Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 10:30 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3134 posts
2508 upvotes
Muskoka
dgallen wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:12 pm
Thanks for the previous advice which unfortunately hit the usual PM snags in spite of preemptive action.

So for anyone who is nearing their renewal date and wishing to migrate to the Koodo plan, but unsure of the variance between Public Mobile and Koodo service times, be ready for continuity issues if you change plans at PM even before renewal time. Since my renewal for the 90 day 12GB plan was on the 26th, I went online to the PM website of the 25th, to switch over to the $10 monthly plan so I would ensure active service until the Koodo migration would kick in. The PM website showed the plan changes and autopay was enabled. Best laid plans... now my PM number is out of service, my account shows suspended/deactivated even though history shows my funds were debited on the 26th. And of course there is no way to contact PM other then an email to moderators which warn that minimal response is at least 48 hours. So far OOS for 24 hours with not incoming or outgoing voice, text or data. Moral of the story, just be ready for some pain, even if you prepare and are prepared for it.
Does your phone actually have no service? Often on renewal date your account shows suspended but it just seems to be some code thrown up as payment is processed but service is never interrupted.

If it is out of service you will need to contact the moderators
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1311 posts
828 upvotes
Land
will888 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:02 pm
No the store people play by the rules. Order online and do not interact with human and you will get what you want. As for phone deals, shop for that separately.
i don't see this promo on koodomobile online, i must be blind
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
1087 posts
86 upvotes
Richmond Hill
To those who got this deal with a Public Mobile number: where were you before joining Public Mobile?

Trying to see if this offer is only good for people who were at Koodo previously then joined PM. Wondering if anyone went from Telus, for example, to PM, the got offered this Koodo deal?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3134 posts
2508 upvotes
Muskoka
I know people from kinds of different providers who got this.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
pennywize wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 7:01 pm
To those who got this deal with a Public Mobile number: where were you before joining Public Mobile?

Trying to see if this offer is only good for people who were at Koodo previously then joined PM. Wondering if anyone went from Telus, for example, to PM, the got offered this Koodo deal?
Unless you port your number and they can find out that way there's no way PM knows what carrier you came from, likely doesn't care either.

These are targeted likely toward specific plans.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1856 posts
1246 upvotes
Ottawa
pennywize wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 7:01 pm

I went from Fido to PM, then got this offer to go to Koodo. Had never been on Telus, Koodo, or PM before I switched from fido a month and a half ago.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Nov 6, 2008
100 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary, AB
chris778 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:44 pm
Called and csr and loyalty said they could not change my $40/6gb from March to the $35/5gb. They did offer me 2gb for $1 but I had no use for it as I do not even get close to 6gb a month. They ended up giving me $100 off phone online. I took that but forgot to ask if there is a timelimit on credit as I have no use for new phone right now.

Does anyone know if there is timelimit I have to use $100 phone credit by?
90 Days.
Nov 9, 2013
429 posts
94 upvotes
Switched from Koodo to Rogers, doesn't look like my number can be validated for this deal Disappointed Face
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8865 posts
1623 upvotes
Toronto
atheoncrutch wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 7:30 pm
Switched from Koodo to Rogers, doesn't look like my number can be validated for this deal Disappointed Face
Lol why would it ever be valid?? It's a promo to move from Public to Koodo. It's okay though you can always go back to PM and hope for the best for next migration offer!
Jun 5, 2016
55 posts
5 upvotes
I am looking to buy an A8 or S8 from walmart for koodo. I am on public mobile (90 day 12 GB plan and have received the text), what is the best way to avail this 40/8GB offer with the new med tab phone?
Do I go to walmart first and get the new line? or I register on koodo with the promo code first (along with referral stuff)?
Aug 26, 2018
4 posts
I received this offer but I don't want to switch yet.
Could some please tell me how to use this offer with a non PM number ? I'd like to use this offer to port my wife's number to Koodo.

Should I first port her number to PM and then to Koodo ?

Thanks.
Last edited by Edyrio on Aug 27th, 2018 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 29, 2007
578 posts
274 upvotes
North America
Page 150 - And many haven't read the "first page & summary". Again, if you are not a PM member already, you can not get this deal.
The only option is to hop on the PM train and hope for a similar or better deal down the road. Koodo deals happen very often!
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
Jan 27, 2007
563 posts
378 upvotes
fonzy35 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:57 pm
i don't see this promo on koodomobile online, i must be blind
Did you enter the promo code and a valid PM number that received the promo sms?
Jan 26, 2010
6 posts
8 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:56 pm
Does your phone actually have no service? Often on renewal date your account shows suspended but it just seems to be some code thrown up as payment is processed but service is never interrupted.

If it is out of service you will need to contact the moderators
Yes, plan shows expired online and for the last 24+ hours cannot send or receive calls or messages. Apparently a thread on the PM community shows a bug between the handshake of multiple service and billing systems so that you cannot change your plan down in value without prepaying the former plans amount (in other words prepaying $120 for a change to a $10 service) So essentially even though I changed my plan from 90day/12gb to $10/50 minute before renewal, on the date of renewal one system does not see the change request and wants payment for the old plan and therefore suspends the account. Doesn't matter that the billing system already extracted the $10 (as shown in system history) and there was a plan change listed on the system a day before renewal. The bug requires human intervention and hence will have to wait the 48+ hours to get someone to get my phone back in service. Thanks for the reply.