Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Jan 27, 2007
579 posts
413 upvotes
Slono wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:37 pm
New has nothing to do with private messaging anybody with a referral link. Good luck with the referral though!
I was helping the guy with answer about his referral question about him and his brother referring one another, and did not provide him or PM him any links.
By the way, you PMd me asking for referral 2 weeks ago and I wasn't even a Koodo customer then.

I know the rules and you attacked me for no reason.
Feb 3, 2017
22 posts
22 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:41 pm
There you go! That's what they should do to all who just signed up for the $45 plan. Think of the support time saved and the goodwill it would produce. There can't be that many since it was a targeted promo and short lived
I was already planning to call today and ask for the $40 plan lol
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28349 posts
14147 upvotes
Ottawa
Paradoxical wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:15 pm
why are they still offering the plans on public if they want people to migrate to koodoo?
the public plans offered seem trash (3G data??) which is incomparable to Zoomer's LTE, what is their incentive for getting people to switch to the better koodoo plan? arent they better off taking more $$ and providing shittier service via public?
Zoomer hasn't been competitive for the last 2yrs.
You don't notice the difference of 3G (LTE lite) versus regular LTE.
We ported 4 lines out of Zoomer to PM for a few days shy of a month and all lines received this promo.
I was paying $45 for 4GB and now paying $40 ($30.20 for the first year) for 8GB.

I think it's time for you to make your move also.
Last edited by vkizzle on Aug 28th, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa
Kurtz7834 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 11:31 am
Can I go through WOW Mobile, get the A8 and $350 gift card, plus the $180 bill credit? Has anyone tried this?
idkdontask wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 11:43 am
most likely all the GC from walmart/wow are gone now wait for this comin weekend see anymore GC for sign up.
The Mobile Shop has ongoing bonuses (they told me it's a credit, but others have also mentioned getting PC Optimum points) - apparently it changes hour to hour, but if you want to sign up before the weekend you could stop in at your local TMS and ask. They have a trade-in credit of $50 for an old phone too - could be any old phone, even a flip phone. Find a current customer for a $50 referral credit and all of a sudden all these bonuses and credits can eat a big chunk out of your up front cost for the phone.

I'm not 100% sure, but when I signed up at Walmart I got a phone with a $150 GC back, and it looks like I'll still get the $180 migration bonus (I have to wait for my first bill for confirmation in writing - but it did show on his screen as he was processing everything). You could always call a Walmart or whatever and ask them to confirm, too (just use your judgment to decide how much the salesperson knows their stuff - lots of people have received misinformation or wrong answers from in-store staff - which makes sense, they have a dozen different carriers' plans and offers to keep track of, and those plans and offers are changing daily and sometimes even hourly).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa
Paradoxical wrote:
why are they still offering the plans on public if they want people to migrate to koodoo?
the public plans offered seem trash (3G data??) which is incomparable to Zoomer's LTE, what is their incentive for getting people to switch to the better koodoo plan? arent they better off taking more $$ and providing shittier service via public?
Slono wrote:
Public Mobile offers more data on slower speeds. A lot of people don't care about lightning fast speeds and would rather have lots of data. Public Mobile's plans are decent for what you pay and getting them to port to Koodo with way better plans is easy otherwise these threads wouldn't exist.
Yeah, PM's "3G speeds" are really just an LTE connection capped at 3 Mbps. In my experience, it was indistinguishable from the speeds I'd been getting from full LTE on Fido (I mostly do email, web browsing, Facebook - that sort of thing - but even a few YouTube videos I streamed on PM's "3G speeds" played without issue).
Feb 25, 2007
239 posts
85 upvotes
Signed up for the $45/8gb plan last Monday. Got shipping notice yesterday and Activation today. Additionally got the following e-mail:
We hope you're doing well!

We'd like to inform you that your new line (###) ###-#### was activated with the $45 rate plan for 8 GB of data and unlimited minutes; once the line was created, the new promotional Public Mobile to Koodo rate plan of $40 for the same amount of data and unlimited minutes was applied.

We have also applied the $180.00 bill credit over 12 months (so $15/month) that comes with this new promotion and it should take effect from your next bill.

