Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 2:46 pm
Feb 6, 2014
134 posts
87 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:36 am
I don't want to get too off topic here. I can't see how freedom customers can have signal for long enough over a month's time to use up 10 gigs. By the way that would make a good promo code for freedom customers.
I am with Freedom and signal is fine. Most people make such comments based on prior experience before LTE network was introduced. Since then they have improved vastly. Also, I hope people supports Freedom. Deals like this exists because there are fourth player in the market and there is competition. If no one supports Freedom, we will be all going back to Robellus and will be paying higher price.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2015
1578 posts
258 upvotes
So we eill be switching my wife's account to Kodoo in store today but I will be keeping mine with PM. Amyone still holding to.PM.fall 2016 plan...to make me feel better...Grinning Face
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18294 posts
6386 upvotes
Toronto
Junigenmukyoku wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:52 am
So I picked to port my number when I made my order and I have a confirmation email that the order is being processed, but my line is not active anymore. I don't have a shipping confirmation either, but I hope I get the phone on Tuesday. T_T
How can that be? They don't port your number during the ordering process. You do that separately after you receive the SIM card. Check your Public Mobile account. Maybe your account went into suspension due to non payment or renewal problems.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
Vertigo wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:49 am
By “add a second account” do you mean placing an order on the web store?

Also, actually a different email address, or something like the gmail + trick?
Yes online webstore. Tried using a separate email address. However my address and license were the same. It refused it said your already in our system please log in instead. Not sure if that's still the case that was during the PM fall promo to Koodo offer days
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3080 posts
2514 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:36 am
I don't want to get too off topic here. I can't see how freedom customers can have signal for long enough over a month's time to use up 10 gigs. By the way that would make a good promo code for freedom customers.
Sounds like either data is way over congested in your area, or you're not using a device with B66 support.

I have hit my 4GB limit multiple times on my FM tablet account, very easy to do depending where you are.

FM is FANTASTIC on the TTC subway, especially the areas where they have in tunnel support.

Without B66 support don't bother with FM. With it? Not too shabby, depending where you are.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18294 posts
6386 upvotes
Toronto
CocoJambo wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:56 am
So we eill be switching my wife's account to Kodoo in store today but I will be keeping mine with PM. Amyone still holding to.PM.fall 2016 plan...to make me feel better...Grinning Face
Me. I need it to receive the mother of all migration offers in December.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 12, 2014
656 posts
411 upvotes
Kingston, ON
zod wrote:
Aug 25th, 2018 7:00 pm
I did it via creating a new account. I received an order confirmation email right away.
Got my order confirmation this morning at 4:30am....guess they are a bit slow :)
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
CocoJambo wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:56 am
A few of us. However to be fair I had two PM lines one moved to Koodo one with PM. I figure I get the best of both. So same as your situation one will be with PM one with Koodo.

Maybe you'll get a better offer shortly!
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3080 posts
2514 upvotes
ToniCipriani wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 10:47 am
Sure, but most people aren't, especially when the process gets convoluted. I told someone whom I switched them from to $60/10GB a while back about this process. Response was "I'm good with paying $60/10GB", after hearing about porting in and out process.
People are lazy. Telecomms know this, and structure their "deals" in such a way that the more lazy you are, the more money you will end up giving them. It's a fantastic technique.

When the Fall 2016 promo hit I tried to convince my colleagues and friends to switch, NONE did. The most common response? "Ya, I'm paying more, but it's too hard to switch".

Even after telling them what was involved they still balked. Some of these people were paying $20/month a more for LESS service, and yet they stayed "Rogers has been good to me, no thanks".

People are lazy, ESPECIALLY with their money.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:02 am
To be fair you used your # to get a Koodo plan already. =)
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
1297 posts
693 upvotes
condo
will888 wrote:
LOL, if that offer is nothing. That would be funny... You do realize that Telus is still a business and they do need to make some money... Unless you're getting PM for free based on all your monthly referral credits, I wouldn't wait too much longer.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3080 posts
2514 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Good luck with that. More likely they'll give you the same offer, or nothing. This deal is the big mover, LOTS of PM people are going to loose their referrals because of this deal. PM will become less and less attractive as a result. It's a cascade effect. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1007 posts
398 upvotes
repatch wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:01 am
Sounds like either data is way over congested in your area, or you're not using a device with B66 support.

I have hit my 4GB limit multiple times on my FM tablet account, very easy to do depending where you are.

FM is FANTASTIC on the TTC subway, especially the areas where they have in tunnel support.

Without B66 support don't bother with FM. With it? Not too shabby, depending where you are.
Most ppl who complain about freedom data (myself included were on 3G data back in the day). We'd get full signal but nothing would load (congestion as you mentioned)
Dec 4, 2005
425 posts
239 upvotes
Mississauga
patekevi120 wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 7:22 am
If we are on the original 40/6gb, any way of getting this?
Yes and I just did it. I got 40/6 way back in March but decided to call and ask anyways. The csr couldn't do it but I asked to speak to her superviser and the superviser was nice to quickly make the change. So in 6 months I went 4->5->6->8 Gb with Koodo for the same $40. I think it's a matter of luck, but if you are polite and persistent it increases your chances.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
7999 posts
535 upvotes
Scarborough
I did exactly the same thing for my wife last night, separate email but my license, credit card and mailing address. I didn't get the confirmation email until this morning.
torontokris wrote:
Aug 26th, 2018 11:01 am
Yes online webstore. Tried using a separate email address. However my address and license were the same. It refused it said your already in our system please log in instead. Not sure if that's still the case that was during the PM fall promo to Koodo offer days