Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2008
1596 posts
1401 upvotes
Edmonton
My friend offered to let me use his PM number, and it's eligible for this deal. My gf is currently with Koodo. Can I open a new line on her account and port her current number over to this new line, or is there another way for her to get this deal if she's an existing customer with my friend's PM number?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
wasape wrote: Just ordered sim today. My PB plan ends on 30th. Say If I dont get sim card mailed by 30th. Can I just add a $10 plan on PM for a month to hold my current number?
Will this cancel my deal or it should be fine.?
You should make the change to the $10 plan now, or at least a workable 30 day plan if you are on a 90 day plan. I don't think you will get the SIM by the 30th. You will not forfeit or cancel any eligibility by switching plans now after ordering your SIM.

If you do get to activate and port before the 30, you will not be charged for the plan switch because your account will be closed. As an extra precautionary step, turn off auto-pay now. You will not be able to log into your PM account once it closes. It shouldn't be a problem, but just better pice of mind.
Public Mobile
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
battsup wrote: Here is what I'm thinking of doing as I don't currently have a Koodo line, only my BF pm plan and received the text.

Option 1:
1) sign up with Koodo on any plan,
2) sign up second line for $40 8gb at Walmart and ask for the 2gb promo code
3) cancel the first Koodo sign up and get a full refund

Option 2:
1) Use friends referral to sign up for some random cheap plan with Koodo.
2) self refer myself and sign up at Walmart to the 8gb $40 plan and ask for 2gb bonus with the code from thread summary.
3) call in ask for seasonal hold on first sign up.
4) after 5 months cancel the first sign up in order to receive the full $150 in referral credits and the $30 activation credit from second bill.

Thoughts?
Where did you get the idea that this migration plan also gets you 2GB?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2235 upvotes
GTA
pazivai wrote: Its not only Koodo, none of the TELCOs offer anything good for existing customers. They take the existing ones granted. At best, they instruct their retention dept to give small incentives to those who threatens to leave by calling in.
That's why I don't bother calling. I just port over to the new carrier when I find a reasonable deal (that is better than my current one). Don't want to spend hours with them for just a minimal incentive.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2235 upvotes
GTA
D168 wrote: My friend offered to let me use his PM number, and it's eligible for this deal. My gf is currently with Koodo. Can I open a new line on her account and port her current number over to this new line, or is there another way for her to get this deal if she's an existing customer with my friend's PM number?
That is probably the fastest way I guess.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
1575 posts
798 upvotes
Toronto
I am currently on the Koodo $60/10GB plan and am quite tempted to buy a PM SIM card and activate service just to see what is offered next round.

Anyone else with the Koodo $60/10GB plan thinking the same? Or should I just stick with my current plan
Dec 1, 2007
393 posts
80 upvotes
Thread summary and series of posts within this thread.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
battsup wrote: Here is what I'm thinking of doing as I don't currently have a Koodo line, only my BF pm plan and received the text.

Option 1:
1) sign up with Koodo on any plan,
2) sign up second line for $40 8gb at Walmart and ask for the 2gb promo code
3) cancel the first Koodo sign up and get a full refund

Option 2:
1) Use friends referral to sign up for some random cheap plan with Koodo.
2) self refer myself and sign up at Walmart to the 8gb $40 plan and ask for 2gb bonus with the code from thread summary.
3) call in ask for seasonal hold on first sign up.
4) after 5 months cancel the first sign up in order to receive the full $150 in referral credits and the $30 activation credit from second bill.

Thoughts?
Option 1 - you are on your own, but I doubt it since they will see you have just signed up as opposed to most who have been with Koodo for some time.
Option 2 - any plan that goes onto seasonal hold is not eligible for referral credits - it gets canceled. This will affect both sides of the referral even if only one side goes into seasonal hold.
Public Mobile
Jan 26, 2010
391 posts
56 upvotes
there is no offer that adding second line , will give u 8gb for 40,
i went to walmart, these offers are pure public mobile migration with target customers only, they can not activate unless the customer receives the text ..
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Just to confirm, as long as I order the Koodo sim from their website before the 4th (will order on the 3rd). I'll still get the deal and can port the current PM number over once I get the sim in the mail, correct?
Feb 13, 2009
451 posts
77 upvotes
Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable.

