Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2019 2:46 pm
Sep 11, 2008
430 posts
205 upvotes
Quebec
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 3:42 pm
Some have reported that Koodo called them to force a port, or sent them an order cancellation email since this promo is for moving people from PM to Koodo. But if you choose Port, then it doesn't trigger anything, and you can choose to port or not later.
I ordered one with porting on without. I'll report on that.
pazivai wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 8:37 pm
Well done, nice gain. Will do as suggested
Thanks for sharing this. Might do it see what I get. Anyother existing customers tried to get the deal?
ashihtaka wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 8:51 pm
Was on hold for 3 hours then the phone went to some automated service "due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to take your call" and hung up.
Pretty frustrating
Yeah, it happens when you're too much on hold.
Aug 18, 2010
355 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
ashihtaka wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 8:51 pm
Was on hold for 3 hours then the phone went to some automated service "due to unforeseen circumstances, we are unable to take your call" and hung up.
Pretty frustrating
That’s a first lol
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
2733 posts
3198 upvotes
Ottawa
SumeraIdrees73 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 5:55 pm
So my dad got this offer but doesn't want to switch from PM, can I use his phone number to switch over myself for this promo? I would like to keep my current phone number if possible.

Also, I see a lot of people are going in store and getting a bunch of giftcards for signing up in store. If I want to port my own non-public mobile phone number for this promo can I go in store still?
will888 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 6:02 pm
No the store people play by the rules. Order online and do not interact with human and you will get what you want. As for phone deals, shop for that separately.
This is not true. Perhaps some store will push you to transfer number right away, but they don't have to.
I didn't transfer when I signed up with WOW mobile, told them I still need my old number until the end of the cycle.
May 13, 2006
59 posts
10 upvotes
Whitecourt
I ordered a sim for Koodos public mobile migration offer. Just got a shipping confirmation email.

The thing is that I want to port my existing koodo phone number over to the new plan, and I don't need to keep my public mobile line active. How should I do it? I'm thinking port the old line out to public mobile, then port it immediately back from PM to koodo during the new sim activation.

Would that work?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
8250 posts
2022 upvotes
1.5 hours of waiting and about 30 minutes to do the switch, since I had to port the prepaid number over. Got the credit too.
Ask me about the AMEX Air Miles Reserve Credit Card. A much better way to redeem your Dream Air Miles.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1482 posts
349 upvotes
Edmonton
Congrats to those that get the switch from 8-45 to 5-35 or 8-40. When I called twice I wasn't able to pull it off before I finally caved and bought a code from BST. I guess it's a bit better to get the 180 credit but the plan mattered more. Obviously ymmv for everyone but perfectly legit offer recipients.

I'm not going to watch this thread any more but congrats and good luck to all. Thanks RFD
You can't steal in slow motion
Dec 19, 2011
265 posts
112 upvotes
justasomeone wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 8:17 pm
Took me 5 tries too lol

Persistent is key.

i am on the same $40 - 6 GB plan. What did you ask for in order to get the 8GB plan. Can you please tell us? I tried twice and have been turned down both times.
Mar 16, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Brampton, ON
Can I go to Walmart signup with public mobile for 3 months plan now. After one week with public mobile, and can I approach Koodo to this promo. Any one?
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
1729 posts
704 upvotes
GTA
davidmei wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 11:00 pm
Can I go to Walmart signup with public mobile for 3 months plan now. After one week with public mobile, and can I approach Koodo to this promo. Any one?
1) why would you take the 90 day plan instead of the 30 day plan if you are hoping to migrate to Koodo within weeks ?
2) probably not 1 week; usually 3 weeks or more; but we had seen someone apparently as little as 2 weeks if they did not lie
3) as some people reported, when you know of this type of promo, give it a try anyway even if you have not got the text sent to your future PM number if you decide to do it.

Good luck.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jun 30, 2013
581 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
Succeeded partially. Had to make a compromise, as the supervisor mentioned, he won’t be able to give me 40/8 in place of 45/8. But offered 10% discount as long the lines are active, which includes a previous 45/8 too. He was nice and factual. Indirectly mentioned about sort of directive from up above not to do it. However, they cannot change the plan, but apply discount and add add-ons at subsidized rates. He also mentioned the remarks left on my account by previous supervisor that I should not be offered this. It was done yesterday evening by the supervisor who said it cannot be done, but changed his statement that I am not supposed to get, that’s all.

That certainly proves that it’s based on individual ideosynchrosis. Someone likes bitter sweet should be presented with bitter sweet.

However, on our side, it’s difficult to guess the ideological profile of the supervisor at the other end.

As a general thumb rule, being nice and being humble is the safe play rather than exposing a negotiating profile
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Jan 26, 2012
188 posts
22 upvotes
BRAMPTON
therrol wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:55 pm
I ordered a sim for Koodos public mobile migration offer. Just got a shipping confirmation email.

The thing is that I want to port my existing koodo phone number over to the new plan, and I don't need to keep my public mobile line active. How should I do it? I'm thinking port the old line out to public mobile, then port it immediately back from PM to koodo during the new sim activation.

Would that work?
Did you order this past Friday? You already got a shipping confirmation?
Jun 8, 2018
15 posts
6 upvotes
If I'm with Virgin can I still sign up for this 35$ - 5 Gb ?
Sep 6, 2011
760 posts
1181 upvotes
seafish wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:54 pm
This is not true. Perhaps some store will push you to transfer number right away, but they don't have to.
I didn't transfer when I signed up with WOW mobile, told them I still need my old number until the end of the cycle.
It's a despicable tactic when reps attempt the "you must port now" scheme, when you port, you're 1. not going to get the plan you had with your previous carrier back, 2. not likely to cancel the plan you just purchased, 3. if you signed a 2 year agreement, you're less likely to return it, 1.2.3 is doable but it's extremely inconvenient and a lot of hassle. It's a way of guaranteeing their revenue from the sale.

To combat this, tell them you will need the service side by side for a while as you're already prepaid, and you will not complete the transaction if they insist it must be ported. They will back down and let you sign up without porting.
May 24, 2017
192 posts
89 upvotes
GTA
therrol wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:55 pm

Would that work?
yes that would work.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1001 posts
398 upvotes
Edyrio wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 8:50 pm
I read that some where able to port in a number from an provider other than PM and where able to get the plan using the code they received but without getting the $180 credit. Or did I misunderstand it ?
Don’t think that’s correct. If you got the code you can make a new line using that code and later port in from say Rogers.
If you try and use the code again there won’t get the $180 credit.
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile