Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Member
Jan 26, 2010
308 posts
14 upvotes
there is no offer that adding second line , will give u 8gb for 40,
i went to walmart, these offers are pure public mobile migration with target customers only, they can not activate unless the customer receives the text ..
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1544 posts
784 upvotes
Cambridge
Just to confirm, as long as I order the Koodo sim from their website before the 4th (will order on the 3rd). I'll still get the deal and can port the current PM number over once I get the sim in the mail, correct?
Member
Feb 13, 2009
423 posts
67 upvotes
Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable.

After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch.
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that.

The equivalent plan that Koodo offers is ....wait for it.......
A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Astonished Face

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.

I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then.
For those who have switched, does Koodo require a credit check? Is this the norm now?


I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3410 posts
3024 upvotes
Muskoka
orbitdesign wrote: Just to confirm, as long as I order the Koodo sim from their website before the 4th (will order on the 3rd). I'll still get the deal and can port the current PM number over once I get the sim in the mail, correct?
Correct. Many on the previous $45/8GB promo ported their numbers well after the promo ended as it took time process orders and shipping etc.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1544 posts
784 upvotes
Cambridge
Pottertons wrote: Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable.

After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch.
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that.

The equivalent plan that Koodo offers is ....wait for it.......
A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Astonished Face

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.

I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then.
For those who have switched, does Koodo require a credit check? Is this the norm now?


I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright.
I signed up at WowMobile, ported my number over with the offer and picked up a new phone on Tab Medium (with gift cards) and a CSR for Koodo confirmed today, on the phone, that I've got the new plan, she see's the $180 in bill credits as well as a referral credit.
Sr. Member
Jun 30, 2013
615 posts
255 upvotes
GTA
Pottertons wrote: Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable.

After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch.
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that.

The equivalent plan that Koodo offers is ....wait for it.......
A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Astonished Face

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.

I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then.
For those who have switched, does Koodo require a credit check? Is this the norm now?


I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright.
You should have tried for devices on small or medium TAB
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1544 posts
784 upvotes
Cambridge
spotts01 wrote: Correct. Many on the previous $45/8GB promo ported their numbers well after the promo ended as it took time process orders and shipping etc.
Okay, thanks. And, to confirm, what do I select when ordering the sim? new number or port old number? My wife will want to keep her current number.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2008
2031 posts
987 upvotes
GTA
chillychin wrote: I am currently on the Koodo $60/10GB plan and am quite tempted to buy a PM SIM card and activate service just to see what is offered next round.

Anyone else with the Koodo $60/10GB plan thinking the same? Or should I just stick with my current plan
Using this 8G promo as reference and assuming they will have similar promo), then I would say you should do it. You spend may be $30~50 upfront; but you will save $20 per month. So in 3 to 6 months you break even and then saving from that point on.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 18, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
BrianL10369 wrote: Tried calling in 3 times today to switch from 45/8gb to 40/gb but got rejected all three times. Guess its time to give up.
Being polite/friendly can get you more places than being pushy/demanding I find. The call centre reps are all probably sick of dealing with this. Try addressing the rep by their name and being generally polite/friendly, I think you'd be surprised how many strings they're willing to pull for you then.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3410 posts
3024 upvotes
Muskoka
Pottertons wrote: Well, it looks like I'm sticking with PM for the foreseeable.

After finally getting the text for the promo I went to Koodo to make the switch.
Now, it needs to mentioned that my ONLY reason for taking advantage of this offer is because I need a new device. So it was quite a shock to me when I was informed that the offer is only available with a BYOD.
Which means that the offer of 5GB for $35/mth or 8GB for $40/mth with $180 in bill credits, unlimited Canada-Wide calling etc, is all completely void if you want a new device to go with that.

The equivalent plan that Koodo offers is ....wait for it.......
A staggering $95/mth. Oh, and you only get 500 minutes of Canada-wide calling with that. Unlimited will run you an additional $5/mth. So we may as well call it a flat $100/mth just to get the same as what's offered for $40/mth with the text promo. Astonished Face

Oh, and we haven't even added a device yet. For a Samusung Galaxy S9, it would've been and additional $35 (I think, definitely within that ballpark anyway) per month which totals a WHOPPING $135/mth.........+tax.

I did go to Freedom who's offer was MILES better, but my Credit rating wasn't good enough for approval. It's been about 5 years since I last got a phone and I don't recall having to do a credit check back then.
For those who have switched, does Koodo require a credit check? Is this the norm now?


I think I'll stick around and try to save that $95 on a wkly or bi-wkly basis and just buy the device outright.
Lots of people signed up at Walmart/WOW onto these promo plans and got new phones complete with gift card bonuses. Just read a few pages here. This promo allows for medium plan.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Member
Dec 1, 2007
361 posts
55 upvotes
spotts01 wrote: Option 1 - you are on your own, but I doubt it since they will see you have just signed up as opposed to most who have been with Koodo for some time.
Option 2 - any plan that goes onto seasonal hold is not eligible for referral credits - it gets canceled. This will affect both sides of the referral even if only one side goes into seasonal hold.

Ahh thank you for the clarification, I wasn't aware that the seasonal hold kills referral on both ends.
abydyby wrote: there is no offer that adding second line , will give u 8gb for 40,
i went to walmart, these offers are pure public mobile migration with target customers only, they can not activate unless the customer receives the text ..
Yup I get that, I have the text, the purpose of the second line isn't to double dip on signups, it's to get the 2gb bonus for existing customers.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3410 posts
3024 upvotes
Muskoka
orbitdesign wrote: Okay, thanks. And, to confirm, what do I select when ordering the sim? new number or port old number? My wife will want to keep her current number.
Select Port Number. You will still get a temp number so you don't lose service while SIM is in transit. Once you get the SIM, you can then login and transfer the number yourself, or call in.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 18, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
chillychin wrote: I am currently on the Koodo $60/10GB plan and am quite tempted to buy a PM SIM card and activate service just to see what is offered next round.

Anyone else with the Koodo $60/10GB plan thinking the same? Or should I just stick with my current plan
I'd just cancel and switch to the 40$/4.5GB Public Mobile plan and then wait for them to give you a similar offer to come back.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1544 posts
784 upvotes
Cambridge
spotts01 wrote: Select Port Number. You will still get a temp number so you don't lose service while SIM is in transit. Once you get the SIM, you can then login and transfer the number yourself, or call in.
Ah, okay... that was the part I wasn't understanding, so thank you. So she'll still use her PM sim and number while the card is in transit, but her Koodo account with just have a temp number and be active until transferring the current number.
Jr. Member
Oct 16, 2012
131 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
chillychin wrote: I am currently on the Koodo $60/10GB plan and am quite tempted to buy a PM SIM card and activate service just to see what is offered next round.

Anyone else with the Koodo $60/10GB plan thinking the same? Or should I just stick with my current plan
I'm on the 40/6gb and thinking of getting a pm plan in hopes of getting 8gb. So yeah I'm kinda with you on that. Or pay someone 100 for their activation number and collect on tge 180 credit so you're not losing 100$

Top