After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch.
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that.

The equivalent plan that Koodo offers is ....wait for it.......
A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Astonished Face

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.

I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then.
For those who have switched, does Koodo require a credit check? Is this the norm now?

I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
orbitdesign wrote: Just to confirm, as long as I order the Koodo sim from their website before the 4th (will order on the 3rd). I'll still get the deal and can port the current PM number over once I get the sim in the mail, correct?
Correct. Many on the previous $45/8GB promo ported their numbers well after the promo ended as it took time process orders and shipping etc.
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
Pottertons wrote: Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable.

After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch.
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that.

A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Astonished Face

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.

I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then.
For those who have switched, does Koodo require a credit check? Is this the norm now?

I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright.
I signed up at WowMobile, ported my number over with the offer and picked up a new phone on Tab Medium (with gift cards) and a CSR for Koodo confirmed today, on the phone, that I've got the new plan, she see's the $180 in bill credits as well as a referral credit.
Jun 30, 2013
676 posts
266 upvotes
GTA

You should have tried for devices on small or medium TAB
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
Self Referral Tips for Koodo - Click here...
Edited by the RFD Moderation Team due to the 4 line limit
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3735 posts
3498 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: Correct. Many on the previous $45/8GB promo ported their numbers well after the promo ended as it took time process orders and shipping etc.
Okay, thanks. And, to confirm, what do I select when ordering the sim? new number or port old number? My wife will want to keep her current number.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2652 posts
2235 upvotes
GTA
chillychin wrote: I am currently on the Koodo $60/10GB plan and am quite tempted to buy a PM SIM card and activate service just to see what is offered next round.

Anyone else with the Koodo $60/10GB plan thinking the same? Or should I just stick with my current plan
Using this 8G promo as reference and assuming they will have similar promo), then I would say you should do it. You spend may be $30~50 upfront; but you will save $20 per month. So in 3 to 6 months you break even and then saving from that point on.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jul 18, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
BrianL10369 wrote: Tried calling in 3 times today to switch from 45/8gb to 40/gb but got rejected all three times. Guess its time to give up.
Being polite/friendly can get you more places than being pushy/demanding I find. The call centre reps are all probably sick of dealing with this. Try addressing the rep by their name and being generally polite/friendly, I think you'd be surprised how many strings they're willing to pull for you then.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka

Lots of people signed up at Walmart/WOW onto these promo plans and got new phones complete with gift card bonuses. Just read a few pages here. This promo allows for medium plan.
Public Mobile
Dec 1, 2007
393 posts
80 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: Option 1 - you are on your own, but I doubt it since they will see you have just signed up as opposed to most who have been with Koodo for some time.
Option 2 - any plan that goes onto seasonal hold is not eligible for referral credits - it gets canceled. This will affect both sides of the referral even if only one side goes into seasonal hold.

Ahh thank you for the clarification, I wasn't aware that the seasonal hold kills referral on both ends.
abydyby wrote: there is no offer that adding second line , will give u 8gb for 40,
i went to walmart, these offers are pure public mobile migration with target customers only, they can not activate unless the customer receives the text ..
Yup I get that, I have the text, the purpose of the second line isn't to double dip on signups, it's to get the 2gb bonus for existing customers.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4264 posts
5638 upvotes
Muskoka
orbitdesign wrote: Okay, thanks. And, to confirm, what do I select when ordering the sim? new number or port old number? My wife will want to keep her current number.
Select Port Number. You will still get a temp number so you don't lose service while SIM is in transit. Once you get the SIM, you can then login and transfer the number yourself, or call in.
Public Mobile