Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1702 posts
506 upvotes
GTA
angryboy wrote: This is the main reason I am switching to Koodo aside from amazing promo.
It's the 3G. Everything hinting towards them scrapping the LTE and moving to 3G like Chatr.
It is an LTE connection, just reduced speed. so unless you need the speed 3mbit speed is perfect for a lot of people.
Aug 2, 2015
244 posts
152 upvotes
HankLeTank wrote: So can we assume that they will not honor the plan if they don't ship the sim card on time? (eg. If we don't get sim cards to activate before Sept. 5)

Got the order confirmation but no shipping notice yet
Don't think it works like that
Jan 15, 2014
76 posts
25 upvotes
I'm currently with Koodo on the $48/5GB Manitoba deal (I'm in Ontario, with ON number).

Given all of the deals PM customers have been getting, does anyone have thoughts about me porting out to PM in hopes of getting one of these offers at some point in the next few months?

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31232 posts
16987 upvotes
Ottawa
blapt5 wrote: I'm currently with Koodo on the $48/5GB Manitoba deal (I'm in Ontario, with ON number).

Given all of the deals PM customers have been getting, does anyone have thoughts about me porting out to PM in hopes of getting one of these offers at some point in the next few months?

Thanks!
Now is a good time to port over to PM, with their new plans.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
2003 posts
1326 upvotes
Ottawa
blapt5 wrote: I'm currently with Koodo on the $48/5GB Manitoba deal (I'm in Ontario, with ON number).

Thanks!
Yeah, I think I'd do it - take a look at this thread for some new deals, and links to bonus promo credits you can get through retailers/referrals:

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/public- ... te-2218910

It looks like the $40/4.5 GB plan is still available too (unless I'm missing something). Essentially, you can start saving money now while waiting for the Koodo migration offers (which people are saying will keep coming and may get better).
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1349 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
I just renew my PM plan for another 90 days.

Can I wait until my current plan ended to activate the sim?
Or I have to activate once I received it.
Jun 9, 2008
162 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa
Hey! read 200 pages on this thread! still a bit confused and wondering if someone can help out.

Background: Currently a koodo customer on a monthly plan (postpaid I believe)
  1. Signed up for the koodo 35$ / 5gb plan by using my other public mobile number and promo code
  2. During the check out, selected give me a new number
  3. When the sim arrives in the mail, I need to port my existing account to the new account.
Do I need to somehow port my number to a prepaid account then port it to the new account? and if so how do I do that?

Thanks!!
Last edited by ravi_sakic on Aug 30th, 2018 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 3, 2016
227 posts
164 upvotes
luckiecookie wrote: I just renew my PM plan for another 90 days.

You see this was my conundrum, I was told I had to activate my previous $45/8gb before the deal was up to be eligible. I still have credit for my pm line until late September, so yeah I'm not sure what will happen since they have not shipped my sim card yet and Sept 5 is coming up real quick
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31232 posts
16987 upvotes
Ottawa
HankLeTank wrote: You see this was my conundrum, I was told I had to activate my previous $45/8gb before the deal was up to be eligible. I still have credit for my pm line until late September, so yeah I'm not sure what will happen since they have not shipped my sim card yet and Sept 5 is coming up real quick
To be safe, I would suggest activating the Koodo line and you will simply pay for two lines until you're ready to port out of PM.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3435 posts
3049 upvotes
Muskoka
ravi_sakic wrote: Hey! read 200 pages on this thread! still a bit confused and wondering if someone can help out.

1. Signed up for the koodo 35$ / 5gb plan by using my public mobile number and promo code
  3. When the sim arrives in the mail, I need to port my existing account to the new account.
Do I need to somehow port my number to a prepaid account then port it to the new account? and if so how do I do that?

Thanks!!
So you currently have 2 numbers and want to keep them both? And you want your current Koodo account to be on the new $35 5GB plan.

if so
1 - Open new Public Mobile $10 account - use with one the current promos to reduce costs
2 - Once your new $35 5GB plan is up and running with temp#, using your new $10 PM plan, port the number you want to keep into PM
3 - Port the number you want to keep, now at PM back onto your new $35 5GB plan
Koodo
Public Mobile
Jan 27, 2007
686 posts
544 upvotes
luckiecookie wrote: I just renew my PM plan for another 90 days.

The sim will be activated by Koodo within a day or 2 of receiving it, which also starts your billing.
All you do on your end is register for the self serve after receiving the activation email , but you can't control the activation date.
After registering online, you can choose to port your PM number which will close that account, or just use the Koodo temp number they assigned to sim, and leave PM account live.
Apr 28, 2014
115 posts
66 upvotes
Hannon, ON
I am on the phone with them right now to upgrade my 6gb plan to 8gb
Bell - Gigabit + Basic TV = $71.95/mo.
Koodo - 8GB + Unli Call/text = $40/mo.
Freedom - 10gb + Unli Call/text = $39/mo.
Ecobee 3 - Free!!
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2238 posts
2656 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
ravi_sakic wrote: Hey! read 200 pages on this thread! still a bit confused and wondering if someone can help out.

1. Signed up for the koodo 35$ / 5gb plan by using my other public mobile number and promo code

Thanks!!
You can not port postpaid to postpaid. Only after your $35 /5 plan is all active with your "new" number then you need to port your "old" number to either Koodo Prepaid or public. Once successfully ported to prepaid, you login to your "new" number Koodo acct, change phone number and input your Koodo Prepaid acct info which will make your "old" number overlap/take over your "new" number while keeping your "new" number's plan ($35/5gb)
May 20, 2017
531 posts
158 upvotes
GTA
kav2001c wrote: Um both... now as to WHICH is being double order I do not know (I had sent an email asking to change plan and Webstore did it on all lines it looks like)
Nice thanks for the information, lucky you Hugging Face
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
1349 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
Is it possible to move your current phone number to a new PM sim card and keep the PM account activated?