Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 10:30 am
Jan 27, 2007
563 posts
378 upvotes
chhotadon wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:39 pm
What's the difference if you pick the new number option?
Some have reported that Koodo called them to force a port, or sent them an order cancellation email since this promo is for moving people from PM to Koodo. But if you choose Port, then it doesn't trigger anything, and you can choose to port or not later.
Feb 13, 2009
421 posts
67 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:06 pm
I signed up at WowMobile, ported my number over with the offer and picked up a new phone on Tab Medium (with gift cards) and a CSR for Koodo confirmed today, on the phone, that I've got the new plan, she see's the $180 in bill credits as well as a referral credit.
pazivai wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:06 pm
You should have tried for devices on small or medium TAB
spotts01 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:09 pm
Lots of people signed up at Walmart/WOW onto these promo plans and got new phones complete with gift card bonuses. Just read a few pages here. This promo allows for medium plan.
Thanks.
The associate did mention the small/medium tab but I wanted a premium phone for $0 down. No biggie. As mentioned, i'll just try and put together some funds and buy the phone outright, straight from Samsung and then make the switch.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1401 posts
572 upvotes
Cambridge
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:42 pm
Some have reported that Koodo called them to force a port, or sent them an order cancellation email since this promo is for moving people from PM to Koodo. But if you choose Port, then it doesn't trigger anything, and you can choose to port or not later.
So can I do all of this tonight through Koodo's website, selecting the port option, and wait to receive the sim...her PM number will stay active until I get the card in the mail and start the actual port, right? Just want to get the most from PM as she renewed a month ago. Every day helps, haha
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1590 posts
623 upvotes
ON
Stabwound wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 1:54 pm
You really think you're going to be holding on to the same phone plan for 5+ years? If I were you I'd take the easy guaranteed $180 credit right now, there's almost definitely going to be something better within 5 years from now.
You must be young and really use your mobile data heavily.
I am old and 4GB on my plan goes largely unused every month. I have 1/2 GB home internet and I spend 9 hours a day working so I'm not streaming much through LTE.
Why would I pay more for more data I don't need?
Also PM's travel plans are much better value then Koodo's, not that I absolutely need data/voice when away, wifi is everywhere now.

So yes, I expect to be on this plan for the next 5 years unless my needs drastically change.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28097 posts
13907 upvotes
Ottawa
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:42 pm
I've been following thread everyday and have only read about that "someone" mentioning this.
Has this actually happened to someone?
Jan 18, 2006
461 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's hard to churn through 145 pages to get all the relevant info.

So I am a PM customer in Scarborough right now and got the text about the promo, so I have a couple questions hope a kind soul can help with:
1. Am I able to go to Wowmobile to activate this to take advantage of the GC offer?
2. How much is Wowmobile offering for GC as of today? Also what kind of GC do we get to choose from? I'm assuming we can't use the GC to pay off either the tab or the phone bill?
3. How does old phone trade-in work, can we use the $50 to pay off tab or the phone bill?

Thanks!
Edit: fixed typo
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1855 posts
1243 upvotes
Ottawa
Pottertons wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:43 pm
Thanks.
The associate did mention the small/medium tab but I wanted a premium phone for $0 down. No biggie. As mentioned, i'll just try and put together some funds and buy the phone outright, straight from Samsung and then make the switch.
I still bought the S9 on a medium tab - it was $620 upfront, but this past weekend Walmart had a $150 GC promo that made it a lot better than buying it outright (and it'd let you finance a portion of the cost through the Koodo tab, instead of paying the full cost upfront to Samsung or whatever).

If you're going to buy it outright still - you could look at ebay, and watch for ebay's occasional 10-15% off coupons, which could give you a pretty good deal on the phone too.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Jan 27, 2007
563 posts
378 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:46 pm
I've been following thread everyday and have only read about that "someone" mentioning this.
Has this actually happened to someone?
I remember reading at least 2 people this happened to. One was forced to port on the phone when they called him, the other received an email with a cancelled order.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10239 posts
865 upvotes
Vancouver
I have existing line with Koodo. I'd like to keep that #. My mother is also with Koodo, under a separate account.

If I wanted to keep my #, i would do the koodo prepaid, port-out and then port-in.

BUT, is there a way I can "give" my mom my current plan, and both of us would be able to keep our existing #s? As soon as I port my current # out to prepaid, the underlying phone line account would close.
Jan 27, 2007
563 posts
378 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:45 pm
So can I do all of this tonight through Koodo's website, selecting the port option, and wait to receive the sim...her PM number will stay active until I get the card in the mail and start the actual port, right? Just want to get the most from PM as she renewed a month ago. Every day helps, haha
If you order today, Koodo will activate your line within 3-7 days based on their workload. Once they activate, you start paying from that date, even though you have not ported yet. So, if you still have prepaid days with PM, you can wait till Sep 3 to order.
Dec 14, 2009
86 posts
30 upvotes
Vancouver
D168 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:36 pm
Is this Koodo to Koodo or PM to Koodo?
Koodo to Koodo
Deevusone wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:37 pm
Congrats! Marvin from the support team? or is there a retention team? What was your approach to asking?
Marvin from retention. I didn't do anything special, just asked for any possibility to transfer to the new promo rate since I only swapped from PM a few months ago and that the new plan is better in every way. I likely lucked out and connected to someone that just wanted to help.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1401 posts
572 upvotes
Cambridge
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:52 pm
If you order today, Koodo will activate your line within 3-7 days based on their workload. Once they activate, you start paying from that date, even though you have not ported yet. So, if you still have prepaid days with PM, you can wait till Sep 3 to order.
Thanks! Really appreciate the confirmation. I've already made the switch as I only had 2 weeks left but I did it at Wow...never done it online.
Jul 18, 2018
33 posts
25 upvotes
Deevusone wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:34 pm
I tried being nice, but still no go. Did you just ask them straight up about getting the promo?
Yeah, pretty much. Just said I recently joined with the public mobile migration and I wanted to switch my plan to the new one.
Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
Public Mobile $40/4.5GB
May 24, 2017
243 posts
166 upvotes
GTA
cappaj wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:49 pm
I still bought the S9 on a medium tab - it was $620 upfront, but this past weekend Walmart had a $150 GC promo that made it a lot better than buying it outright (and it'd let you finance a portion of the cost through the Koodo tab, instead of paying the full cost upfront to Samsung or whatever).

If you're going to buy it outright still - you could look at ebay, and watch for ebay's occasional 10-15% off coupons, which could give you a pretty good deal on the phone too.
Sometimes Samsung has Trade In deals too. Check before ordering.
Nov 23, 2017
23 posts
I am an existing Koodo customer that came through PM. Can I really add this plan to my account through Walmart? Can I do this online or do I need to do this in store? Thanks!