Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2019 4:17 pm
Jul 16, 2017
8 posts
10 upvotes
Mississauga
Got the text as well. Damn my 12GB/3months/$105 after discounts with PM is feeling shaky right about now..

I'm not going to do it though. I am comfortable and PM feels very secure knowing their prices/plan can not change.
Aug 15, 2018
11 posts
4 upvotes
How long are you with PM? I switched mine 2 weeks ago... Hopefully I will get this text message and my number will be eligible for the move over...
Oct 14, 2012
330 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
imainnidalee123 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 2:17 pm
Got the text as well. Damn my 12GB/3months/$105 after discounts with PM is feeling shaky right about now..

I'm not going to do it though. I am comfortable and PM feels very secure knowing their prices/plan can not change.
Incorrect!

It changes every year. The loyalty program would reduce your monthly bill by $1 for each year you stay with them. In 3 more years, my plan would be $40-$2(preauthorized payment) - $5(loyalty) = $33. I also got 2 referrals so it's $31. C'mon Koodo, step it up! Need a hotter deal.
Last edited by CoastalWaves on Aug 24th, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1594 posts
1435 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BinaryJay wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 2:13 pm
Here is my problem with these deals still.

With my PM plans, they're kind of gone on record and even reversed course on this plan and price being good for "as long as you keep it".

If I switch to this Koodo plan (which is finally actually better value than I get from public mobile), how long is it going to last until they crank up the price and you start wishing you had that PM 12GB 90 day plan again?
If they're trying this hard to switch people off PM, you best believe it has to be for a reason.

That said. I still have no reason to switch since I avg 7-10GB/90 days and everywhere else has WiFi.

Instead of increasing daya, they need to start adding in plan details: unlim north America calling or things similar
May 12, 2012
95 posts
36 upvotes
I'm on the 40/6gb plan so take my advice with a grain of salt. I initially switched to the 40/5gb plan but then they raised the promo to 6gb like a few dats. I called a representative at koodo's and they told me they can't do anything to change the plan on their end, but they transferred me up to a manager or something "higher in the ranks" since they are authorized to change your plan like that and gave me 6gb plan. So I guess you need to as the representative to transfer you to a supervisor or something.
Apr 9, 2011
305 posts
108 upvotes
Markham Thornhill Os…
LAVA HOT holy shit. i dint switch on the previous offer but this is just ridiculous.
Sep 14, 2009
944 posts
385 upvotes
Halifax
imainnidalee123 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 2:17 pm

There's no guarantee that their prices won't increase. I'm in the same boat, but with the $180 credit, that takes the cost for the first year down to just $3/GB for the next 12 months.
Which is likely better than anything else in the country.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18651 posts
5308 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
BioRage wrote:
Aug 24th, 2018 2:14 pm
Didn't read fine print, but our PM prices will never inflate/change from my understanding.

Seems they are fishing for those who will change and regret it down the road.
I worry that once they have got most everybody off that plan, then maybe there won't be any teeth left to complaints about them retiring it or upping the cost forcefully like last time.

On the other hand, if you go with Koodo then... how much are you at their mercy for plan changes going forward.

I never come close to using my data up with my PM plan, I have no need to change the plan at all, price wise it's similar to what I'm paying. Main benefit with Koodo is that it's not 100% self serve like PM which really stinks when you have a problem (which to be fair has been never after the porting completed).
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1008 posts
789 upvotes
GTA
You also get $15 off your plan (after tax amount) making it essentially $40 +13% = $45.2 - $15 = $30.2 for 12 months. After 12 months its $40+tax again.

Crazy deal...
Images
  • Koodo.jpg
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1393 posts
852 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Holly shit.
This make my $40/6GB plan look like a joke
- 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
- Rogers $99 VIP Cable + 4K PVR + Gigabit Internet
- Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Nov 22, 2012
982 posts
827 upvotes
MARKHAM
I am seriously wondering if Koodo would honor it since I migrated in April....
RFD Score:
Koodo $40/6GB PM migration plan;
Public Mobile $8 50/50 limited talk/text plan;
3GB LTE data monthly plan $15 - Fido;
Self-propelled gas mower $120 - Sears;
2-stage snowblower $399 - Lowes;
Iphone 6s outright $22 - Koodo.
Aug 10, 2018
2 posts
3 upvotes
My sim card arrived at my door just minutes before this offer was sent out. Haven't activated it yet. Perfect.
Last edited by Pmorrow146 on Aug 24th, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 25, 2012
832 posts
250 upvotes
Just received this text. Switch to Koodo and get 5GB of data for $35/month OR 8GB of data for $40/month! PLUS $180 in bill credits. Plans include unlimited Canada-wide minutes & unlimited international text. You may be eligible for a $0 phone with the Koodo Tab. Switch online at https://Koo.do/choosekoodo or at your nearest Koodo location and use promo code JOINKOODOAUGDATA by September 4th, 2018. Offer available for 1647xxxxxxx. You're included on the list for Public Mobile offers and deals. To be excluded, reply unsubscribe. *Conditions apply.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Aug 30, 2009
217 posts
83 upvotes
Any good offers for koodo tab to go along with the plan if your eligible?
Jul 20, 2015
66 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'm tempted to switch - my renewal for the Fall 2016 plan is literally tomorrow, but if I go in store to grab a sim card then I'll have to pay a connection fee.. Decisions decisions.