Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2003
3953 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
GeeCee wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:15 am
No, you still have to do the port yourself once you set up a self serve account. The Koodo account will have its own number until you do the port though, service will be live.
Thanks for the info! Guess I'll save myself $30 from activating in store and just order the SIM online.
Jun 21, 2008
95 posts
40 upvotes
North Vancouver
zackaroli wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 12:33 am
Was anyone successful in getting this deal on an existing Koodo number?
Nope. I was very polite & even mentioned that my wife has the offer (but doesn't want to move) & no deal.
Mar 23, 2017
68 posts
81 upvotes
London, ON
Anyone know if PM will return money for unused time? Like if i move to Koodo after 15 days, will i get half of what i paid back?
Either way, im moving to koodo today cuz 35-15,20cad is a great deal lol
Oct 17, 2010
558 posts
265 upvotes
Vancouver
sbreakin wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:03 am
Nope. I was very polite & even mentioned that my wife has the offer (but doesn't want to move) & no deal.
Welcome to Public Mobile. Or head to a campus for $40 6GB on Fido
Oct 7, 2009
660 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 10:55 pm
Is the $10/month being issued already or pending?
Its pending should start from next month.
If you are not too far away from pay day, keep the two lines open for a while and let the $10 per month start trickling in and then cancel. Maybe if you are lucky the system will continue to flow money in.
Good idea. I think I can keep 2 lines active for a month and see how it goes.
Do you think my port out and in plan for the first line will work fine when I have the second line active on the account ?
Thinking of porting out my first line to Koodo prepaid or PM and porting back the number to my second line.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Sep 14, 2009
973 posts
442 upvotes
Halifax
What is up with Koodo's payment system? After re-thinking it, I tried signing up and all three credit cards I tried to use, their system said all of them were the incorrect billing address, despite having zero issues with the cards elsewhere? I even had the screens side by side with my card issuer, to make sure it was all correct, but I just gave up.

If they can't get something as simple as payments working, I'm definitely avoiding them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
29273 posts
15123 upvotes
Ottawa
sonician wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 6:23 am
What is up with Koodo's payment system? After re-thinking it, I tried signing up and all three credit cards I tried to use, their system said all of them were the incorrect billing address, despite having zero issues with the cards elsewhere? I even had the screens side by side with my card issuer, to make sure it was all correct, but I just gave up.

If they can't get something as simple as payments working, I'm definitely avoiding them.
Were you using AMEX?
For some reason, the online sign up doesn't accept AMEX.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3834 posts
3357 upvotes
JIB9022 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 10:04 pm
Going to PM tmr
Nothing for loyal customer..
Gonna wait for nxt promo
Loyal? Please, stop treating businesses like your old college buddy. Businesses aren't people, they don't have a heart. Loyalty only means as much to a business as it means money in their pockets.

Do what's best for your wallet, ignore any concept of fair, or loyal, or "nice".
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3834 posts
3357 upvotes
AndrewH95539 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 12:27 am
Won't LET you leave??? That sounds a lot like being held hostage/kidnapping to me.
Won't let me leave as in the transaction wasn't complete, of course I COULD have left, but if I had taken the phone that would have been a theft.
Sep 14, 2009
973 posts
442 upvotes
Halifax
vkizzle wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 6:29 am
Were you using AMEX?
For some reason, the online sign up doesn't accept AMEX.
One AMEX, and two different MCs, no luck
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1902 posts
1261 upvotes
Ottawa
timbertick wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 10:27 pm
Not fully correct.. All phones have to unlocked with no fee. Most of the time u have to unlock them... The koodo iPhone I got had to be unlocked online via koodo website. It s free..

Some of the phones are shipped with an unlock code... IPhone are unlocked by apple
Is that the case with new phones bought in 2018? I know that phones sold before Jan. 1 2018 have to be unlocked for free - but I thought new phones have to now be sold unlocked?
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2998 posts
1375 upvotes
Mississauga
sonician wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 7:49 am
One AMEX, and two different MCs, no luck
I would call them up or go in-store and ask to reimburse $30 since you couldn't sign up online. Friend of mine did the same thing with his MasterCard issue.
I love RFD! :)
Jan 27, 2007
648 posts
475 upvotes
I got an update on my S9+ that enabled Wifi calling.fof Telus and Koodo. When I set it up, it took my to Koodo website to register, then it failed saying it cannot be added to my plan.
Hopefully just a temp issue as they configure things.
Sep 11, 2008
455 posts
223 upvotes
Quebec
Received confirmation e-mail and it put me on the 35/2GB plan... Ordered with an already used number. Did get the plan, but not the credits when I checked out. When received the activation e-mail it stated that I got to the 2GB plan instead of 5gb...

Anyone else had this issue?
Last edited by Gr4v1ty on Sep 4th, 2018 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
2998 posts
1375 upvotes
Mississauga
cappaj wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 8:14 am
Is that the case with new phones bought in 2018? I know that phones sold before Jan. 1 2018 have to be unlocked for free - but I thought new phones have to now be sold unlocked?
I believe you're right. My S9+ was unlocked out of the box.
I love RFD! :)