Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Feb 11, 2013
253 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Did anyone who took the last promo was able to change the plan from 6GB to 8GB?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1754 posts
693 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
vivibaby wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:34 pm
But Chatr is Rogers?
Chatr is throttled, has high ping time, and has zones.
Last edited by AsianXL on Sep 4th, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2726 posts
550 upvotes
Noob question...can you port a number via self serve through the Koodo website any time? I mean I won't be able to pick up my SIM card until this evening and it doesn't have to be business hours, correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1754 posts
693 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chinesedevil wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:23 pm
Do it if you can afford/justify the cost. The experience is night and day compared to Chatr. I know cuz I came from Chatr. Even publics "3G" plans are a TON better. Full speed LTE completely blows Chatr away not only because of speed but because of consistency and usability.
Truthfully, I can't justify switching as I rarely travel outside of my zones and I only use about 1GB per month. Switching to Public Mobile from Chatr would be a NICE-to-have-option rather than a necessity.
Jun 21, 2012
94 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
yyz2hkg wrote: Noob question...can you port a number via self serve through the Koodo website any time? I mean I won't be able to pick up my SIM card until this evening and it doesn't have to be business hours, correct?
Yes, you can port at anytime even well after midnight.
Jan 11, 2002
976 posts
334 upvotes
Midland
exaflare1132 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:49 pm
Yes, you can port at anytime even well after midnight.
Would you say its automated to some extent?
Jun 21, 2012
94 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
joe2k1 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:56 pm
Would you say its automated to some extent?
I think so, as when I ported around 5-10 minutes the port was successful and that was at around 12:30 AM. I think the only time someone would need to do anything is if you input incorrect information in regards to the port like account number, PIN or IMEI but you should be good to port at any time you please.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
2538 posts
2953 upvotes
I STILL haven't been able to convert my 40/6 to 40/8. They just won't budge.
4 times now i've tried with the same result
Koodo, Fido, Telus, Public Mobile, Virgin customer.
Aug 18, 2010
400 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone familiar with signing up for PM plans help me out and answer a few questions ^_^

I have never been in this situation so I don't really know, but,

I know someone who only has his health card and visa debit. Are these two enough to just walk in Walmart and open up a line? Or do you need a drivers license and an actual visa?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2322 posts
1247 upvotes
GVRD
AsianXL wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:47 pm
Chatr is throttled, has high ping time, and has zones.
Since Rogers owns HSPA/GSM/EDGE spectrum and LTE infrastructre, comparing to Telus full LTE; I guess the difference is that PM is throttled LTE at 3M speed, Chatr is on HSPA. We all know LTE is far superior tech.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2322 posts
1247 upvotes
GVRD
justasomeone wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:16 pm
Can anyone familiar with signing up for PM plans help me out and answer a few questions ^_^

I have never been in this situation so I don't really know, but,

I know someone who only has his health card and visa debit. Are these two enough to just walk in Walmart and open up a line? Or do you need a drivers license and an actual visa?
You don't need to provide anything, it's prepaid, you give them your name, email, address, CC and you are good to go.

BTW, you should see the referral from my activation a few days back. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Aug 18, 2010
400 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
pkphilip wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:19 pm
You don't need to provide anything, it's prepaid, you give them your name, email, address, CC and you are good to go.

BTW, you should see the referral from my activation a few days back. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Thanks!!

And I also see the referral. Thanks again! :D
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1482 posts
349 upvotes
Edmonton
MrBanks321 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 12:14 pm
Hey guys,

Someone used my number for the migration plan without my consent,

Who do I contact to fix this?

I can't seem to find the Koodo number.

Thanks
Weren't you selling your number on BST? Don't scam the people that bought from you and if you got scammed, suck it up
You can't steal in slow motion
Oct 7, 2009
652 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
NavieM wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:14 pm
I STILL haven't been able to convert my 40/6 to 40/8. They just won't budge.
4 times now i've tried with the same result
Same here,
What if I make a post dated cancellation request with the retention team ??
Can I cancel the account closure request ?? I do not want to loose my number but seems like that is the only way to get the retention rep to consider me seriously.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Jun 9, 2012
16 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
orbitdesign wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:01 pm
Yes, yes it is worth it.
May I know how does it work with this migration plan and get a phone? How to obtain iphone 6 with $425 gift card from Bestbuy or Walmart with 2 yrs plan with the $35 5GB plan with $180 credit? Just order the PM migration to koodo and is currently being verified. Do I just bring the email to BB or Walmart to sign up for iphone 6?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)