Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Sep 11, 2008
455 posts
222 upvotes
Quebec
kav2001c wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 12:58 am
For those who never qualified for the promo

Forward the TXT to yourself
Go into address book and set name as 5130
The system WILL reject promo code (since you did not qualify for promo) BUT store rep then calls in and they will manually activate it
Does this actually work? You can be with any carrier?
Aug 28, 2010
38 posts
5 upvotes
Hey y'all - I was originally on the $40/6GB plan but managed to get upgraded to $40/7GB after calling in twice, so some success there. Haven't been able to get $40/8GB though.

• Call #1: transferred to supervisor Othmane, who immediately offered me a 1GB free data add-on for 12 months. Flat-out said no and was firm with giving 2GB free data add-on, or switching my rate plans.
  • Call #2: transferred to supervisor Jack, who was really rude and offered zero flexibility (maybe b/c my previous call was only a few hours ago and he saw this) - I threatened to file a cancellation date and he said "sure, feel free to leave". Wasn't able to get anything from him, filed a cancellation date for 2 weeks from now, will dial in a few days from now and try one more time to get 8GB instead of 7GB.

Both supervisors are in retentions btw.

hope this helps someone!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2712 posts
215 upvotes
Got the Activation e-mail and I've tried registering for Self Serve with a few times (tried 2 different e-mails too since first one was getting this message below), and I'm still getting this message. Anyone know how to resolve it?

"You're still waiting to be approved
Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved."
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1886 posts
1257 upvotes
Ottawa
Smashy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:33 am
Got the Activation e-mail and I've tried registering for Self Serve with a few times (tried 2 different e-mails too since first one was getting this message below), and I'm still getting this message. Anyone know how to resolve it?

"You're still waiting to be approved
Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved."
I got something similar when setting up self serve this past weekend - I feel like it resolved itself in an hour or two though.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Mar 12, 2008
595 posts
110 upvotes
Windsor
cappaj wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 8:14 am
Is that the case with new phones bought in 2018? I know that phones sold before Jan. 1 2018 have to be unlocked for free - but I thought new phones have to now be sold unlocked?
I even bought an IPhone last September from Koodo and it came unlocked. Wow person told me at that time since the new law kick-in in January 2018 most of the companies already sending un locked phone.
Aug 26, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
Just tried to migrate to the 40/8 gig plan with my new pm number i just activated, no go, will try again soon.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8207 posts
3337 upvotes
Markham
cappaj wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 8:45 pm
Should be, all phones have to be sold unlocked in Canada since the start of this year.
Except for Bell and Virgin, who are re-locking their phones.
Nov 12, 2014
774 posts
518 upvotes
Kingston, ON
HamidD67793 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:37 am
Just tried to migrate to the 40/8 gig plan with my new pm number i just activated, no go, will try again soon.
Reading the giant red letters on the first page would tell you this is not possible....
May 20, 2017
521 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
HamidD67793 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:37 am
Since you spend the money at PM for 8GB Data for $50 you could have got one here BST Face Savouring Delicious Food correct Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3026 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
Did everyone get the $20 off? It doesn't show on my plan.
Nov 10, 2013
248 posts
221 upvotes
01jayss wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:31 am
Hey y'all - I was originally on the $40/6GB plan but managed to get upgraded to $40/7GB after calling in twice, so some success there. Haven't been able to get $40/8GB though.

• Call #1: transferred to supervisor Othmane, who immediately offered me a 1GB free data add-on for 12 months. Flat-out said no and was firm with giving 2GB free data add-on, or switching my rate plans.
  • Call #2: transferred to supervisor Jack, who was really rude and offered zero flexibility (maybe b/c my previous call was only a few hours ago and he saw this) - I threatened to file a cancellation date and he said "sure, feel free to leave". Wasn't able to get anything from him, filed a cancellation date for 2 weeks from now, will dial in a few days from now and try one more time to get 8GB instead of 7GB.

Both supervisors are in retentions btw.

hope this helps someone!
Wow u are just unlucky. I never had any issue getting 2gbs addon. I called in twice, once to get the addon and second to add new lines with same promo and both supervisor were so nice, (Rod and Claire)

Call again and be nice.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1886 posts
1257 upvotes
Ottawa
Sepharite wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:57 am
Did everyone get the $20 off? It doesn't show on my plan.
What $20 off? Do you mean the $180 bill credit that works out to $15 off per month for the first 12 months? If so, that won't show until you get your first bill.
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Aug 26, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
QN5252 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:47 am
Reading the giant red letters on the first page would tell you this is not possible....
ya i read that but i also read some people were able to do it if you keep badgering them, I'm trying to badger them on PM community now, Badgering does work sometimes.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1495 posts
798 upvotes
Ottawa
So Koodo support is Awesome! My haul:
iPhone 6 $0down $10 per month tab - $350 prepaid visas from wow mobile
iPhone 6s $0down $15 per month tab - $150 prepaid visa from wow mobile

The $500 in prepaid visas will be used every month to pay my monthly bills, should easily cover 7+ months for the two lines.

Migrated 2 lines across to $40/8gb with 360 total in bill credits from the offer. Used referral for first line then self referred second for $150 in bill credit from referrals. Finally asked via the contact us nicely to have my PM credits moved across to Koodo and today without a response got two emails for one time account credits of $52 and $50 that was left in the PM accounts from the second month free promo and $10 referrals. Also the 2x activation fees Koodo confirmed I will get credited back on my next bill thanks to a wow mobile promo that ends today. What a steal of a deal...
Jan 24, 2015
351 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
NinjaSaves wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 4:13 pm
Why are you all blaming the generator?

And as far as I know, nobody else has a PM number "guessing" setup even close to what I had and there are no other generators.
in the BST forum, there's a guy selling numbers for $60 each. Sold 8+ of them already. He has extra numbers from "in-laws" (he has 8 in-laws lol) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
There's a another guy who's sold 2+ of them for $50 each

Use your generator and make some money off of it, instead you just have some upvotes and get a lot of flak in these threads