We thank you for choosing Koodo and we wish you a great day!
I had not contacted them because the long times everyone was saying, but looks like they are starting to get proactive!
Apr 14, 2018
105 posts
119 upvotes
Geez, they're only working on orders placed last Monday? This is going to be a long wait...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3275 upvotes
NavieM wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:21 pm
Finally got a call back from a supervisor to try to switch my plan from 6GB to 8GB and dude was rude af.
Told me there’s no way possible that it can be done, even though I “heard” from a friend that he got it that it’s probably not true and if I saw it on social media it doesn’t mean that it’s true or not true.

I didn’t mention anything about social media but he must’ve had tons of calls about rfd users getting the 8GB plan or 2GB addon to even bring that up.

Also said if I call back to talk to a different supervisor the result would be the same.
I wish people would post the names of bad reps so that we know not to deal with them. It’s one thing to be denied; it’s another for a rep to be aggressively undiplomatic. Plus we all know the person you spoke to was lying to you. They’re being told not to do it for you. It’s not as though they can’t. And they certainly know that others have had their plans switched. In general, I can respect people who are honest with me: “Hey, I would love to give you this plan, but I can’t because I’ll get in trouble; and I can’t afford to be fired.” I could understand someone saying that to me.

@NavieM If you want, you can PM me, and I’ll give you the name of someone who was nice to my relative. Maybe you can call in and ask to speak to that supervisor instead. I won’t post the name publically because I don’t want that supervisor to be reprimanded. I can’t guarantee she can do anything for you, but I doubt she’ll be rude at least.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Aug 28th, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Feb 4, 2007
439 posts
255 upvotes
Watoko wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:57 pm
Geez, they're only working on orders placed last Monday? This is going to be a long wait...
On the phone now switching. My agent asked for my order number, so he could give it directly to a colleague of his in the processing centre??? Still need to get that SIM shipped out though :}

Learned something interesting though... my agent told me that Public Mobile is merging into Koodo, so having customers switch over themselves will ease the process of handling automatically (maybe with some user confirmations of sorts??) of PM plans merged into Koodo.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1106 posts
935 upvotes
GTA
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:47 pm
I was helping the guy with answer about his referral question about him and his brother referring one another, and did not provide him or PM him any links.
By the way, you PMd me asking for referral 2 weeks ago and I wasn't even a Koodo customer then.

I know the rules and you attacked me for no reason.
I didn’t attack you it was a reminder. Yes, I did message a few people a couple weeks ago and found out today that what I had done was wrong.

Don’t be heart broken. Don’t feel attacked.
Jan 27, 2007
579 posts
413 upvotes
Webslinger wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:59 pm
I wish people would post the names of bad reps so that we know not to deal with them.
Yeah but then it'll be awkward. "Can I speak to your supervisor but not Matt nor Tom nor Felicia nor Stacy nor Brittney". ☺
Aug 27, 2018
1 posts
I'm currently on the Sask/MB 5GB/$48 plan. I'm thinking of switching to the 4.5GB/$40 with PM, in hopes of another promotion like this one in the future.. If there is another promotion, and I port in the number from Koodo to PM and back to Koodo, does anyone have any insight into whether I will have any issues switching back (as I live in Alberta)?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa
Mysticode wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:05 pm
On the phone now switching. My agent asked for my order number, so he could give it directly to a colleague of his in the processing centre??? Still need to get that SIM shipped out though :}

Learned something interesting though... my agent told me that Public Mobile is merging into Koodo, so having customers switch over themselves will ease the process of handling automatically (maybe with some user confirmations of sorts??) of PM plans merged into Koodo.
I'm guessing the agent mixed up PC Mobile with Public Mobile. PC Mobile customers are all moving to Koodo on October 2:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/05/24/pc-m ... ess-plans/
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3054 posts
498 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:07 pm
Yeah but then it'll be awkward. "Can I speak to your supervisor but not Matt nor Tom nor Felicia nor Stacy nor Brittney". ☺
Not awkward at all..
Nov 1, 2016
106 posts
79 upvotes
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:49 pm
Zoomer hasn't been competitive for the last 2yrs.
You don't notice the difference of 3G (LTE lite) versus regular LTE.
We ported 4 lines out of Zoomer to PM for a few days shy of a month and all lines received this promo.
I was paying $45 for 4GB and now paying $40 ($30.20 for the first year) for 8GB.

I think it's time for you to make your move also.

Yeah i used the promo for this on a friends number to sign up for the $35 plan but didn't get the 180 credit, if it doesnt work out i will probably switch to public mobile and hope for a koodoo offer cause im getting sick of zoomer too. which current PM plan would you recommend I get on to have a good chance for the next offer from koodoo?

thanks man