Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2019 10:30 am
Aug 13, 2018
58 posts
41 upvotes
drceo wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 1:34 am
You don't need to activate the SIM. They will do it, billing will start the same day and you'll have service all of a sudden followed by an e-mail with information you need to register for self serve. Wait time for the actual activation has ranged from 0 days to 7 days from what people have been posting.
Whether I activate the SIM or it's done automatically still doesn't change the fact that I have no information about my account, and thus will not be able to pay my bill to Koodo. And for what it's worth, the SIM card is not active 4 days running now. They have until Monday to activate it for me, or I'm bouncing back to PM.
Apr 27, 2014
979 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AndrewH95539 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 1:45 am
Whether I activate the SIM or it's done automatically still doesn't change the fact that I have no information about my account, and thus will not be able to pay my bill to Koodo. And for what it's worth, the SIM card is not active 4 days running now. They have until Monday to activate it for me, or I'm bouncing back to PM.
It literally says on their website:

"Heads up! Due to the high number of orders, your phone may take up to 7 to 10 business days to be processed.
Sit tight! We're working as fast as we can."

If you didn't read that then its not their fault you can't wait. If you want it activated that badly then call the koodo webstore to expedite your order.
Fido Sims/Instructions for Koodo Port out for Sale, PM Me!
Apr 27, 2014
979 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AndrewH95539 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 2:05 am
Oh give me a break...I ordered this SIM card on August 19th...2 WEEKS AGO!!! And at the time I ordered, it said there was a 3-5 day wait for the order. So please don't try to play that excuse on me. This is poor communication anyway you slice it.
Stay with public then, they don't care as much obviously and you want this plan way more than they're willing to offer it. You want it so badly then go into store and activate immediately or be proactive and call in, it's been stated in this thread numerous times that you should call into the webstore to expedite the process, not anyones fault you don't want to read.
Fido Sims/Instructions for Koodo Port out for Sale, PM Me!
Jul 29, 2007
576 posts
274 upvotes
North America
Hey... I know this is a one time code, but someone (you know who you are) has taken my number and used it for their own registration. How do I go about getting my promotion back? I read on here some people had the same issue. I can't seem to find the post in the search to find out what my next steps are to fix this before the promotion is over. Do I call the web store or customer service for Koodo? Or do I go onsite to a Koodo shop to get things straightened out? I want to use my line to port another number into Koodo, but don't want to lose my PM number and service. Any suggestions? TIA...
Thank you RFD community for helping me with spending money, I feel so poor now!
May 12, 2015
14 posts
12 upvotes
Is calling Koodo the only way to find out the $180 in bill credit had been applied?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4580 posts
3722 upvotes
AndrewH95539 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 1:45 am
Webstore cancelled my order after a week so I walked into Walmart and walked out 20 mins later with a new phone, gift cards and an activated SIM.

Definitely should have gone to Walmart or any koodo provider instead.
May 24, 2017
230 posts
160 upvotes
GTA
bwright wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 12:52 am
Ported to Koodo today at WM. However I cannot see anything indicates the $180 bill credit, either in the invoice or my account online. Is this normal?
bill credit will happen on the bill. Might not appear until second or third billing though.
May 24, 2017
230 posts
160 upvotes
GTA
superfresh89 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 6:26 am
Webstore cancelled my order after a week so I walked into Walmart and walked out 20 mins later with a new phone, gift cards and an activated SIM.

Definitely should have gone to Walmart or any koodo provider instead.
yes with all the gift card incentives, Wal-Mart and Wow Mobile was the way to migrate.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3045 posts
495 upvotes
Saltywetguy wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 2:22 am
Hey... I know this is a one time code, but someone (you know who you are) has taken my number and used it for their own registration. How do I go about getting my promotion back? I read on here some people had the same issue. I can't seem to find the post in the search to find out what my next steps are to fix this before the promotion is over. Do I call the web store or customer service for Koodo? Or do I go onsite to a Koodo shop to get things straightened out? I want to use my line to port another number into Koodo, but don't want to lose my PM number and service. Any suggestions? TIA...
Call Koodo and also send a PM to the mods over at the Public Mobile community. Hope you get it resolved fast as the promo expires Sep. 4th.
Jan 10, 2005
393 posts
117 upvotes
I think I want to get a new phone (Walmart, LG G6). I already have the refer a friend e-mail, with the redeem now and new phone number box. How does that work if I want to get the migration plan at WM? Don't they port instantly? How do I get my referral bonus if I don't get a new/temporary number?

I am hoping that everything else (180 bill credit, gift cards) is pretty much seamless in-store.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3127 posts
2485 upvotes
Muskoka
MANGLER wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 7:58 am
I think I want to get a new phone (Walmart, LG G6). I already have the refer a friend e-mail, with the redeem now and new phone number box. How does that work if I want to get the migration plan at WM? Don't they port instantly? How do I get my referral bonus if I don't get a new/temporary number?

I am hoping that everything else (180 bill credit, gift cards) is pretty much seamless in-store.
For the referral, after you finish porting in your number, that is your new number. But you have to wait until completed. It’s a new number according to koodo even if it is your old number
Koodo
Public Mobile
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1516 posts
874 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 8:08 am
For the referral, after you finish porting in your number, that is your new number. But you have to wait until completed. It’s a new number according to koodo even if it is your old number
Yes if they do the port for you in store, and the service is active (aka you can make a phone call), just enter your current number. Your current number went from PM to Koodo so it’s a new number to Koodo.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1290 posts
315 upvotes
spotts01 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 8:08 am
Can referral be changed to a different person if the SIM hasn't been activated yet? For example, registered to the Koodo referral system using person "A" phone number when SIM was ordered. Can the Koodo referral system accepts person "B" phone number and give the referral to "B" as long as SIM hasn't activated?

How does Koodo referral system knows who to give the referral? Person A or B?
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
1,500 free Supercharger km 😁
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4580 posts
3722 upvotes
bose wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 9:06 am
Can referral be changed to a different person if the SIM hasn't been activated yet? For example, registered to the Koodo referral system using person "A" phone number when SIM was ordered. Can the Koodo referral system accepts person "B" phone number and give the referral to "B" as long as SIM hasn't activated?

How does Koodo referral system knows who to give the referral? Person A or B?
I don't think it matters, as long as a referral was initiated and confirmed by Person A. Anyone who has access to the referral link can submit the email address that Person A registered, along with Person B's new phone number.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1290 posts
315 upvotes
superfresh89 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 9:15 am
I don't think it matters, as long as a referral was initiated and confirmed by Person A. Anyone who has access to the referral link can submit the email address that Person A registered, along with Person B's new phone number.
For the clarification. Initially, person C was referred by person A when SIM was ordered but person C wants to give his referral to person B. SIM hasn't been activated yet.
Koodo $35/5GB 😃
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
1,500 free Supercharger km 😁