Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1106 posts
935 upvotes
GTA
bose wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:23 am
My co-worker (C) ordered a sim and used the other co-workers (A) referral as my number wasn't fully ported in. Now my number is fully ported in, my co-worker wants to give me (B) the referral since his SIM hasn't been activated. I sent (C) a referral email and when (C) tried to re-register, Koodo system telling him (C) this email is already registered for this promotion.

I asked him (C) to activate my (B) referral using his spare email address before the SIM activates. How does Koodo will know who to give the referral credit?
Have you ever seen the comedy sketch “Who’s on first?” Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8020 posts
544 upvotes
Scarborough
Same thing happened to me with my wife's number. A few hours later, I walked into Walmart and got it done in less than 15 minutes.
SuckaB wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 9:46 am
Did u get an cancellation email?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8020 posts
544 upvotes
Scarborough
You would see $15 off your plan for 12 months. That is your $180 credit.

Walmart staff have the sheet with code like JOINKODOOAUGDATA (lists the discounts from all the carriers like Fido/Virgin/Kodoo/PM.....etc).
bwright wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 12:52 am
Ported to Koodo today at WM. However I cannot see anything indicates the $180 bill credit, either in the invoice or my account online. Is this normal?
Last edited by Menace on Sep 2nd, 2018 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2008
1307 posts
321 upvotes
bose wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:23 am
My co-worker (C) ordered a sim and used the other co-workers (A) referral as my number wasn't fully ported in. Now my number is fully ported in, my co-worker wants to give me (B) the referral since his SIM hasn't been activated. I sent (C) a referral email and when (C) tried to re-register, Koodo system telling him (C) this email is already registered for this promotion.

I asked him (C) to activate my (B) referral using his spare email address before the SIM activates. How does Koodo will know who to give the referral credit?
Slono wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:27 am
Have you ever seen the comedy sketch “Who’s on first?” Face With Tears Of Joy
I think the following steps will work. Providing (C) was able to activate the referral from (B) before Koodo activates the SIM.

1. (C) will need to change the sign-in email address to match (B)'s referral email.
2. Submit his phone number using (B)'s referral.
Koodo $35/5GB 😎
Public Mobile $38/5GB 😎
Tesla Model 3 owner 😁
Apr 9, 2006
522 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
My sim card is on the way from Koodo but my PM account was originally supposed to renew on September 4th. I'm assuming I'm not gonna get my sim card and activation email in time. The transfer from PM should still work even if I don't renew right?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3171 posts
2547 upvotes
Muskoka
Duality wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:40 am
My sim card is on the way from Koodo but my PM account was originally supposed to renew on September 4th. I'm assuming I'm not gonna get my sim card and activation email in time. The transfer from PM should still work even if I don't renew right?
Nope. Your PM account must be active. I would suggest you manually add enough funds to your PM account and change to $10 plan. Do not change plans and have it auto renew at next renewal as there is a bug in the PM system that prevents this
Koodo
Public Mobile
Apr 28, 2013
174 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
So what's the best way for me to switch, given the promo ends on Tuesday. Forgot to sign up earlier.

Does ordering a sim online automatically start the plan/number porting? Or should I just go pick up a sim from somewhere.
Apr 9, 2006
522 posts
12 upvotes
Montreal
spotts01 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:51 am
Nope. Your PM account must be active. I would suggest you manually add enough funds to your PM account and change to $10 plan. Do not change plans and have it auto renew at next renewal as there is a bug in the PM system that prevents this
Thanks for the quick response! So basically top-up my account with $10 and then change to the $10 plan and wait it out? Just wanna make sure that changing my 12gb/90 day plan won't stop me from being able to activate my Koodo sim when it arrives.
Oct 27, 2009
268 posts
108 upvotes
Hamilton
Menace wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:38 am
You would see $15 off your plan for 12 months. That is your $180 credit.

Walmart staff have the sheet with code like JOINKODOOAUGDATA (lists the discounts from all the carriers like Fido/Virgin/Kodoo/PM.....etc).
Where would you see that? I’m actually in the same boat I see a $50 a month charge which is $35 plus $15 small tab. Nowhere does it mention $180 credit.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1871 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa
stimy wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 12:07 pm
Where would you see that? I’m actually in the same boat I see a $50 a month charge which is $35 plus $15 small tab. Nowhere does it mention $180 credit.
If you sign up in store you won't see any confirmation on paper or electronically until you receive your first bill.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Nov 26, 2003
77 posts
6 upvotes
Leask
Other (2) - If you know someone who got this offer on PM but don't plan on switching, you can use their phone number (with their permission of course!) to get the plan for yourself while letting them keep their current PM plan.
Are we sure about this? I don't want to lose the PM plan by mistake.
Mar 14, 2016
165 posts
601 upvotes
Toronto
Had my third call asking to switch to the 40$/8gb from 45$/8gb PM migration, and after a 45 minute call IT WORKED!!

For reference the call was yesterday afternoon, and the rep was from the Quebec call centre. He claimed that he was making an exception just this one time haha, overall very helpful!

To anyone still on 45/8 and want to switch it is definitely possible, but still very YMMW.

Now to decide if it's worth calling in again one last time to ask for the 180$ in bill credits... Thoughts?
Jun 18, 2015
359 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto, ON
gabe3366 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 11:54 am
So what's the best way for me to switch, given the promo ends on Tuesday. Forgot to sign up earlier.

Does ordering a sim online automatically start the plan/number porting? Or should I just go pick up a sim from somewhere.
read the thread summary ffs
Aug 18, 2008
278 posts
61 upvotes
A few days ago a couple people were saying they received calls from Koodo confirming if they wanted to open a new account or add the line to an existing account. Does anyone know if they do this even if your previous account has been closed for a couple years and you've signed up using a new email address?

I'm assuming I'll miss the call(s) this week and further delay the process. Hopefully they at least leave a number to call back??
Oct 27, 2009
268 posts
108 upvotes
Hamilton
cappaj wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2018 12:08 pm
If you sign up in store you won't see any confirmation on paper or electronically until you receive your first bill.
I see. my wife did the sign up. I'm reviewing the paperwork now and there's no mention of the promotion anywhere. It just says $50 plan plus tab. Does that sound correct?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)