Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2020 2:12 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1486 posts
1018 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
love2save wrote: Tried to get my 6gb/$40 upgraded. Hit a brick wall with retention dept.
Still have a text offer to add 6GB for $15 until 29th to make it 12GB/$55.
Undecided currently.
Can anyone tell me if this is an add-on that I can remove at my discretion later or is it a permanent plan change? (Thus losing the 6GB/$40)
How it's incorporated will be the deciding factor.
Thanks.

(The text doesn't specify)
Member
May 4, 2011
456 posts
296 upvotes
You can always just give the wrong info when porting, it will fail then call 1-844 number and ask for new number.
love2save wrote: Can anyone tell me if this is an add-on that I can remove at my discretion later or is it a permanent plan change? (Thus losing the 6GB/$40)
How it's incorporated will be the deciding factor.
Thanks.

(The text doesn't specify)
this has been answered and it clearly says its a add-on lol
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8294 posts
3493 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
isgaard wrote: 1. not going to get the plan you had with your previous carrier back
Anecdotal but not sure how my friend did it. She is on the 120/12GB PM plan, went for the first round price increase threat and went for 40/4GB first round. Had to buy another PM SIM but she was able to go back to 120/12GB, and still is on that plan.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 29, 2007
3277 posts
2461 upvotes
No Bum Deals
ToniCipriani wrote: Anecdotal but not sure how my friend did it. She is on the 120/12GB PM plan, went for the first round price increase threat and went for 40/4GB first round. Had to buy another PM SIM but she was able to go back to 120/12GB, and still is on that plan.
PM still offer this plan if you roll your own.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
Banned
Aug 25, 2018
31 posts
49 upvotes
I have ONE question...

This $40/8GB plan, is it actual $40/8GB, or is it $40/6GB + $0/2GB addon?

I thought it was $40/8GB (leaving my addon slot for future $5/2GB addon), but instead I got $40/6GB + $0/2GB for a total of $40/8GB but using up my data addon slot (cant bump it to 10 later).

Is this intended? or was it done improperly? In my case it was adjusted manually by a supervisor and the guy had told me: $40/8GB multiple times.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3222 posts
716 upvotes
Toronto
I've used my wife's number three times to activate accounts. Now they managed to stop all activations for it, darn!
Member
May 4, 2011
456 posts
296 upvotes
AlexCorniveau wrote: I have ONE question...

This $40/8GB plan, is it actual $40/8GB, or is it $40/6GB + $0/2GB addon?

I thought it was $40/8GB (leaving my addon slot for future $5/2GB addon), but instead I got $40/6GB + $0/2GB for a total of $40/8GB but using up my data addon slot (cant bump it to 10 later).

Is this intended? or was it done improperly? In my case it was adjusted manually by a supervisor and the guy had told me: $40/8GB multiple times.

Thanks
Well you didn't go through the official channel. It is a plan. They didn't do it wrong, just maybe you weren't eligible for the 40/ 8gb and they were nice and gave you a 2gb addon instead to compensate
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32207 posts
18054 upvotes
Ottawa
Sepharite wrote: I've used my wife's number three times to activate accounts. Now they managed to stop all activations for it, darn!
Greed...
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
AlexCorniveau wrote: I have ONE question...

This $40/8GB plan, is it actual $40/8GB, or is it $40/6GB + $0/2GB addon?

I thought it was $40/8GB (leaving my addon slot for future $5/2GB addon), but instead I got $40/6GB + $0/2GB for a total of $40/8GB but using up my data addon slot (cant bump it to 10 later).

Is this intended? or was it done improperly? In my case it was adjusted manually by a supervisor and the guy had told me: $40/8GB multiple times.

Thanks
There should be no ambiguity, the offer would plainly state 35/5gb or 40/8gb. If it didn't plainly state that, it's not what you got.
Best deals:
Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2011
372 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
Magoomba wrote: Please help... my sim card arrived and then I received the activation email.
But when I try to login to self serve, it says
Call in to get this resolved. Happened to me too.
Member
Feb 16, 2007
331 posts
93 upvotes
Ottawa
One last question that I don't think has been answered (but I could be wrong). These plans are definitely LTE data, correct?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1584 posts
794 upvotes
Cambridge
mounties99 wrote: One last question that I don't think has been answered (but I could be wrong). These plans are definitely LTE data, correct?
Yes. I'm getting LTE+ on it right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 13, 2006
3471 posts
3078 upvotes
Muskoka
mounties99 wrote: One last question that I don't think has been answered (but I could be wrong). These plans are definitely LTE data, correct?
Doubt it's the last question but yes, LTE.

But that brings up some other small differences between Koodo and Public Mobile

WiFi calling is available on Koodo postpaid https://www.koodomobile.com/help/wifi-calling
And VOLTE is also available on Koodo www.koodomobile.com/help/voLTE

The above only works for LG V30 or iPhone6 and above.
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2008
2086 posts
1069 upvotes
GTA
mounties99 wrote: One last question that I don't think has been answered (but I could be wrong). These plans are definitely LTE data, correct?
As a matter of fact, It has been answered multiple times and it is LTE.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Newbie
Aug 26, 2018
4 posts
4sorjai wrote: The loophole has been fixed. You can no longer use the same code twice to get the 2nd line without the $180 credit.
Thanks. I will use this one for her then and wait for the next round myself. There will definitely be a next one cause they really want to us to move to Koodo.

Top