I buy my own hardware for over 15 years, no more contract, hope in and out, where there is a deals Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sep 27, 2003
9523 posts
2261 upvotes
Newmarket
Just did a bit of thread clean up. Remember, this thread is not your own personal place to sell / asking to buy. The BST forum is for that. Further, do not solicit / request PMs for referrals, those are also not permitted.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4098 posts
769 upvotes
Wat
So my family has 3 PM lines but only one got the offer text. Does that mean only one member can migrate to the new plans? Or can multiple lines migrate?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:36 am
I don't want to get too off topic here. I can't see how freedom customers can have signal for long enough over a month's time to use up 10 gigs.
But freedom has 35% off friends and family plans over $60 lol

But let's thank freedom they helped caused the 10GB/$60 deal and price wars and usa roaming packages that we have today. Otherwise we'd be paying $100/month + $1/minute/text/mb roaming if Robellus didn't have competition.
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
8493 posts
1164 upvotes
Victoria
Weird. I was trying to see if I could get a 2nd line using the same code/phone #. I tried it on a 2nd line (by adding a line to my existing account). When I tried to checkout it gave me an error that it's already used up and removed the infringing item from my cart. Except it didn't, and I checked out anyways. I think it might of removed the $180 credit, but let me checkout the plan. We'll have to see if it works.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
2064 posts
1319 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Wiseman wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:39 am
So my family has 3 PM lines but only one got the offer text. Does that mean only one member can migrate to the new plans? Or can multiple lines migrate?
Uno :(
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 [both FREE] | 1x Koodo 40/6 [paying $15] | 1x Fido Data 15/3 [FREE - Free GPad] 🢀
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
Wiseman wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:39 am
Only one that was provided the text. Are they all different price plans or the same plan? Which one got the text which ones did not?
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
Vertigo wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:36 am
You can have multiple Koodo accounts in your own name. No need to borrow a family member’s name.

You’ll need multiple email accounts and multiple self-serve accounts to do this.
When I tried to add a second account with a different email using my driver's license Koodo blocked it saying your already registered with us please log in and wouldn't create the second account. Has this changed since the $40/6GB promo days
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
zod wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:40 am
Weird. I was trying to see if I could get a 2nd line using the same code/phone #. I tried it on a 2nd line (by adding a line to my existing account). When I tried to checkout it gave me an error that it's already used up and removed the infringing item from my cart. Except it didn't, and I checked out anyways. I think it might of removed the $180 credit, but let me checkout the plan. We'll have to see if it works.
Some have said using the same # a second time works but removes the $180 bill credits. I can't confirm though
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
4098 posts
769 upvotes
Wat
torontokris wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:41 am
Only one that was provided the text. Are they all different price plans or the same plan? Which one got the text which ones did not?
All on the $40 4.5 GB plan. All activated around august 10.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8144 posts
3223 upvotes
Markham
wonderwhy wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:38 am
Ahh not me, I live and learn my lessons, I buy my own hardware for over 15 years, no more contract, hope in and out, where there is a deals Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Sure, but most people aren't, especially when the process gets convoluted. I told someone whom I switched them from to $60/10GB a while back about this process. Response was "I'm good with paying $60/10GB", after hearing about porting in and out process.

Before the $60/10GB, he was paying a shared line of $155/5GB, on contract for an Galaxy S5 Neo, because it was "free" so it was a deal.
Last edited by ToniCipriani on Aug 26th, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2222 posts
446 upvotes
torontokris wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:43 am
When I tried to add a second account with a different email using my driver's license Koodo blocked it saying your already registered with us please log in and wouldn't create the second account. Has this changed since the $40/6GB promo days
By “add a second account” do you mean placing an order on the web store?

Also, actually a different email address, or something like the gmail + trick?
Mar 26, 2010
842 posts
45 upvotes
Scarborough
So I picked to port my number when I made my order and I have a confirmation email that the order is being processed, but my line is not active anymore. I don't have a shipping confirmation either, but I hope I get the phone on Tuesday. T_T