Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1996 posts
1320 upvotes
Ottawa
da_guy2 wrote: If you BYOP it's an additional $15 off for 12 months. So you's pay $20 for your first year.
I just tested and the $180 credit (I.e., $15/month off for 12 months) is available for small and medium tab phones too, not just BYOP (at least on the S9 and S9+, I didn't test any other phones).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
2865 posts
2199 upvotes
Toronto
scorpionkami wrote: Just spoke to them to transfer me from $45 8GB to $40 8GB. No go!
thanks im hanging up now
Sep 11, 2008
501 posts
256 upvotes
Quebec
akalic wrote: I haven't received my SIM card in the mail for the $45/8gb switch a few days ago. Am i still eligible?
Yes. Call them and tell them to put the new promo code. Someone else posted about this.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2006
9327 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
For those actually with PM, this is a good deal.

For those actually not with PM and got the $45/8GB plan through other means either through a friend's number or web progamming, don't feel bad, I tried using non-targeted numbers and it didn't work.
Jul 29, 2016
74 posts
12 upvotes
I assume you hadn't revived the shipping email yet when you called to switch from 45 to 40 plan?
Dec 13, 2014
24 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is there a page for terms and condition? I want to know if they are able to increase the monthly price after a certain amount of months. Or is the price locked in forever
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1251 posts
377 upvotes
Winnipeg
scorpionkami wrote: Just spoke to them to transfer me from $45 8GB to $40 8GB. No go!
I am giving a try however on a hold for an hour...let u know..
Dec 13, 2014
24 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
yo2boy wrote: Here are the plan descriptions from Koodo when you enter a valid phone number:

koodo_plan1.PNG
koodo_plan2.PNG
Is there a page for terms and condition? I want to know if they are able to increase the monthly price after a certain amount of months. Or is the price locked in forever
Nov 12, 2014
827 posts
558 upvotes
Kingston, ON
If my parents got this text can I use their PM number just like the $45/8GB thread and then port my current non-PM number? Likely but just wondering. Thanks!
May 30, 2015
611 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BinaryJay wrote: Here is my problem with these deals still.

If I switch to this Koodo plan (which is finally actually better value than I get from public mobile), how long is it going to last until they crank up the price and you start wishing you had that PM 12GB 90 day plan again?

never in my life I paid more or got less after a promo ended. It is always more "data and/or minutes" for less money.
Oct 30, 2016
33 posts
24 upvotes
Deimos42 wrote: I know we can't get a refund on our Public plans, but I remember people mention that they successfully transferred account balance from Public to Koodo. Can anyone verify that?

Also, is there any benefit to ordering online right now? I want to switch in store to avoid shipping delays.
The OFFICIAL answer is the money on your account has already been used to renew your plan or purchase add-ons, so no transfer. If for some reason your account had a positive balance on it, that can be transferred. However, if you're willing to sit on hold you MIGHT get lucky with a CSR, but it's very hit and miss - and more miss the more people switch over.

Online you save paying the $30 for your sim in store, but then you have your phone right away. There is (or was) a code that would waive that fee, but again hit or miss if they'll allow it or even know about it.

Not sure if it's available at Wow/Walmart/TMS/etc - where a gift card could offset that $30.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
3946 posts
347 upvotes
WorldIRC wrote: People need to smarten up. Seriously. IP addresses are stamped on every post they make and people think it is OK to openly discussing illegitimately accessing a carrier database to obtain access to a promotion.
How dramatic can you be? This is capitalism
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1403 posts
294 upvotes
Omg, this is crazy. $35 for 5GB. Do you know if you can port a Koodo number to another Koodo phone? Is there any technical problem with this?
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3014 posts
1140 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote: I feel sad that i switched when it was 40 for 6gb but on the other hand i got the 100 credit +300 from referrals.
Thank you for giving me perspective. I totally forgot about the sign up bonuses. I am happy about my deal again.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.