Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
3610 posts
3123 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:32 am
If the people who had their numbers hijacked complain, people who buy these offers are going to lose their plan.
Really? You know that for a fact?

Step back a bit: from Koodo's perspective, what is better: an angry former customer giving them zero money, or a new customer who "cheated" giving them money?

Koodo isn't touching those accounts, why would they? And the answer "because it's right" doesn't apply, Koodo, like very other business, is not a person with morals.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
puska83 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:38 am
they might, or maybe they are turning blind eye and getting new subscribers, similar how out of province plan are non-issue as long as your account is not flagged
Possibly, but why kill the host? I don't know how you approach this kind of stuff. I much prefer a sustainable approach as I want them to keep on giving out these promos. If they are harmed too much, they might take a different approach. You do know that they have patched the SK/MB loophole. Only the QC loophole remains.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
Gord18Stirr wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:42 am
I need like 5 SIM cards so I can transfer Koodo numbers to them then transfer it back to Koodo.

Is PM still giving out free SIM cards at Walmart?
I want to minimize the costs.
Yes, free SIM cards plus $25 and the usual $10 for referral. This promo ends September 9.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
repatch wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:54 am
Really? You know that for a fact?

Step back a bit: from Koodo's perspective, what is better: an angry former customer giving them zero money, or a new customer who "cheated" giving them money?

Koodo isn't touching those accounts, why would they? And the answer "because it's right" doesn't apply, Koodo, like very other business, is not a person with morals.
Obviously it is not fact. If I know the outcome of what happens with my friends who complain, I will share it.

You do have a point that Koodo may treat these cases without moral considerations because they are a business and not a person. The people who deal with these complaints are people. All you need is a few social justice warriors and morals will override business. We shall see what comes of it.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18628 posts
6648 upvotes
Toronto
Gr4v1ty wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:53 am
Mine wasn'T replaced during checkout... I still have confirmation e-mail that I ordered 35/5GB plan.
You have grounds to make an inquiry then. They must have been tweaking the system along the way to fill in the gaps.
Koodo $40/6GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28571 posts
14351 upvotes
Ottawa
cappaj wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:48 am
What's this? You can do PM referrals with something other than your phone number? I haven't heard of this before...
I stand corrected.
Someone in another forum sent me a referral "code" and I didn't recognize the area code and thought it wasn't a phone#!
Aug 21, 2005
304 posts
192 upvotes
North York, ON
smd wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 7:04 pm
Tried to sign up on their web site and got this:

Whoops!

We're having problems with our system and our check out is temporarily unavailable. Your order hasn't been placed and your credit card hasn't been charged.

Please try again later or visit one of our stores nearby.

I guess that's what I get for waiting until the last minute, LOL.
Tried again multiple times in incognito and on a different browser, yesterday and today. Still get the same error.

Anyone else getting this message?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8196 posts
3319 upvotes
Markham
will888 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:32 am
Nobody has that many inlaws on speaking terms. Personally I would approach these with an abundance of caution. If the people who had their numbers hijacked complain, people who buy these offers are going to lose their plan. I know of a couple of friends who have had their numbers hijacked and they are taking their case to Koodo. I would do that.
Maybe it's the same guy that built the monster blue home in Brampton for all his in-laws.
Sep 11, 2008
453 posts
217 upvotes
Quebec
will888 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 11:01 am
You have grounds to make an inquiry then. They must have been tweaking the system along the way to fill in the gaps.
The thing is I don't have a PM number, so my cas might be pretty short... Unless you have any ideas to suggest me? But I'm pretty curious if someone else had the same thing happen to them...

I ordered two SIM cards. One with new line and transfer number but got the activation from only one number
Last edited by Gr4v1ty on Sep 4th, 2018 11:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oct 10, 2006
220 posts
17 upvotes
If I am issuing a referral to a friend who already has account with Koodo (1 line), but will be adding another line (line 2) using my referral, what email address I should send referral to? His existing email on which the current line is and new one will be opened under or does he needs to sign up with a new email address to which I need to issue referral to?
Jul 14, 2018
214 posts
266 upvotes
redflags10 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 10:11 am
in the BST forum, there's a guy selling numbers for $60 each. Sold 8+ of them already. He has extra numbers from "in-laws" (he has 8 in-laws lol) Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
There's a another guy who's sold 2+ of them for $50 each

Use your generator and make some money off of it, instead you just have some upvotes and get a lot of flak in these threads
What a big family! I wonder if all their numbers start with the same 6 digits?!

Seriously, my profit off the generator is getting a decent plan myself. With Virgin I was paying over $30 for 500mb and got offered absolutely nothing by retentions all three times I called.
All I wanted was a good phone plan.
So I made a number finder and then a site for it.
In a way, the telecom industry did this to themselves.

Screw Virgin Mobile. Screw high data prices.
Oct 30, 2012
962 posts
261 upvotes
Hamilton
NinjaSaves wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 11:21 am
What a big family! I wonder if all their numbers start with the same 6 digits?!

Seriously, my profit off the generator is getting a decent plan myself. With Virgin I was paying over $30 for 500mb and got offered absolutely nothing by retentions all three times I called.
All I wanted was a good phone plan.
So I made a number finder and then a site for it.
In a way, the telecom industry did this to themselves.

Screw Virgin Mobile. Screw high data prices.
I'm with you on that, especially dislike various prices depending on region where you live, however not everyone are as moral and aren't trying to make a profit of your hard work if that's the case as I really doubt he had all those numbers from family members
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1482 posts
349 upvotes
Edmonton
I'd bet that the majority of the text messages sent out to get people into this koodo promo go unanswered. It is a shame to let that opportunity disappear so I'm not offended if a few savvy people jump into the grey area.

That said, it would suck if someone else scooped your legit opportunity before you had a chance to jump in so I have some sympathy and empathy there as well.

If someone mistakenly used a code you were given legitimately, be cool. Ask Koodo to honour their offer to you but there's no sense in making things difficult for anyone. Let's not make Koodo regret sharing these offers... personally, I want more in the future!
You can't steal in slow motion
Mar 14, 2018
236 posts
145 upvotes
Does anyone know if is still possible to get a Quebec plan through the portal website and then port in Toronto number?
Oct 30, 2012
962 posts
261 upvotes
Hamilton
Boondoggler wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 11:34 am
Does anyone know if is still possible to get a Quebec plan through the portal website and then port in Toronto number?
Yes it is, switch the number, get a plan, port number, might have to wait couple of days for next billing cycle but yeah still doable