Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Koodo

Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2020 11:17 am
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2440 posts
735 upvotes
Anyone know how they typically set up multiple lines for 1 account? I initially made separate orders using different email accounts so I could keep them separate, but they called today and told me both lines had to be under one account. *shrug*

Think I'll get 2 separate activation emails? 1 for each line?
Sep 22, 2007
200 posts
191 upvotes
justasomeone wrote: Anyone else get a call from webstore? I just got a voicemail from them.. they want to do further "investigation".. hmm lol
You must have pissed off Karim! :-)
Last edited by drceo on Aug 30th, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 28, 2018
6 posts
Chronic1974 wrote: Omg, after waiting for 1.5hrs, El Salvador rep and non-supervisor gave me Bonus 2GB for Life in addition to my Manitoba $48 plan. Previous El Salvador supervisor was only able to give me Bonus 1GB for life.
After my employee 25% discount works out to be $36/7GB! He even gave me a $50 credit towards a new phone! Happy, Happy, day!! Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign

And only my second call in too. Thumbs Up SignSmiling Face With Smiling EyesThumbs Up Sign
How did you go about with the request in the call? Did you immediately go ask the rep to change to the $40/8gb plan or did you give other reasons?
Seems like most of the first level reps are aware about people on 40/6 trying to change to 40/8 and are now given a blanket no answer..
Aug 13, 2018
58 posts
41 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: They will send you an email to start setting up your self-serve account. I think everything is just delayed due to all these orders.
Do you or anyone else know how much of a delay I should expect between receiving the SIM card and the activation email? I kind of thought the activation email would arrive before the SIM card, as that would make more sense. Do you think if I put the SIM card into my phone now it would work?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3580 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
I finally got everything straightened out. It took me like 5 calls over a week period calling both the main 800 number and the webstore number. Ultimately called the 800 number AGAIN and said enough is enough.

Basically, I got in on the JOINKOODOCRT $45/8GB earlier this month and after ordering on the 21st, I got the text that is the subject of this thread. I said that all I want to do is swap promos since I just got my sim yesterday for the old promo and haven't even unpacked it yet. CSR escalated to a manager and in the end, we just swapped it and he activated/ported my PM number over the phone. I had to eat a $14 loss in PM credits but glad it's all over. So, it works out to $40/8GB, minus $15 per month for the $180 in credits. Provided I didn't mess it up, me and my referral (thx man, you know who you are) should net another $50 as well.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
May 14, 2013
735 posts
1386 upvotes
Do not lose hope $45/8GB or $40/6GB members!

I had both lines (8GB and 6GB) on one account and was flat out rejected 4 separate times in the last week to switch to $40/8gb. They kept saying they would switch me if they could, but it was impossible for them to change as the only way to apply that plan is through the porting promo. But they were able to add 2GB on my $40 plan for 24 months and 10% discount on my $45 line for 25 months (effectively $40/8gb on both). But I didn't like the 24 month expiration (even though they said it automatically renews).

I noticed members posting yesterday that they had luck switching to $40/8GB plan, so I tried again today. After a brief hold and wiithout much hesitation from the CSR, both lines were switched to $40/8GB. I basically told them that many of my friends were in the same position and somehow was able to switch to the $40/8gb plan, but it was impossible for me?

Either they are becoming more lenient, or something happened in the past few days allowing them to switch to the plan in the system. OR maybe it's completely random luck and dependent on the Rep you get.
Dec 21, 2013
9 posts
1 upvote
London
Spoke to a buddy who works in the industry, Koodo retail rep said that it can take up to 6 months of consecutive service through PM in order to get one of these promotions from Koodo.
Sep 6, 2017
166 posts
57 upvotes
a little offtopic but where's the best place to get a public mobile simcard in Scarborough? if someone can point me to the right thread, thanks.
Feb 22, 2015
55 posts
7 upvotes
Nepean, ON
mikealexander wrote: Spoke to a buddy who works in the industry, Koodo retail rep said that it can take up to 6 months of consecutive service through PM in order to get one of these promotions from Koodo.
Not true. A buddy of mine bought a PM sim early July and he got this offer.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3741 posts
3508 upvotes
suhail1724 wrote: a little offtopic but where's the best place to get a public mobile simcard in Scarborough? if someone can point me to the right thread, thanks.
Not familiar with the area but any Walmart or WOW mobile.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
mikealexander wrote: Spoke to a buddy who works in the industry, Koodo retail rep said that it can take up to 6 months of consecutive service through PM in order to get one of these promotions from Koodo.
Your buddy either lied, or doesn't know shit.
4 lines with PM for a month (a few days shy of a full month) and all lines received the text message.
Aug 13, 2018
58 posts
41 upvotes
I was with PM for 5 days and got one of these offers. Sounds like this buddy of yours who works in the industry is just trying to keep his commissions from churning away.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2010
1448 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto
WEBSTORE FTW!! Approved my 2nd order and gave me bill credits for my main account.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2007
6371 posts
6733 upvotes
Center of Canada
vkizzle wrote: Your buddy either lied, or doesn't know shit.
4 lines with PM for a month (a few days shy of a full month) and all lines received the text message.
I actually activated a PM line on Aug 27 hopping for the best to happen
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
justasomeone wrote: WEBSTORE FTW!! Approved my 2nd order and gave me bill credits for my main account.
What was the investigation about?
I love RFD! :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
cheapshopper wrote: I actually activated a PM line on Aug 27 hopping for the best to happen
Try your number before the promo ends, just in case :)
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20465 upvotes
More like 6 days.
Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $29/30GB, $24/4GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii, HSBC customer
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2010
1448 posts
2156 upvotes
Toronto
yo2boy wrote: What was the investigation about?
Apparently credit card bureau wanted to confirm if it was me. Weird though, I didn't have a problem ordering a 45/8 line. Might have been too many in a short period of time and they just wanted verification
Nov 26, 2015
624 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto, ON
when will walmart throw bonus gift cards on top of the regular one? from tomorrow or Saturday?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2836 posts
2775 upvotes
Ottawa
suhail1724 wrote: a little offtopic but where's the best place to get a public mobile simcard in Scarborough? if someone can point me to the right thread, thanks.
orbitdesign wrote: Not familiar with the area but any Walmart or WOW mobile.
If you want to buy the SIM alone without having to activate in store, make sure you call ahead. Some locations will do that, some will not - you could save yourself a lot of hassle.
I am a current Public Mobile customer and Koodo customer.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)