Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Dec 15, 2017
184 posts
111 upvotes
HamidD67793 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:00 am
ya i read that but i also read some people were able to do it if you keep badgering them, I'm trying to badger them on PM community now, Badgering does work sometimes.
Current Koodo customers who took the $45/8gb migration offer have been "badgering" Koodo support to switch them to the $40/8gb plan. I have seen no mention of anyone signing up for PM and badgering PM community to make their numbers eligible for this promo.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28844 posts
14655 upvotes
Ottawa
redflags10 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:11 am
in the BST forum, there's a guy selling numbers for $60 each. Sold 8+ of them already. He has extra numbers from "in-laws" (he has 8 in-laws lol) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
There's a another guy who's sold 2+ of them for $50 each

Use your generator and make some money off of it, instead you just have some upvotes and get a lot of flak in these threads
Seems very suspicious, but I'm not going to snitch and waiting to see what happens!
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
redflags10 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:11 am
in the BST forum, there's a guy selling numbers for $60 each. Sold 8+ of them already. He has extra numbers from "in-laws" (he has 8 in-laws lol) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
There's a another guy who's sold 2+ of them for $50 each

Use your generator and make some money off of it, instead you just have some upvotes and get a lot of flak in these threads
Nobody has that many inlaws on speaking terms. Personally I would approach these with an abundance of caution. If the people who had their numbers hijacked complain, people who buy these offers are going to lose their plan. I know of a couple of friends who have had their numbers hijacked and they are taking their case to Koodo. I would do that.
̶K̶o̶o̶d̶o̶ ̶$̶4̶0̶/̶6̶G̶B̶
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB, $28 RBC 5GB promo
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:31 am
Seems very suspicious, but I'm not going to snitch and waiting to see what happens!
Some of the affected people are going to complain. It is not a matter of snitching. It is really dumb of Koodo to use a single promo code for everyone. Phone numbers are insecure and should never be used to redeem anything. I sense that they may rethink how the next offer is going to go out if there are enough complaints with the current system. The RFD effect may change things going forward.
Last edited by will888 on Sep 4th, 2018 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
jdown077 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:28 am
Current Koodo customers who took the $45/8gb migration offer have been "badgering" Koodo support to switch them to the $40/8gb plan. I have seen no mention of anyone signing up for PM and badgering PM community to make their numbers eligible for this promo.
I don't think badgering Public Mobile works. I am guessing that the Koodo brand decides who gets targeted and when. The eligible numbers list is generated from that.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Oct 30, 2012
962 posts
261 upvotes
Hamilton
will888 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:33 am
Some of the affected people are going to complain. It is not a matter of snitching. It is really dumb of Koodo to use a single promo code for everyone. Phone numbers are insecure and should never be used to redeem anything. I sense that they may rethink how the next offer is going to go out if there are enough complaints with the current system. The RFD effect may change things going forward.
they might, or maybe they are turning blind eye and getting new subscribers, similar how out of province plan are non-issue as long as your account is not flagged
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
HamidD67793 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 9:37 am
Just tried to migrate to the 40/8 gig plan with my new pm number i just activated, no go, will try again soon.
New as in just activated after August 24? They are not retroactively adding eligible numbers to the current promo. You are going to have to wait patiently for the next offer.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28844 posts
14655 upvotes
Ottawa
will888 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:33 am
PM has already allowed referrals via a unique personal reference number and that should be used for migration promos going forward.
Aug 26, 2018
26 posts
9 upvotes
jdown077 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:28 am
That's what KOODO advised i should do, because according to him, there was nothing he could do on his end.
Mar 26, 2017
270 posts
141 upvotes
I need like 5 SIM cards so I can transfer Koodo numbers to them then transfer it back to Koodo.

Is PM still giving out free SIM cards at Walmart?
I want to minimize the costs.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
jigz787 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 6:02 am
Good idea. I think I can keep 2 lines active for a month and see how it goes.
Do you think my port out and in plan for the first line will work fine when I have the second line active on the account ?
Thinking of porting out my first line to Koodo prepaid or PM and porting back the number to my second line.
They can't/won't close an account as long as there is one active line in it. So from that perspective you should be fine. I suggest using Public Mobile for your port out/port in. Right now there is a promo at Walmart where activation gets you $25 plus free SIM card. Do a referral and auto pay and you will have $37 in your account. For the cost of setting up a $10 line, you will net $27 which from what others have been saying will eventually be transferred to your Koodo account as part of the port. I cannot vouch for this as I have not experienced it first hand. I know that the last migration was hell trying to move money over. Worst case, you can sell/assign the money to another Public Mobile account which they will do without issue.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Aug 16, 2013
468 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
NinjaSaves wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 4:13 pm
Why are you all blaming the generator?

The generator was disabled a long time ago, nobody generated a single code since August 24. Most of the codes generated aren't eligible for this promo, so it can't be the history either.

And as far as I know, nobody else has a PM number "guessing" setup even close to what I had and there are no other generators.

Most likely one of your $1/mo PM referrals that ya'll so appreciate used your number.

Keep doing good for RFD folks. Ignore the rest.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18721 posts
6741 upvotes
Toronto
Gr4v1ty wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 8:35 am
Received confirmation e-mail and it put me on the 35/2GB plan... Ordered with an already used number. Did get the plan, but not the credits when I checked out. When received the activation e-mail it stated that I got to the 2GB plan instead of 5gb...

Anyone else had this issue?
A buddy who had his number hijacked tried ordering the promo and during checkout, the system replaced the list of eligible plans with a different list not including the promos. There was a warning on the top of the web page that said the use once promo has already been claimed. I am wondering if this was what happened. Even though the system allowed you to select the promo, you received a plan swap because the eligible number had already been used. In this situation, it would be quite of bit of stick handling to talk to customer service.
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2016
1886 posts
1258 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:39 am
PM has already allowed referrals via a unique personal reference number and that should be used for migration promos going forward.
What's this? You can do PM referrals with something other than your phone number? I haven't heard of this before...
I am a current customer of Public Mobile and Koodo and STACK
Sep 11, 2008
455 posts
222 upvotes
Quebec
will888 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:47 am
A buddy who had his number hijacked tried ordering the promo and during checkout, the system replaced the list of eligible plans with a different list not including the promos. There was a warning on the top of the web page that said the use once promo has already been claimed. I am wondering if this was what happened. Even though the system allowed you to select the promo, you received a plan swap because the eligible number had already been used. In this situation, it would be quite of bit of stick handling to talk to customer service.
Mine wasn'T replaced during checkout... I still have confirmation e-mail that I ordered 35/5GB plan.