Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
May 16, 2006
3947 posts
347 upvotes
For those that signed up with the promo from last week, but haven't received the SIM card, or have, but haven't activated, can we call in to get this plan, or do we just order another SIM card because they're free anyways?
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2009
3019 posts
1144 upvotes
Mr_A wrote: I just activated the $10 plan on PM yesterday. Have not received the txt with the offer yet.

Do I need to wait to receive the txt or should I try online if the number is eligible for the offer?
Absolutely no harm in trying.
Current cell plans:
Fido $15 3gb
Koodo $40 for 5GB Public Mobile migration plan.

Affordable wireless is possible, just takes some creativity.
Nov 21, 2015
90 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
How is the download speed/reception with Koodo? Is it similar to PM? I assume they both use the Telus line..
Sep 5, 2009
244 posts
46 upvotes
very interesting..not all PM numbers are eligible. I tried three numbers with 30 day pre-paid plans and all declined !
Aug 31, 2015
24 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
aleks416 wrote: I didn't get the email for the $45 8GB but I saw the thread on here (thank you OP) so I went onto the website, added the code and entered my number and it worked. I signed up for the plan and sent a request online for my SIM card and I have not received an email yet as it was done Monday night. I tried going to the Koodo site and adding the new code from this thread but it won't accept my number. I was on a different PM plan so I am assuming they are targeting a different PM plan. Has anyone else had this issue where the new code won't accept their number. That being the case, has anyone called in an successfully had them match the plan because I don't want to have to waste my time if there is no point.
I'm on the same boat as you. The retail store clerk told me that if you still haven't received the $45/8G sim card or activation email, you can send an order cancellation email to koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com with your order number to cancel that order first. Once you are confirmed it's cancelled, you can then using the the code from this thread to either apply online or in a retail.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2046 posts
1012 upvotes
GTA
shampygarg wrote: I am giving a try however on a hold for an hour...let u know..
I have been on hold for over 35 minutes; I am sure many people are calling right now. Think I would call again in the next day or two.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Deal Addict
May 14, 2006
1002 posts
394 upvotes
GTA
This is bananas, I'm sitting here waiting for my activation email and Koodo goes and does this.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9382 posts
4101 upvotes
6ix
Mr_A wrote: I just activated the $10 plan on PM yesterday. Have not received the txt with the offer yet.

Do I need to wait to receive the txt or should I try online if the number is eligible for the offer?
People mentioned in previous pages they weren't eligible but you can try.
Koodo $40 8GB
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15623 posts
2415 upvotes
Toronto

It is unlikely that this offer will be sent to people that recently joined PM or are on a voice/text base plan.

You can try your number but it is unlikely to work.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9382 posts
4101 upvotes
6ix
Riderz1337 wrote: How is the download speed/reception with Koodo? Is it similar to PM? I assume they both use the Telus line..
What are you downloading on your phone? Winking Face
Koodo $40 8GB
Jul 2, 2014
173 posts
38 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Currently with Telus 60/10GB plan. Do you think I may be eligible if I purchase and activate a Public Mobile sim card today?

Thx,
V
Jun 30, 2017
40 posts
6 upvotes
mbutuk wrote: The OFFICIAL answer is the money on your account has already been used to renew your plan or purchase add-ons, so no transfer. If for some reason your account had a positive balance on it, that can be transferred. However, if you're willing to sit on hold you MIGHT get lucky with a CSR, but it's very hit and miss - and more miss the more people switch over.

Online you save paying the $30 for your sim in store, but then you have your phone right away. There is (or was) a code that would waive that fee, but again hit or miss if they'll allow it or even know about it.

Not sure if it's available at Wow/Walmart/TMS/etc - where a gift card could offset that $30.
Cool, thanks for answering.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2002
1132 posts
450 upvotes
Vancouver
This is a very targeted offer. Tested some PM numbers I have and none of them qualified.

Definitely not as widespread offer as previous ones.

EDIT - tested the rest of PM numbers and 3 out of 10+ lines qualified.
Last edited by brucele on Aug 25th, 2018 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1348 posts
302 upvotes
Ottawa, On
Any advantage to signing up online vs in store? I'd prefer not waiting for shipping on my sim as I'm going away in a week or so and their site says "Heads up! Due to the high number of orders, your phone may take up to 5 to 7 business days to be processed. Sit tight! We're working as fast as we can."
Dec 15, 2017
191 posts
116 upvotes
da_guy2 wrote: Any advantage to signing up online vs in store? I'd prefer not waiting for shipping on my sim as I'm going away in a week or so and their site says "Heads up! Due to the high number of orders, your phone may take up to 5 to 7 business days to be processed. Sit tight! We're working as fast as we can."
$0 activation online, $30 in store.