Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Oct 17, 2010
516 posts
251 upvotes
Vancouver
jigz787 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 10:34 pm
Those calling and trying to switch 40/6 GB from March to 40/8 it is not just about getting the right person.. Sometimes also depends how much revenue they have received from you..

The supervisor declined to do anything for me and straight away told me that I haven't paid anything since I moved to Koodo ( that is because I had enough referral credits ).
Well.. I'll have to use alternatives I guess.
Thats not a fair excuse. Did you mention you deserve all those credit becuase of x amount of customers you brought to the network therefore you're well deserve the 8gb plan?
Last edited by Tobsterboi on Aug 30th, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Virgin Mobile $40 6gb S8+
Public Mobile $38 5gb iPhone 8+
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1337 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I am planning to move to Koodo.
Is it possible to give the existing pm plan (and the remaining unused balance) to someone else and keep their current number?
Thank in advance
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1684 posts
1254 upvotes
Toronto
luckiecookie wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:03 am
I am planning to move to Koodo.
Is it possible to give the existing pm plan (and the remaining unused balance) to someone else and keep their current number?
Thank in advance
You would lose the number that is on the current PM plan as porting it would cancel the account.

You can port someone elses number onto your PM plan after you setup your Koodo account (you need to order online and wait for the activation email so you are not FORCED to port your PM number which would cancel the account), but it would require you getting a brand new number from Koodo as the number on the current PM plan would be lost.

So in summary....

If you want to keep the phone number that is currently on your PM account and bring it to Koodo, you will lose the PM plan so you can't give it to anyone.

If you don't care about that phone number currently on your PM acc and are willing to lose it, then yes, you can use that # to get the Koodo plan, get a brand new Koodo #, and have your friend or whoever you want to give the PM plan to port their number onto ur PM plan.
Last edited by BengaliPrince on Aug 30th, 2018 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 17, 2014
52 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Today I got the $40/8GB from the $45/8GB, no credit unfortunately.

Will try to get the credit tomorrow.

Any tips?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7071 posts
3263 upvotes
Kootenays
criveros87 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:11 am
Today I got the $40/8GB from the $45/8GB, no credit unfortunately.

Will try to get the credit tomorrow.

Any tips?
Snivel and whine?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1337 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
BengaliPrince wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:08 am
You would lose the number that is on the current PM plan as porting it would cancel the account.

You can port someone elses number onto your PM plan after you setup your Koodo account (you need to order online and wait for the activation email so you are not FORCED to port your PM number which would cancel the account), but it would require you getting a brand new number from Koodo as the number on the current PM plan would be lost.
Thanks for the reply but I am a bit confused.

My plan is to go to Walmart to get a new phone and port my existing number to Koodo.
Once it's ported. I can port my relative's number to my existing PM plan.
does this work?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
10603 posts
9743 upvotes
4sorjai wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 10:57 pm
Anyone having trouble paying Koodo bills with prepaid visa/mc?
No problem at all.
pooper wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 11:03 pm
Make sure you go to the prepaid cc website (on card) enter the digits then add your post code.
I used my Vanilla Visa GC without registration. I just use "For You", which is printed on the card, as my name.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Koodo $25 plan, Public Mobile $37 5GB, $13 250MB, $7 50min/50text,
Zoomer loyalty family plan for 3 lines $95/6GB, $0 FPL home phone
Dec 17, 2014
52 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto, ON
embguy wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:18 am
No problem at all.

I used my Vanilla Visa GC without registration. I just use "For You", which is printed on the card, as my name.
I use Paytm and have my MC on there.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
1684 posts
1254 upvotes
Toronto
luckiecookie wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:16 am
Thanks for the reply but I am a bit confused.

My plan is to go to Walmart to get a new phone and port my existing number to Koodo.
Once it's ported. I can port my relative's number to my existing PM plan.
does this work?
When you port your existing PM number to Koodo, your PM account is automatically cancelled.

You will lose all credits and the plan.

However, if you send a public mobile staff a message on their community forum, they can transfer any credits you had on your PM account onto your Koodo account.

It can take upto 3 billing cycles for it to show up. and they have to be actual credits on the account and not earned from rewards.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6198 posts
1052 upvotes
I'm sure it's been posted but I can't search through all this.

I have a Koodo account now.
Just got the $40/8gb sim card/new number.

I'd like to move my current koodo # to this new plan.

Steps.
1. Buy Koodo prepaid sim card
2. Do I need to buy credits to activate it?
3. Register this new card online?
4. Then port over the number online?
5. Wait 1 hour
6. Register the new $40 plan sim card
7. Port over the prepaid number

Are those the steps?
TIA
Feb 17, 2009
98 posts
3 upvotes
I want to Port my number to kodoo. When I called Walmart they said they can sign me up for the promo.
Not sure I understand what u r saying abt online activation
cappaj wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 9:34 pm
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18635 posts
6656 upvotes
Toronto
canadiankorean wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:39 am
I'm sure it's been posted but I can't search through all this.

I have a Koodo account now.
Just got the $40/8gb sim card/new number.

I'd like to move my current koodo # to this new plan.

Steps.
1. Buy Koodo prepaid sim card
2. Do I need to buy credits to activate it?
3. Register this new card online?
4. Then port over the number online?
5. Wait 1 hour
6. Register the new $40 plan sim card
7. Port over the prepaid number

Are those the steps?
TIA
Why not use Public Mobile instead of Koodo prepaid. Since this deal gets you a free SIM card, your cost is minimized.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Dec 22, 2016
20 posts
11 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 12:46 am
Why not use Public Mobile instead of Koodo prepaid. Since this deal gets you a free SIM card, your cost is minimized.
Does your number get released instantly for porting back into Koodo post-paid also if you use PM instead of Koodo prepaid?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 3, 2002
9417 posts
3275 upvotes
jigz787 wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 10:34 pm
Those calling and trying to switch 40/6 GB from March to 40/8 it is not just about getting the right person.. Sometimes also depends how much revenue they have received from you..

The supervisor declined to do anything for me and straight away told me that I haven't paid anything since I moved to Koodo ( that is because I had enough referral credits ).
Well.. I'll have to use alternatives I guess.

What you were told was a fabricated excuse. I know someone who switched from $40/6GB to $40/8GB, has yet to pay a dime to Koodo, and still has referral credit sitting on the account. It’s not your fault that you made legitimate referrals and gave Koodo extra business in return.

A rep is either willing to help you or not. Most reps in El Salvador won’t, as far as I can tell.
Last edited by Guest1284983 on Aug 30th, 2018 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please do not PM me for tech support. I help out on the forums when I can. Thank you.
OBi200/202 Freephonline PDF guide (version 1.60) can be found here. OBi200 info can be found here. For OBi202 info, click here.
May 24, 2017
280 posts
199 upvotes
GTA
DonMurphyCanada wrote:
Aug 29th, 2018 11:26 pm
Is the 1000minute us add on a monthly or a one time charge. If 1000 minutes never expire worth it.
to be honest, not sure. I believe it is 1000min per month. And mix of different countries. I don't recall which ones. Ill get in touch with friend later today to check on the detail.