Expired Hot Deals

[Koodo] Koodo $35/5GB or $40/8GB - Public Mobile Migration plus $180 bill credit

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 14th, 2019 3:13 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28559 posts
14332 upvotes
Ottawa
MrBanks321 wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 12:14 pm
Hey guys,

Someone used my number for the migration plan without my consent,

Who do I contact to fix this?

I can't seem to find the Koodo number.

Thanks
Anatomy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:22 pm
Weren't you selling your number on BST? Don't scam the people that bought from you and if you got scammed, suck it up
Busted!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8897 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
AsianXL wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:49 pm
Truthfully, I can't justify switching as I rarely travel outside of my zones and I only use about 1GB per month. Switching to Public Mobile from Chatr would be a NICE-to-have-option rather than a necessity.
I was in the same boat until they raised my rates but now I don't regret paying 10$ more at all. Its the usability factor that's the big changer. With Chatr a lot of time its full signal but has no data whereas with Koodo/Public its actually usable. At the end of the day its what you're comfortable with.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8897 posts
1639 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 3:34 pm
But Chatr is Rogers?
It is but it runs on a very congested 3G network (real 3G). Data sucks, the signal strength is good but its not indicative of the real world usage speeds.
Jan 24, 2015
336 posts
164 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
NavieM wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:14 pm
I STILL haven't been able to convert my 40/6 to 40/8. They just won't budge.
4 times now i've tried with the same result
Have you tried the webstore? 1-844-566-3697
Sep 11, 2011
488 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
I’m sure this has been asked but the thread is far too long to find the answer.

If we switch today, when is the cut-off to activate the SIM? In the same boat as those that just recently paid their bill. It’s stil worth the deal with the $180 credit and few $ less per month, but obviously not as great.

Thanks in advance.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28559 posts
14332 upvotes
Ottawa
ApocDeals wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:50 pm

If we switch today, when is the cut-off to activate the SIM? In the same boat as those that just recently paid their bill. It’s stil worth the deal with the $180 credit and few $ less per month, but obviously not as great.

Thanks in advance.
As long as you are able to order today, it doesn't matter when you "activate" the simcard.
Jan 27, 2007
613 posts
440 upvotes
ApocDeals wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Koodo will activate your SIM within 7-10 days of ordering whether your port or not. You cannot control that.
Aug 16, 2015
645 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ApocDeals wrote:

Thanks in advance.
There is no cut-off to activate. Koodo will activate it on their own, you don't activate the SIM. Whether they will delay activation if you call in, I don't know.
Oct 17, 2010
512 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
ticky wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:10 pm
Called Koodo this morning hoping to get my current plan ($60/6GB/500mins) changed to this deal or just anything cheaper really with more minutes.

Asked if I had to let them know i was cancelling and if I would be pro-rated. Rep answered my questions and wished me a good day. I guess taking the subtle approach doesn't work and I'll have to call back and just ask if they can improve on it.
Don't bother. If you already have an existing account and paying $60/month the chances are next to 0. Better off switching to PM and see what happens next.
Last edited by Tobsterboi on Sep 4th, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Virgin Mobile $40 6gb S8+
Public Mobile $38 5gb iPhone 8+
Oct 17, 2010
512 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
AsianXL wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 2:52 pm
I'm with Chat-R paying $30/month for 6GB data, unlimited province-wide calling, unlimited international text, etc.... but it has zones.... not sure if worth switching..
You can only get this deal if you're a PM customer and a text for migration.
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Oct 17, 2012
174 posts
167 upvotes
Newmarket
Just switched from my $40/6GB migration plan to $40/8GB. The person that picked up said it wasn't possible. I had to speak to the manager. I was nice and had to explain that I was disappointed and effectively being punished for changing early. First he offered me an extra 1GB for 2 years but I didn't give in and kept pushing. The manager finally gave in and said I would have to pay $10 one-time fee for it. I just took it even though I shouldn't be charged cause I couldn't do this online myself. Didn't want to push my luck too much.

EDIT: Just added in that the $10 is a one-time fee.
Last edited by Crackass on Sep 4th, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28559 posts
14332 upvotes
Ottawa
Crackass wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 5:08 pm
Just switched from my $40/6GB migration plan to $40/8GB. The person that picked up said it wasn't possible. I had to speak to the manager. I was nice and had to explain that I was disappointed and effectively being punished for changing early. First he offered me an extra 1GB for 2 years but I didn't give in and kept pushing. The manager finally gave in and said I would have to pay $10 for it. I just took it even though I shouldn't be charged cause I couldn't do this online myself. Didn't want to push my luck too much.
Why?
Oct 7, 2009
648 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
will888 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 10:55 pm
Looking closely at the referral approval emails, the phone number and account number are identified. It would stand to reason that these two items are there for a reason. If the account or the number is gone, then the reward goes as well. I could be totally wrong here. If you are not too far away from pay day, keep the two lines open for a while and let the $10 per month start trickling in and then cancel. Maybe if you are lucky the system will continue to flow money in.
pazivai wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 11:03 pm
Referrals are tied to the phone #, not the account
OK, guess what happens in the following case.
--> I added a second line with $ 40/8 GB plan
--> Received my first $ 10 Referral credit for the referrals I made under the first line
--> Ported out first line to any pre-paid but the account is still active since I added the second line which is still active.
--> Ported back my number (from the first line) to the second line.
Now my account number and Phone number both active and back to Koodo. So how my future referral credits will be forfeited ?
We will have to try it out I guess.
Below are the wordings from Koodo Referral program rules.
"In 4-8 weeks, if all terms are met, Koodo will apply the first $10 bill credit to your account and to the account of the person who referred you! The subsequent $10 installments will be applied for the next 4 months, as long as the accounts remain open and active during that time"
Last edited by jigz787 on Sep 4th, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a Public Mobile subscriber
I am a Koodo subscriber
Oct 17, 2010
512 posts
246 upvotes
Vancouver
NavieM wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 4:14 pm
I STILL haven't been able to convert my 40/6 to 40/8. They just won't budge.
4 times now i've tried with the same result
Don't give up keep trying. You will eventually get it.
Koodo $50.00 8gb S9+
Sep 6, 2013
83 posts
25 upvotes
Crackass wrote:
Sep 4th, 2018 5:08 pm
Just switched from my $40/6GB migration plan to $40/8GB. The person that picked up said it wasn't possible. I had to speak to the manager. I was nice and had to explain that I was disappointed and effectively being punished for changing early. First he offered me an extra 1GB for 2 years but I didn't give in and kept pushing. The manager finally gave in and said I would have to pay $10 for it. I just took it even though I shouldn't be charged cause I couldn't do this online myself. Didn't want to push my luck too much.
So, he changed the actual plan? He didn't just give a 2GB add-on?

That's pretty nice. I bet if you called in later, they would credit or take off the $10. Probably not worth calling right now because of the wait (unless you schedule a call back).