Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 10:30 am
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3275 upvotes
Zaptor99 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:07 pm
Yeah but then it'll be awkward. "Can I speak to your supervisor but not Matt nor Tom nor Felicia nor Stacy nor Brittney". ☺
Don’t say that. Just ask to speak to a supervisor. Then get the name when the supervisor finally comes on the line. If it’s a known jerk, don’t waste your time: make an excuse, and end the call.

And definitely give rude reps poor feedback if you receive a survey. Give nice reps excellent ratings.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Aug 28th, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Nov 24, 2016
720 posts
720 upvotes
fch wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:38 pm
I have 2 eligible lines for this promo. I will only be moving 1 line as I am paying $36 for 90/$120/12GB plan. On the other line I am only paying $23 dollars after loyalty 3 years and referrals.

If I sign up for BYOD with koodo online for one of the lines on 5GB/$35 plan..will I be eligible to get a phone on Medium Tab later on or Medium Tab only applies 1 time at signup and this plan will only be eligible for small Tab?

I did not got the txt and nothing when txting 5130 but both numbers are eligible on koodo website as we have these plans simce 2016 PM promo. Can I activate at walmart or WOW Mobile and get a phone like galaxy A8 for almost free or they are going to give me hassle as they have to see the txt even though numbers are eligible and I will be porting the number from PM to koodo?
The plan is eligible for a tab medium/ tab small on signup and you can get whatever signup offer at a retailer i.e the A8 deal you are talking about. If you choose the byop route here is the problem that might happen. When you add a phone to the account it will remove whatever "special credit you have" the 180 monthly thing, You could call back and explain the situation in which case they may or may not credit you.
Nov 12, 2014
728 posts
473 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Webslinger wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:13 pm
Don’t say that. Just ask to speak to a supervisor. Then get the name. If it’s a known jerk, don’t waste your time: make an excuse, and end the call.

And definitely give rude reps poor feedback if you receive a survey. Give nice reps excellent ratings.
Yeah but people are waiting 1-3 hours on hold....just to hang up?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3275 upvotes
QN5252 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:14 pm
Yeah but people are waiting 1-3 hours on hold....just to hang up?
You’re just wasting more time by dealing with an aggressively angry rep.

I wish a list of really mean reps were listed in other deal threads as well (Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc.) so that we’d know who not to waste time with. It did help me in a Rogers internet deal thread once when I was trying to negotiate for a friend.

Anyway, I was posting out of sympathy for @NavieM . Rude reps really annoy me. Again, if @NavieM wants, you can PM me for the name of a rep that was nice to a relative.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Aug 28th, 2018 1:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2779 posts
1174 upvotes
Mississauga
Anyone get their shipping emails yet?
I love RFD! :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28087 posts
13901 upvotes
Ottawa
Paradoxical wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:11 pm
Yeah i used the promo for this on a friends number to sign up for the $35 plan but didn't get the 180 credit, if it doesnt work out i will probably switch to public mobile and hope for a koodoo offer cause im getting sick of zoomer too. which current PM plan would you recommend I get on to have a good chance for the next offer from koodoo?

thanks man
We were all on the $40/4.5GB plan.
Hoping something even better comes up, I've decided to also open a new $10 PM line, despite this plan not being targeted directly for migration offers.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28087 posts
13901 upvotes
Ottawa
yo2boy wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:19 pm
Nope, nothing other than the confirmation email that was sent last Fri.
Nov 12, 2014
728 posts
473 upvotes
Kingston, ON
yo2boy wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:19 pm
A few pages back someone said they just received their shipping email and they registered on the last promo August 20th - so, looks like they are about a week behind.
May 3, 2010
61 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
For those who got a 125$(?) credit for a new device when you called in... Did they apply it to your account or give you a promo code?

I'm looking to get the p20 pro but looking for a bit of a discount on it!
Jul 11, 2018
699 posts
498 upvotes
MastaOogway wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:13 pm
The plan is eligible for a tab medium/ tab small on signup and you can get whatever signup offer at a retailer i.e the A8 deal you are talking about. If you choose the byop route here is the problem that might happen. When you add a phone to the account it will remove whatever "special credit you have" the 180 monthly thing, You could call back and explain the situation in which case they may or may not credit you.
Yep. I would just say a general rule is to assume that if you're on a BYOD or grandfathered plan post-financing, upon financing a new device, just expect the terms/plan to change.
Best deals:
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1302 posts
773 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
QN5252 wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:47 am
Do you use even close to 12GB? If not, I'd continue to try and get upgraded to 8GB for $40.
aintic wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:58 am
I'd say it's more like don't jump on that unless you're a really heavy data user. Most people don't need 15GB of data. Why pay more for what you don't need anyway?
Slono wrote:
Aug 27th, 2018 9:49 am
Whaaaat? $55/12GB is already pretty good. People with previous promos are paying $75/15GB. I'd jump on that unless you're a light data user.
I grabbed the extra 6GB add-on while it's offered on my wife's line. If it becomes a waste of money, I'll ditch it.
For now.......She can go nuts on her shinny new G6 for at least a month! Face With Tears Of Joy
May 28, 2012
118 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
shaiedge wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 1:31 pm
For those who got a 125$(?) credit for a new device when you called in... Did they apply it to your account or give you a promo code?

I'm looking to get the p20 pro but looking for a bit of a discount on it!
it will apply to ur account after u make an upgrade, offer last for 90days before expires.
Jun 30, 2013
586 posts
239 upvotes
GTA
If you get a supervisor named “Don” he will of course do something, even that is least possible. He won't be rude or giving giving corporate BS.
Last edited by pazivai on Aug 28th, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only response to real deals, otherwise I am blank
  1. Koodo 40/8 Line 1
  2. PM 50/8 N/American Talk Line 3
  3. Koodo 40.5/8 Line 2
  4. Koodo 40/8 Line 4

Self Referral Tips for Koodo - https://forums.redflagdeals.com/koodo-3 ... #p29790634
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
12831 posts
3493 upvotes
Toronto
cappaj wrote:
Aug 28th, 2018 12:51 pm
The Mobile Shop has ongoing bonuses (they told me it's a credit, but others have also mentioned getting PC Optimum points) - apparently it changes hour to hour, but if you want to sign up before the weekend you could stop in at your local TMS and ask. They have a trade-in credit of $50 for an old phone too - could be any old phone, even a flip phone. Find a current customer for a $50 referral credit and all of a sudden all these bonuses and credits can eat a big chunk out of your up front cost for the phone.

I'm not 100% sure, but when I signed up at Walmart I got a phone with a $150 GC back, and it looks like I'll still get the $180 migration bonus (I have to wait for my first bill for confirmation in writing - but it did show on his screen as he was processing everything). You could always call a Walmart or whatever and ask them to confirm, too (just use your judgment to decide how much the salesperson knows their stuff - lots of people have received misinformation or wrong answers from in-store staff - which makes sense, they have a dozen different carriers' plans and offers to keep track of, and those plans and offers are changing daily and sometimes even hourly).
Thx for the info. What phone did you get at WM that came with a $150 card? I'd like to get a new phone, either to give to family or resell, but the deals on the Koodo site are pretty meh.

There's nothing I can get on Tab Medium that will be an upgrade to my Redmi Note 5 pro.