Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Nov 10, 2009
730 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have two PM numbers and two koodo plans. Didn't get any migration offers this time around. probably, will port out both koodo numbers to PM, self refer both numbers($100 credits) and then wait for next offer! Fingers crossed!
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1434 posts
581 upvotes
Cambridge
yogiz wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:07 pm
I have two PM numbers and two koodo plans. Didn't get any migration offers this time around. probably, will port out both koodo numbers to PM, self refer both numbers($100 credits) and then wait for next offer! Fingers crossed!
Try texting "offer" to 5130 on your PM phones. It'll push through any offers available to you.
Feb 3, 2015
323 posts
196 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Ryes wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:03 pm
Also I’ll clarify something that was incorrectly told to me in the other koodo thread. I didn’t receive activation email or SIM card until well after the other promo ($45) expired but still got the plan. Basically as long as your order went im before the deadline you are good (provided your info is correct since they do check things after the order)
Will this apply to referrals as well?
I will sign up on Sep 4th. I should still get the referral bonus (and the person that refers me)?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1629 posts
467 upvotes
GTA
marbles wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:31 pm
OMG. I thought I was going crazy because I was sure I posted this and then couldn't see it. Turns out I'm going a different kind of crazy because I posted in the wrong thread (about the $25 PM referral credit):

I'm sorry if this has been answered before. I'm trying to help a friend signed up to PM with the $25 referral bonus. He's got a SIM, but he's waiting for a new credit card from his bank.

The deadline for this (8GB/$40) promo seems to be Sept. 4. Does anyone know if I'll be OK if I wait until, say, Sept. 3, to claim it online, even though at that stage, receiving a SIM and activating my account likely won't happen until a week or so after the promo deadline?

Could I get the wheels in motion on Koodo now and still refer him when he's ready, so long as I haven't received my Koodo SIM and set up that account? Want to help my friend (I know he could get a referral from someone online, but he's not really interested in doing that), but I also don't want to miss out on the deal.
I think you were right to post in the $25 PM referral thread. This thread is for people signing up for Koodo, via port from PM. Or are you saying you are leaving PM and want him to get the $25 from you. in that case let him get referred by someone else that is staying at PM therefore they would actually benefit from the $25 credit.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1880 posts
1255 upvotes
Ottawa
wackojacko wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:16 pm
I think you were right to post in the $25 PM referral thread. This thread is for people signing up for Koodo, via port from PM. Or are you saying you are leaving PM and want him to get the $25 from you. in that case let him get referred by someone else that is staying at PM therefore they would actually benefit from the $25 credit.
I think their dilemma is that there really is no one else to refer the friend, who isn't comfortable finding a stranger online who'll know his number and, I presume, doesn't know anyone else in real life who is a PM customer.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1434 posts
581 upvotes
Cambridge
angryboy wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:14 pm
Will this apply to referrals as well?
I will sign up on Sep 4th. I should still get the referral bonus (and the person that refers me)?
Yes, you'll get the referral bonus as long as you fill in your info in the referral link. You can do that at anytime, as long as it's BEFORE signing up with Koodo.
Mar 14, 2018
237 posts
145 upvotes
I have a bunch of missed calls from 2 different PM numbers on my Kodoo line; does anyone know what this is about?
When I call back the number from my Koodo line, I get a message 'Hi Public Mobile here, Talk is not included in your plan.."
Nov 10, 2009
730 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto, ON
orbitdesign wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:10 pm
Try texting "offer" to 5130 on your PM phones. It'll push through any offers available to you.
Tried with no luck. Both are $10 plans. had $45/8GB offer but not this one :rolleyes:
Koodo $40/6GB, $35/5GB
Public Mobile customer
Rogers 500u - $30
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1434 posts
581 upvotes
Cambridge
yogiz wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:32 pm
Tried with no luck. Both are $10 plans. had $45/8GB offer but not this one :rolleyes:
That sucks :/ Keep that tip in mind as it'll re-text any offers even if you delete the original message.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1881 posts
2051 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
pazivai wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:47 pm
Though Koodo prepaid sims are pricey, but that's the fastest route.
They are, you can risk getting one on eBay for less than everywhere else ($20). But I didn't want to fart around and the Walmart I went to were out of public SIMs, you're basically looking at $20+tax for the SIM from Koodo Prepaid (green/purple) it comes with $20 "in activation credits" but in reality it's only $5, as the remaining $15 is broken down over your next 3 topups, since you don't plan on "sticking around" you'll only see $5. Then the cheapest plan is $15 for unlimited txt, so all in you're looking at $20 +tax, -$5, + $10+tax
Last edited by remik on Aug 30th, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 20, 2017
519 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
spotts01 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 1:40 pm
People - you are eligible for the $35 or $40 plans once you complete the order so long as that occurs before the promotion expires. If you add the $35 or $40 plan to your shopping cart and successfully checkout, you are good. It does not matter when they ship the SIM, it does not matter when you get the SIM, it does not matter when they activate your plan. Checking out locks in your plan
I guess you work for KOODO Grinning Face With Smiling EyesGrinning FaceHugging Face keep up the good works bud,we need few more guys like you at RFD
May 14, 2006
923 posts
296 upvotes
GTA
It's weird but I get better reception on PM than I do on Koodo.
Apr 14, 2018
111 posts
123 upvotes
Data Point: Just received a phone call from Koodo Activation to confirm details of my account! It's coming!

Ordered on the 24th, so about 6 days backlog.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1434 posts
581 upvotes
Cambridge
Kinata wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 2:41 pm
It's weird but I get better reception on PM than I do on Koodo.
That's quite odd as I get better reception on Koodo :/ There was always a dead spot with PM on my drive, now it's gone and I stay on LTE
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2311 posts
1239 upvotes
GVRD
Chronic1974 wrote:
Aug 30th, 2018 11:36 am
Anyone with a current employee discount able to get the $40/8GB plan? I currently have the $48/5GB Manitoba plan and I called in yesterday, got transferred to a supervisor and best he did was gave me the Bonus 1GB for life. Now I'm paying $48 - 25% off employee discount = $36/6GB. Wondering if anyone was able to get $40 - 25% off employee discount = $30/8GB?
Should be able to because they take the discount on one of the line. If you are able to get the plan (add a line or change it), the discount should apply, you can just re-submit the paperwork to make sure as they get back to you fairly quick.