Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1906 posts
2100 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Question for anyone that ported from Koodo postpaid to public back to Koodo postpaid, were you able to port your Koodo number into public without issues as the public page mentions to "contact us" when porting from Koodo or PC, or do they mean if you're porting from Koodo prepaid to public as they share the same back end.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2791 posts
512 upvotes
ffonly wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 3:22 pm
My order from the18th was delivered early last week. Still haven’t got an activation email though. Never got a shipping notification
Wow it's really weird that their delivery dates and sim activation dates seem to be all over the map.
Doesn't seem to depend on your order date at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
2791 posts
512 upvotes
Porting question...

Are there any issues or concerns I need to be aware of before porting one number over to Koodo from a small business plan which has 3 lines?
I don't want to mess up the porting because I have had this number for over 20yrs.
Last edited by Magoomba on Sep 4th, 2018 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1477 posts
639 upvotes
Cambridge
Mostly unrelated: does anyone with a Pixel or Pixel 2 running on Koodo know if they push through the monthly security updates or is that something I'll need to flash myself?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2006
7267 posts
2358 upvotes
Toronto
When does this deal ends?
Sharing is Caring - Without people sharing, these forums would not exist and no one would benefit from these knowledge and information.
Dec 23, 2012
250 posts
101 upvotes
Richmond Hill
orbitdesign wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:30 pm
Mostly unrelated: does anyone with a Pixel or Pixel 2 running on Koodo know if they push through the monthly security updates or is that something I'll need to flash myself?
You get updates from Google directly, not from phone carriers.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1477 posts
639 upvotes
Cambridge
kgkuan wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:37 pm
You get updates from Google directly, not from phone carriers.
Thanks! Just saw they pushed the update to their servers so I'll wait for it.
Aug 3, 2010
14 posts
Toronto
Magoomba wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:28 pm
Wow it's really weird that their delivery dates and sim activation dates seem to be all over the map.
Doesn't seem to depend on your order date at all.
I had my phone shipped out and arrived Sunday, but never got an activation email. Someone through FB chat activated it, but I still can't log into self-serve. So i dunno if something weird going on with their mail server or system, but it's definitely slow going.
May 20, 2017
521 posts
157 upvotes
GTA
Giorgiodethrifty wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 1:50 pm
Just wanted to add bell prepaid is the same
Yeah someone say no need to top Plan, cheapest to Port out and back to Koodo
Nov 24, 2016
885 posts
890 upvotes
Called Koodo for my sister who was on the 40 6gb plan. Got +2 gb added permanently. My approach was to be nice about the whole situation and use words like betrayed, punished, disappointed etc make is seem like Koodo are punishing the customers that adopted early etc. 20min call, not going to try to push my luck since she was originally a fido customer that managed to get the 40 for 6 gb plan.
Jul 26, 2016
13 posts
1 upvote
These are great deals, but I thought of a reason as to why Koodo is doing this -> Link.

If your base plan is less than $45, you can't upgrade your phone without changing your plan. This means you would lose this plan unless you bought a phone outright, which seems to be a couple hundred more

I'm on a 4GB $40 plan with Koodo and this concerns me a bit, though I shouldn't need a new phone for a couple years
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
1477 posts
639 upvotes
Cambridge
evergreen71 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:45 pm
These are great deals, but I thought of a reason as to why Koodo is doing this -> Link.

If your base plan is less than $45, you can't upgrade your phone without changing your plan. This means you would lose this plan unless you bought a phone outright, which seems to be a couple hundred more

I'm on a 4GB $40 plan with Koodo and this concerns me a bit, though I shouldn't need a new phone for a couple years
When you need a phone, wait for another one of these gift card deals to help drastically reduce the phones cost.
Nov 24, 2016
885 posts
890 upvotes
evergreen71 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:45 pm

this is a non issue as you can always add a new line on a larger tab and then just cancel that line pay off the tab and a couple of days of prorated service. As long as you have a koodo line they won't do a credit check on you again.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1527 posts
457 upvotes
What's the cheapest and fastest prepaid carrier to port in and back out?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)