Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4683 posts
3843 upvotes
bose wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 9:23 am
For the clarification. Initially, person C was referred by person A when SIM was ordered but person C wants to give his referral to person B. SIM hasn't been activated yet.
I guess he could do that. Person B would have to activate a new line and submit the referral form using Person C's email and the newly activated phone number.

I'm guessing Person C is changing his mind and cancelling service? Or he's going to accept a referral from someone else before activating his SIM?

Anyway, I thought the SIM cards come activated already?
Jan 27, 2007
579 posts
413 upvotes
Searchin4deals wrote:
Sep 1st, 2018 11:48 pm
May have been answered before, but couldn't find it.

Does the email address which you use for refer- a- friend have to match your self-serve email address?

I created a brand new email for refer-a-friend but have a different self-serve email address - will I be getting my referral credit even though the email addresses don't match?
This might help. https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/common/rules.pg

The email address I originally registered with for the Koodo Refer-A-Friend program is DIFFERENT from the email address I use to log in to my Koodo Self Serve account. How does that affect how I log in?
We highly recommend that you update your email address in your Koodo Refer-A-Friend program profile to match the same email address as your Koodo Self Serve account by or before April 19, 2017 to ensure your Refer-A-Friend profile and Koodo Self Serve account are correctly synced up. You can do this by:

Visiting koodo.com/refer
Logging in with your email address and password
Clicking on Edit Profile
Clicking (change) beside your email address
Updating your email address in your Koodo Refer-A-Friend profile to match the email address you use to log in to your Koodo Self Serve account.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
3786 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 6:26 am
Webstore cancelled my order after a week so I walked into Walmart and walked out 20 mins later with a new phone, gift cards and an activated SIM.

Definitely should have gone to Walmart or any koodo provider instead.
Did u get an cancellation email?
Apr 24, 2013
579 posts
288 upvotes
Toronto
So has anyone figured out a way to get this plan without PM?
I got Fido and Public Mobile. [removed solicitation] ????
Sep 1, 2018
53 posts
6 upvotes
bose wrote:
For the clarification. Initially, person C was referred by person A when SIM was ordered but person C wants to give his referral to person B. SIM hasn't been activated yet.
I think referral uses a special link, it is much easier for the nee subscriber.
Apr 5, 2006
395 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I think i'm a pickle.

I used my PM number to start the process for a new activation (along with a new number), as per the front page instruction. But the WM and WOW deals look a lot more attractive than the ones online.
Is it possible to walk into WM or WOW and do my port in there without losing my number or 180 credits?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8882 posts
1633 upvotes
Toronto
john5170 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 9:48 am
So has anyone figured out a way to get this plan without PM?
Get a friend with the offer on PM and/or buy/get someone on PM's phone number and sign up online then port your own number.
Jul 29, 2016
59 posts
12 upvotes
When is the first bill supposed to be from activation?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
4683 posts
3843 upvotes
Yes. It said my order could not be processed as they could not confirm my credit details, and the order has been cancelled.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1010 posts
401 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 12:00 am
The tab balance is legit. The bill will align to that for sure. When I got my first bill, there were no disagreements. You will be paying down your tab at $8 per month until the $175 is paid back. Of course with roundoff, you will be done before 24 months. The tab payments are round up to whole dollars. That's why it's $8 and not $7.30.
Maybe dumb question but the tab payments are taxable right? Like hst is payable on top? $8 + hst/month?
What about when it's paid off in full right away. Lots of people saying they got iphone6 with ~ $260 tab and will pay it off but isn't it $260 + tax?
Bell Loyalty (or unloyalty) could only offer me a plan that was MORE than my pretty bad current plan $55/2GB Boyd ... 15 year customer... bye Bell. Hello Koodo and public mobile
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6566 upvotes
Toronto
torontokris wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 10:40 am
Maybe dumb question but the tab payments are taxable right? Like hst is payable on top? $8 + hst/month?
What about when it's paid off in full right away. Lots of people saying they got iphone6 with ~ $260 tab and will pay it off but isn't it $260 + tax?
Tab payments are taxable and do not include tax. You have seen me advocate separating getting the plan from getting the phone. If you get a phone and use a new line to get it, it's advantageous to get an AB number for tax purposes. Cancel and you only pay tab + GST.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Nov 17, 2014
239 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto, ON
torontokris wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 10:40 am
Yes. Taxabale
Koodo
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18496 posts
6566 upvotes
Toronto
bose wrote:
Unless person C will hit the limit why not give a referral to both. The links supplied in those emails are tracked and so the system knows who issued the referral. As far as qualifying, as long as the first step is done before receiving the activation email or completing the activation at a store, it's legit and can be claimed.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28405 posts
14189 upvotes
Ottawa
Received my activation email, two days after receiving the sim and.
Koodo scared the shit out of me, as the activation email showed a $28 talk and text plan, which appeared to be a temp plan until you activate self serve ( which automatically changes after logging off and logging back on).

This is a great customer minded approach, so we are not paying the full price of a plan, until we are able to activate sell serve.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1309 posts
321 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:04 am
Unless person C will hit the limit why not give a referral to both. The links supplied in those emails are tracked and so the system knows who issued the referral. As far as qualifying, as long as the first step is done before receiving the activation email or completing the activation at a store, it's legit and can be claimed.
My co-worker (C) ordered a sim and used the other co-workers (A) referral as my number wasn't fully ported in. Now my number is fully ported in, my co-worker wants to give me (B) the referral since his SIM hasn't been activated. I sent (C) a referral email and when (C) tried to re-register, Koodo system telling him (C) this email is already registered for this promotion.

I asked him (C) to activate my (B) referral using his spare email address before the SIM activates. How does Koodo will know who to give the referral credit?
Koodo $35/5GB 😎
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Tesla Model 3 owner 😁